forgotten password and my registered e-mail has expired....

thewhitebuilding

Bluelighter
So I changed my password a few weeks back as I occasionally do, and have been auto-logging in since. Hence I can still log into my account from this laptop.

However I've stupidly forgotten my password, and the e-mail I originally registered with has since expired from a lack of use. I need to change it to my riseup really. Is there anything I can do to change my password/e-mail?

Thanks

we can only send the password reset email to the address on file (for obvious reasons). if you do not have access to that email, then there is nothing we can do, i'm afraid.

alasdair

If you're logged on automatically then why not change you E-mail address to one you currently use, while you're still logged in? Then activate your account with new E-mail n them click "forgotten password" it wilm send to your new E-mail. Problem solved.

Evey

If you're logged on automatically then why not change you E-mail address to one you currently use, while you're still logged in?
because you have to enter your password to change your email address even when you're logged in.

alasdair

Do you? Oh. I haven't changed mine in a year.

The E-mail that has 'expired.' Usually if it's a web-based E-mail there may be an option to re-activate the E-mail. I know there was for Hotmail. Has you checked, thewhitebuilding, if you're able to re-activate this E-mail first?

(Sorry if I'm not helping here but really trying to think of a way in which this can be sorted).

Evey