• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants For recreational meth users, how quickly can you bounce back?

OpiateKiller

Bluelighter
Hi all, I’m curious for those occasional amphetamine and meth users how long they need to function at a high level?

Like right now I’m working 6 days a week so if I want to use meth my only real hope is Saturday night and I have 1 day to recover before I have to work again.

This hasn’t really been enough time because I don’t sleep Saturday night and sometimes if I redose I don’t sleep Sunday night either...

Then for the next few days I am very tired.
My job is very physical and fast paced and I really can’t afford to not be on point.

I also can’t use meth or amps at work because my boss straight up would know. I am highly functional but you can tell by my eyes and voice I’m high.

Thoughts?

I work 6 days also but for lack of better wording, I'am an idiot when it comes to this because I just go go go...until I don't. I can be up 3 sometimes 4 days and still pull it off...for the most part. Fortunately in my case I work with a bunch of half wits that to have half the brain god gave a retarded gnat, so I'm constantly running and doing enough extra shit to where it dose't look to sketchy.
It's easy to say dose early and not again, hydrate, eat, and do ur best to rest a bit but we know, that shit never goes as planned. Maybe hit it as early as u can on saturday, spin ur night off and make it a point to take sunday and chill. Usually after any event be it one night or four there will generally be some type of tiredness and whatnot, comes with the territory. Making the best decisions based on you'r knowlage in how u judge ur own body, ect...is the best option

Ive accepted I cannot use anymore. If I take it Friday night then I use non stop until Sunday night and then cannot sleep, then feel compelled to use Monday to get through work and the process continues indefinitely until everything falls apart. I just don't have the control needed.

Nowadays I use ~once a year or less. I take several days off of work including a weekend (Saturday to Wednesday off, for example), buy just enough for a 24-48hr binge, get a hotel room, have my fun and fully recover before going back to work with nobody in my life the wiser. This is the only way that works for me now and with such infrequent use tolerance is of no concern as well.

I'm not usually one to suggest Benzodiazepines outright as a solution to a problem, but I dont think you have a lot of options.

- Set definite limits for yourself prior to taking and Amphetamines. This can be either a dosage restriction or a deadline after which you cannot use at all.

- There is that limbo phase with speed in which you aren't really high, feel like shit, but cant sleep. This is what the sedatives are for.

- When you know you're done, take a fair dose of a Benzo. Its hard to estimate because you're dealing with stimulants. I wouldn't do more than 4mg Clonazepam or equivalent.

- Do whatever you need to initiate sleep but if you take too much you could find yourself in a Meth/Benzo blackout. Titrate.

- As far as recovery, follow all the basics, before during and after. Hydrate (I love pedialyte for this purpose and so should you!), eat a lot before, vitamins.

- When you really dont feel like eating, I highly recommend smoothies. Throw in some fruit, milk, peanut butter, not kale and whatever else and you've got a high-calorie, nutritious meal!

In retrospect, I dont think bullet points were truly necessary for this? Anyway, the big takeaway is that I think you should consider using a Benzodiazepine or Z-Drug to help initiate sleep once you know the fun is over.

It's definitely not gonna be a full-spectrum, goodnight's sleep, but you will be much better off physically and mentally.

You're doing the right thing in not refusing for work. Yes, more speed will remedy the fatigue, but this is a major pitfall and can easily lead to a full-dependence, loss of job trajectory.

Let me know if you have any questions at all! :)

@Kef"Richards, good to have your Wisdom back on the BL!! We all need you here. Most listen the first time, some are a little slow on Uptake, but as I say "Time takes Time"

I'm not usually one to suggest Benzodiazepines outright as a solution to a problem, but I dont think you have a lot of options.

- Set definite limits for yourself prior to taking and Amphetamines. This can be either a dosage restriction or a deadline after which you cannot use at all.

- There is that limbo phase with speed in which you aren't really high, feel like shit, but cant sleep. This is what the sedatives are for.

- When you know you're done, take a fair dose of a Benzo. Its hard to estimate because you're dealing with stimulants. I wouldn't do more than 4mg Clonazepam or equivalent.

- Do whatever you need to initiate sleep but if you take too much you could find yourself in a Meth/Benzo blackout. Titrate.

- As far as recovery, follow all the basics, before during and after. Hydrate (I love pedialyte for this purpose and so should you!), eat a lot before, vitamins.

- When you really dont feel like eating, I highly recommend smoothies. Throw in some fruit, milk, peanut butter, not kale and whatever else and you've got a high-calorie, nutritious meal!

In retrospect, I dont think bullet points were truly necessary for this? Anyway, the big takeaway is that I think you should consider using a Benzodiazepine or Z-Drug to help initiate sleep once you know the fun is over.

It's definitely not gonna be a full-spectrum, goodnight's sleep, but you will be much better off physically and mentally.

You're doing the right thing in not refusing for work. Yes, more speed will remedy the fatigue, but this is a major pitfall and can easily lead to a full-dependence, loss of job trajectory.

Let me know if you have any questions at all! :)

Great suggestions, sir.
However.... the use of benzos to counter the negative side effects (fatigue, paranoia, racing thoughts, depression etc) during a crash, can very quickly lead to a brutally difficult-to-break cycle of meth/amphetamine addiction (first hand experience).
You're effectively cancelling out the comedown phase which is kind of a psychologically necessary part of the whole experience, without which, there's much less incentive to stop. I look at it almost like trying to hold in a sneeze.

**I need to reiterate that I'm not outright against using them for this purpose as I've had to reach for them during my fair share of shitty crashes. Just be very cautious cause it's a thin rope.

Last edited:
Very true, all drug addicts need to be very careful of the “Free lunch High” Never a good thing

I don't.
I stopped using meth regularly years ago coz it's took me 2-3-4 weeks the feel mentally normal again.
I only take it if I have a ton of downers after. Even still, not a fan anymore.

However.... the use of benzos to counter the negative side effects (fatigue, paranoia, racing thoughts, depression etc) during a crash, can very quickly lead to a brutally difficult-to-break cycle of meth/amphetamine addiction (first hand experience).
You're effectively cancelling out the comedown phase which is kind of a psychologically necessary part of the whole experience, without which, there's much less incentive to stop. I look at it almost like trying to hold in a sneeze.
Hmmm...I never thought about that, makes a ton of sense

I find that after using for 2-3 days there is a grace period of 1-2 days when I feel fine but the 3rd day brings the comedown.

My advice is don't do meth. But if you have to, force yourself to sleep with a combination of benzos and antipsychotics after no more than 48 hours high and then take a non-sedating antipsychotic for the next 2-3 days to ward off the worst comedown effects.

It takes me 3 full days before I can even try acting like I’m back to normal. A full week if that’s after using for multiple days in a row.

I can do it and just go to sleep even with the best speed. We got some stuff and just a bowl kept my boyfriend up for three days but I can always go to sleep if I really want to and eat and I think that’s helps with not having a come down or recovery time. Try and hydrate and eat and sleep. Maybe get vitamins