• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Food kills the high?

talkin2myself

Bluelighter
Am I the only one who experiences this?

I get the munchies so bad, but when I'm finished eating I realize that I'm not even high anyomre. Eating takes away all the euphory. Why is it like that?

(I don't mean snacks, I mean a full meal... Full meal who am I lying to? 4 cheesburgers with huge fries at McDonalds :D)

It happens to me too, may not for everyone else though.

I'll usually eat before I smoke, or I'll stop while I'm cooking for like 45 minutes eat my meal then smoke again. Kills my high.

I don't eat a whole lot usually just 1-2 big meals a day and some snacks in between so could be my blood sugar or something. I know it's unhealthy but I'm never hungry at all till like 4 in the afternoon most of the time lol.

It kills the munchies that's for sure , I haven't noticed any change after eating a full meal .

Filling my stomach makes my high more enjoyable.

I'll never understand the people who say eating kills their high. :?

I kind of notice this with my highs. I usually eat before I smoke to prevent the munchies, but it doesn't work most of the time because I just get hungry all over again, lol.
If I eat, when I'm done I'm sober. But if it's a light snack, it doesn't happen. Maybe it depends on how much you eat?
Funny how the digestive system and cannabis work together...

Ugh this happens to me all the time no matter what drug I am on. Same with using and then showering.... Total buzz kills

drunken, high showers are the best, junkiegirl, what'chu talkin' 'bout?

I think what happens for people (and this is totally my opinion here) is that they stop focusing on being high and distract their mind on another task, whether it be eating, showering, taking the dogs for a walk, going to the store, whatever-- and then by the time they finish the task, enough time has gone by for their high to naturally subside but, for whatever reason, people don't seem to realize that and expect to be as stoned as they were the second they put the bong down or snuffed out a joint.

Again, just my opinion... but the only thing that kills my highs is anxiety, and it's almost never drug-induced... usually related to legal/family troubles. I'll never, ever, NEVER understand how eating a meal could be a buzzkill, unless you overdo it to the point of becoming nauseous. I'm probably just a weirdo when it comes to this, though.

^I love getting in the shower when I'm tripping, but not high. When I'm on DXM, it's really fun because you're just like.. woah, there's water and an assortment of shampoos. When I'm high, the shower is definitely a buzzkill. But everyone's different :p

^^ well I'm glad someone agrees with me on the shower thing haha jibult just make me feel awkward as fuck lol. I agree tho showers when tripping can be amazing and soo intense. I once sat down in my shower and did DMT and OMFG it was just like nothing else I have ever experienced before.

jibult just make me feel awkward as fuck lol. I agree tho showers when tripping can be amazing and soo intense.

If I'm not making BLers feel awkward, I'm probably busy pissing them off somewhere.

I'm only helpful, like, 5% of the time.

But no, I fucking love stoned showers. Drunk not so much, but if nothing's spinning then a shower's A-OK. Nothing like waking up in a 35F room because you left your window cracked all night, burning through a bowl or two and hoppin' in the shower. Even better is when I gt off work at like 9:30am in the Winter after working overnight outside. I'm cold to my fucking bones this time of year when I get off work, but I get home, burn something and hop in the shower and it's like 30min in fucking Heaven, man, I'm tellin' you guys.

And yeah, sitting down in the shower? Guilty. I've been known to lay down and catch a little shut-eye in that sum bitch too.

I've only bathed once whiletripping. Two acid tabs some time in my later high school years.... the trip went well, but at around 3am I decided it'd be the best thing in the world to take a bath (which I hadnt done since I was literally in elementary school) despite everyone in the house being asleep. My mom knew something weird was up when I woke her up because-- again, bright idea-- I thought it best to take this bath without the lights on and with music playing.

Lol, fuck up of the year, that one was....

Last edited:
If I'm not making BLers feel awkward, I'm probably busy pissing them off somewhere.

I'm only helpful, like, 5% of the time.

Lol well I guess I will say, you are good at what you do.. Ohhh and to up that only "5% of being helpful" BS, I really do like your idea on why we lose our highs whilst doing stuff that like totally makes sense and that's why while when I'm on psychedelics I like showers because I'm just letting stuff go with the flow (for the lack of better words, it's early >.<) so you should say you're like 7% helpful!

I'm cold to my fucking bones this time of year when I get off work, but I get home, burn something and hop in the shower and it's like 30min in fucking Heaven, man, I'm tellin' you guys.

I'm with you on that one. It just fucking sucks when you get out lol.

^
yes that nasty hot water withdrawal is why I don't shower recreationally.

^I love getting in the shower when I'm tripping, but not high. When I'm on DXM, it's really fun because you're just like.. woah, there's water and an assortment of shampoos. When I'm high, the shower is definitely a buzzkill. But everyone's different :p

I laughed out loud at this comment hahaha

I find eating while stoned only kills my high if I eat excessively. If I eat a proper meal, it's usually fine. As for stoned showers, I only like those if I get stoned in the shower, those are a heavenly way to start your day.

I think the reason as to why we lose our high after we eat is because THC is fat soluble. After eating, serum triglyceride levels increase, and maybe the THC is absorbed into the triglycerides and not by our brain.

It is the same reason as to why the wake and bake high is often the best high of the day. Whilst we are asleep our bodies are fasting and serum triglyceride levels are at their lowest, hence you get real baked real quick.

Eating a smaller low fat meal whilst high wont kill the high as much as a high fat meal, well at least thats what I have found so maybe there is some truth.

Last edited:
i prefer to eat before i get high as i notice a diminished buzz if i were to eat too heavily after smoking. the euphoria would be gone at least.

my buzz would just become a sedating stone at that point.

Kills the high for me too if I eat more than a large snack/small meal. Always have to smoke more after but it seems to lack in some way.

Yes, eating food kills the high. One time I smoked some weed in college and then realized I had to do a physics lab. Well, I was pretty high but when I realized the physics lab was due, I started freaking out due to the cannabis and called a friend from high school. She instructed me to eat something and then chill out, and it worked beautifully. Anytime someone smokes too much or too strong a strain of weed, remember that if they start having a panic attack or otherwise complain about being too high or get paranoid, make them eat some suitable food (any kind will do) to bring them down. Remembering this last bit of advice may one day save you or one of your friends from an otherwise highly unpleasant experience.