• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos For those who got a anxiety disorder and is using Benzo, I got some questions

candysmandy

Greenlighter
Hi!
I'm doing some research and would love to know some more about Benzo use.

1. Are you using Benzo daily?
2. What kind and dosage?
3. What happens if you skip one day, does your anxiety come back?
3. What happens if you skip more days?

I would be so thankful for your answers!
icon_smile.gif

Don't even start with them would be my advice, they are great for emergencies when you are having a Panic attack or are under a huge amount of stress.

I was taking Clonazepam (buying of the internet) for 10 months went from 0.25mg a day to 6mg a day when I went to get help the Dr nearly fell out her chair. I had to get down to 1mg before they could move me over to 30mg of Diazepam. It took me a year to get to 1mg and another year to get off Diazepam So thats 2 years of my life gone I couldn't function.

This was 4 years ago and it took me 8 months before I started to feel half normal and a year till I could sleep without waking up sweating 20 times a night.

I know you might think your anxiety is bad becuase that what it does makes you think that you are going to feel like this forever.

Listen to my advice and stay away, unless you are Panicking or under extreme stress from a event in you life like a death in the family.

^ All do respect, you CHOSE to say on 1mg of Valium for a year ; at that dose it wears off rapidly, though even if you took it qid, 1 Valium is less than 100~ micrograms of Clonazepam or roughly xanax!

OP: We have a whole thread, although I/we need to update

What is your specific question? Because those are too broad; I lost 30-40 l bs and was a wreck and didn't know why, before getting on them

Point is, those broad questions depend on the details, and individual response shall still vary. Nonetheless, I am *Well* qualified (among others) to answer any and all queries involving benzodiazepines, and using them. Just be more specific, or PM me even; although public posting is the point, unless you want a straight up honest answer (or educated opinion?) very straightforward, and don't want to really hear "No" - although opionions are needed and solicited on our dysfunctional little site

So, Come as You Are - Not Lorne, Kurtis Donald Cobain
Uh, Good Day - Lorne

^ Might of misunderstood me buddy, I was on 6mg klonopin made a gradual drop over a year to get to 1mg Klonopin. switch from 1mg Kpin to 30mg valium. Then dropped over a year to eventual jump off at 0.5mg Valium.

I had no choice as I live in the UK and no GP will prescribe them long term so had to come off and if im honest and had the option to keep taking them I would have. Your tolerance can build to a extreme level if you are not under Drs supervision.

[/QUOTE

Did't mean to offend you - Should have realized that was a U.K. style approach -

Ashton Protocol was based off of VERY faulty logic, and am no fan

I meant, it doesn't, under normal circumstances, ever take the implied time period You described to get off such low doses once you have tapered down. 0.5-1mg Valium? Your talking 25-100mcg Clonazepam/alprazolam, at most.25 Lorazepam, daily, beyond si therapeutic; Clonazepam is notoriously difficult to taper or "jump off" from, though. Please, All Apologies, Take no offense, pal :)

No offence taken my friend I just thought you misunderstood my post. No worries ;)

[/QUOTE

Did't mean to offend you - Should have realized that was a U.K. style approach -

Ashton Protocol was based off of VERY faulty logic, and am no fan

I meant, it doesn't, under normal circumstances, ever take the implied time period You described to get off such low doses once you have tapered down. 0.5-1mg Valium? Your talking 25-100mcg Clonazepam/alprazolam, at most.25 Lorazepam, daily, beyond si therapeutic; Clonazepam is notoriously difficult to taper or "jump off" from, though. Please, All Apologies, Take no offense, pal :)

And am curious as to your experience w/ it now, without detailing too much, of course

Thanks man :)

And am curious as to your experience w/ it now, without detailing too much, of course

Thanks man :)

Feel free to PM me if you would like to know about my experience, dont want to derail this thread anymore than it has been:)

Thank You

Derailing threads, that's our job as Mods! And take my moderating seriously, and in moderation %)

Hope OP elaborates; if they are seeking anxiety treatment, the type, frequncy and severity play a role, and many would recommend benzodiazepines temporarily to find alternative treatment; if already on benzodiazepines, or just starting, different ball-game, and curiosity, uh, ok. It is of course a question of complexity and different answers - may/probably PM you, Thanks - Lorne