• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Formula to reduce stimulant toxicity

purplehaze147

Bluelighter
My formula focuses on antioxidants that cross over to the CNS and substances that negatively modulating glutamate and positively modulate GABA receptors either through direct or indirect mechanisms.

I kept it all unscheduled and non-RX.

500mg Taurine - primarily a glycine agonist along with the few other sites it binds to make it neuroprotective and an inhibitory molecule overall.

200mg L-Theanine - this one has a lot going on too. All mostly inhibitory actions. It also causes the release of brain-derived neurotropic factor (BDNF), an important hormone for the repair of damaged neurons and can even promote the growth of new ones new ones.

2,750mg Potassium Bromide - the bromide ion will go through the chloride ion channel, the central part of the GABAA receptors, and will induce a stronger current than chloride (I'm pretty sure that's how it works) It produces an effect somewhat similar to benzodiazepines, again somewhat similar. DANGER: daily usage will lead to bioaccumulation due to its long half life, the side effects become VERY bad. Only use at most 2-3 times a week... Mostly 2 max.

Vitamin D3 0.025mg - an antioxidant that crosses the barrier to the CNS. Don't forget other vitamins as you're probably eating less during a stim binge, but vitamin D is one of the more important ones.

500mg Magnesium Citrate (or an alternative salt of magnesium, citrate isn't the best actually... MgBr2 could be used to kill two birds with one stone, but having them combined doesn't allow for alterations in dosage) - Blocks some calcium channels, including the NMDA receptor. It also has viatle biological mechanisms, but Ca+2 channel blockage is what causes the neuroprotection against stimulants. Similar to bromide, which goes where chloride goes due to having the same charge, magnesium ions try to copy calcium ions but end up blocking the channels instead. Less uncomfortable than a threshold psychoactive dextromethorphan dose.

5mg Melatonin - it's antioxidant and GABA increasing effects are protective.

750mg of phenibut - GABA-B agonist and specific Ca+2 channel blocker.

1,000 mg of GABA - once thought to not cross the blood brain barrier, more recent evidence shows this may be false or more complete than believed. I just throw it in for good measure.

Lemon grass and valerian for good measure too. There's a lack of unregulated easily accessible GABAA PAM's

Notable mentions:

Agmatine.

Spermidine

Alpha-lipolic acid

Panax Ginseng

Vitamin E

CBD

Last edited:
Im sure somebody has taken GABA on it’s own. Ive been told that it produces a feeling of pressure on the chest, reported to be unpleasant. Is that so?

The antioxidant/nootropic emoxypine is good at reducing oxidative stress and possible damage through dopamine oxidation. In my experience it removed the rebound of isopropylphenidate and thus will likely work with other stims as well.

Agmatine is a weird one, never tried it yet but people say either it works or it doesn't even pass the BBB. Memantine is kinda of the more potent variant of it, a mild NMDA antagonist and D2 agonist - will potentiate stims and possibly protect the neurons.
CBD alleviated panic from THC overdose but alone I couldn't feel anything. Well, to aid against toxicity one doesn't necessarily need to directly feel something.

Yeah read that too about GABA creating chest pressure, I dunno - never tried as well but can recommend picamilon, a prodrug which is metabolized into GABA and readily crosses the BBB. Will counter the stimulation though.

L-Theanine is odd as well, like other mild stuff I megadosed without getting any effects. It might regulate neuronal excitation though but I also read that it actually is a mild NMDA agonist so possibly even increasing stuff.

Magnesium is necessary for brain function among others, it has an awful long half life of a month or so and cumulates with daily intake, so one need to take it daily for some time and/or megadose to get instant effects (be careful with this, I mention it only for completeness)

Caffeine obviously increases stimulation by antagonizing adenosine, I would advise against using caffeine while on stimulants, I got angina pectoris from too much coffee while on methylphenidate.

Im sure somebody has taken GABA on it’s own. Ive been told that it produces a feeling of pressure on the chest, reported to be unpleasant. Is that so?
I'm interested in liposomal GABA or GABA bound within a cyclodextrin (alpha, beta and gamma are the most popular cyclodextrin, with beta taking the cake) ring.

The GABA site itself seems to not provide any pleasure though. Only agonism of the benzodiazepine, barbituate, and neurosteroid sites (alpha, beta and sigma...or delta sites... I think it's a sigma I remember, the lowercase delta looks similar) on the GABAA receptor that inosine, neurosteroids, and niacin naturally bind to. GABA itself lowers dopamine levels without a PAM.