• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Formulating rate-limiting, high-strength dope with a respiratory stimulant / opioid antagonist to prevent overdose

Fornax55

Bluelighter
Title pretty much speaks for itself. I've been talking to some members of my community who are far more involved in the drug distribution scene than I am as a simple recreational user. However, with a decade and a half of pharmacological self-study under my belt, even those who are pretty high up in the chain of command come to me for questions about pharmacodynamics and shit.

Currently I'm trying to figure out how we could produce some sort of dope that's strong enough to satisfy the addicted population and inherently incapable of producing a fatal overdose. My first thought was to include some sort of respiratory stimulant, akin to the way that nature tossed thebaine into the opium poppy to help prevent what I'm talking about. (Hold on, wait - maybe that's the answer that I need? If anyone could chime in on the plausibility of including thebaine in fentadope to prevent ODs, please do). Or to use some sort of opioid antagonist that's potent enough to bump off fentanyl and its analogs but with a binding affinity just strong enough to allow for a strong buzz.

Another suggestion given to me was to crystallize the substance present in an asthma inhaler and mix that in with the dope. I have no idea about that. Doesn't sound like a safe idea but I could be wrong.

There's also ongoing debate as to what "benzos" are actually included in what is commonly referred to on the street as "benzo dope." Knowing that most benzos aren't easily vaporized makes me a bit of an outsider when I try to tell people that their product doesn't contain what they're telling people it does, or at least asking them to specify what benzo is in it only to find out that they think "benzos" is actually the name of a drug. Smh.

The only thing I can think of that might match the feeling produced by "benzo dope" is etizolam, which can be sourced easily enough. We've entered a time when there's an entire generation of "heroin addicts" who have never actually tried heroin. Etizolam and enough of a potent mu agonist to fight off withdrawal would certainly satisfy their cravings. But then we have people overdosing on "benzos" all over the place with people shoving a dozen vials of narcan into their arms and wondering why they won't wake up.

Preventing overdoses is another matter entirely, though. Are there any opioid agonist/antagonists similar to buprenorphine that only exert antagonism after providing enough agonism to produce a strong buzz? Are there any rate-limiting opioids? Vape-able respiratory stimulants that wouldn't interfere with the quality of the buzz, but would keep someone breathing after they've passed out from an opioid and/or benzo overdose?

Any input would be much appreciated. I did learn a bit from this thread but was disappointed to see the lack of responses.

I'm not a pharmcologist but a chemist but imo this is not possible.

Mixing stimulants generally causes a an overdose if the stimulant wears off before the opioid. It's not really a safer combo. If the stimulant lasted longer you'd still have people using combos of your "stim laced dope" and regular fent and it would just create more danger imo.

Anything that isn't a strong agonist at the opioid receptor (partial agonists or antagonists) added to the mix would ruin the high if it has a binding affinity that is enough for it to compete with fentanyl.

That gives me a lot to chew on. Where I live, people always sell a bag of dope with a chunk of meth in it because otherwise it's impossible to stay awake. I personally find that with strong enough benzo/tranq/whatever dope, it doesn't matter how much meth I do beforehand. I've had multiple, multiple instances where I'll do a .2 hotrail of shard, then roast a point of meth in a bowl with a tiny chunk of dope in it (i'm talking like 0.02. Less.) and ten minutes later I'm still passed out.
The weird part is that I don't wake up feeling amped at all, even though I'm never out for more than an hour and a half. At that point the meth should be at it's peak. What the fuck is going on?
As for stim-laced dope, I've actually experimented lately with melting down dope into solution with various stimulants and then evaporating and rerocking it to create different combinations. Some of them have been somewhat effective at keeping me awake, whic his nice, but I can see people going against that because their whole intention is to pass the fuck out.

But your second sentence sort of answers the question, doesn't it? Simply use a respiratory stimulant that lasts longer htan the dope. Then people can knock themselves out all they want and keep breathing. Doesn't need to be something that necessarily interacts with the opioid receptors at all.

I'd think that "benzo dope" would generally refer to xylazine cuts
The more study I've done on xylazine and the more my body's deteriorated in the last few months the more I agree. I've been doing dope for ten years and I've never had it cause body pains and aches to this degree. I've never had anything cause my whole body to hurt like this.

the answer you are looking for is naltrexone. But it really won't work without pharmaceutically standardized product.

Back before they debuted oxycontin - perdue looked at putting 5mcg of NALT or a similar amount into oxy pills - it potentiates it, and past about 100mcg will block the high and eventually turn to inducing withdrawal.
however, im not sure how that would work with notazenes or fent. in fact, it won't. you would need so much more to compensate for their super high affinity/potency. you would probably need milligrams per dose to prevent the OD, which would make each dose a precipitated wd fiasco anyhow. imo - do less potent opioids.