Flying

AussieJoe

Bluelighter
Anyone ever get anxious when flying ...like when your taking off and your overcome with that feeling ....fuck i want to get off but its too late your there your going up and stuck till you land...the whole time with that uneasy feeling ....fuck i shouldnt be here.I dont normally have an issue with flying except for this one time ....just wondered if anyone else has had this happen

Anyone ever get anxious when flying ...like when your taking off and your overcome with that feeling ....fuck i want to get off but its too late your there your going up and stuck till you land...the whole time with that uneasy feeling ....fuck i shouldnt be here.I dont normally have an issue with flying except for this one time ....just wondered if anyone else has had this happen
I've heard there are medications you can take for flying like dramamine or something. I used to just smoke a lot of weed before going to the airport and maybe have a beer on the plane. Seemed to at least calm the nerves a little bit. For me, I hate the landing more than any other part of flying. I can always feel the plane wobble and I always fear one of the wings will scrape the runway as soon as the landing gears hit. lol

I get anxious with flying when the plane gets hit by extreme turbulence. I don't have an issue with take off or landing, I sort of enjoy those parts of it. But during turbulence I freak out because I've watched so much Air Crash Investigations that I think the plane is about to crash when that happens and I start praying for the end to come.

Oh, definitely. It's a common anxiety response. I've even gotten it on large Ferris wheels, especially when it stops to let other people on & off and I'm stuck at the top. My dad always got claustrophobic in elevators.

The funny thing with me is, I always love flying once I get over that initial fear. Sitting by the window actually helps me, because it's the "trapped" feeling more than the flying part that makes me nervous.