• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Found Some Old H

Buddy Revel

Greenlighter
Just found some old H from a few years ago but it is now dark brown and grainy.

Can I still snort it? Or what else can I do?

Please respond quick

Chill. You wanting to get high is not a community-wide emergency. ~15 minutes is a pretty nice turnaround anyway.

Your question is unanswerable. It's a few years old you say? Maybe it's degraded. Maybe it's contaminated with Anthrax. Maybe someone found your Heroin years ago, like a day after you left it where you did and replaced it with Nesquick and you've been holding on to chocolate milk mix for the last few years. None of us can tell you. It's unlikely that, if the substance were safe and non-toxic three years ago, that it would somehow become toxic simply through the course of time. Stranger things have happened, but it's unlikely.

The most likely outcome is going to entail some kind of degradation of the drug in terms of potency. How much degradation has occured will again be anyone's guess, with any answer being dubious.

Was wondering if it has happened to anyone else and if it maybe some mold or weird growth.

Thanks homie

What Keif said.. try a little bump, see what happens.. or take your finger, and put a tiny bit on there to taste it.. if it tastes like H, take a tester bump, see what happens, if its straight then go for it.. if it tastes/feels off, I wouldn't fuck with it.. be careful.

A change in color and consistency like this is most likely a result of oxidation. If it was stored in a cool/dry place, it is unlikely due to contamination. After three years it is quite possible that it lost a good deal of potency as well, but it would be much safer to dose according to standard protocol and to stop if you don't get the desired effects. I personally would throw it away, but I agree with others in that you should test it first before use.

I had somewhat of simular situation where I had come across a stash from a year before.. Basically it had lost over half the potency of what I remember when I first had it... Pretty sure yours has degraded.. Hey at least you found it��

There was a similar thread the other day discussing the use of (decades?) old Oxycodone. I forget the exact time-frame, but I can tell you that i've used Oxycodone that was at least 8 years old (the date the prescription was filled) and didn't notice any significant degradation although I was just judging based upon how that certain dose normally made me feel. I have a feeling that the substance being part of a pressed pill will have a significant impact on degradation though, as in, it probably slows it down, due to the fact that less surface area is exposed at any given moment.

But, I am talking out of my ass at this point.