• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flying Toronto to Las Vegas with cannabis??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fresco

Bluelighter
So next week I'll be travelling to Vegas for a convention.
I wanna bring some 10mg low dose THC:CBD gelcaps with me for my aching back.
Would that be legal since THC has been decriminalized in Ontario and Nevada??
I'm flying over federal airspace and last time I checked THC is still illegal in USA on federal level.

Also, would drug sniffing dogs be able to detect it??

Nope, can only bring it within Canada.

Dunno about the dogs but if you're arrested, it's a really bad charge.
Just buy it there

Nah not legal and not worth the risk when you could just buy in Vegas when you get there.

If the back pain accentuates while you’re in those crappy airline seats, take what you need before you enter Canadian airport property, or as others say - buy in Las Vegas. Getting arrested crossing into the USA can cause a world of hurt.

Tom.

Remember what happened to Marc Emery before « legaleezation »? It was over seeds and these don't buzz...

So next week I'll be travelling to Vegas for a convention.
I wanna bring some 10mg low dose THC:CBD gelcaps with me for my aching back.
Would that be legal since THC has been decriminalized in Ontario and Nevada??
I'm flying over federal airspace and last time I checked THC is still illegal in USA on federal level.

Also, would drug sniffing dogs be able to detect it??
Don't worry about the gelcaps just put them in a fish oil supplement bottle and re seal. As far as flower you might get away with it. If it was from CA to NV or OR to NV youd have no worry. But being international I cannot say it's wise. You won't get in much trouble for trying ($1000 max fine) good luck and enjoy vegoose!

Remember what happened to Marc Emery before « legaleezation »? It was over seeds and these don't buzz...
Not only that, the seeds were sold in Canada where it was not a crime - and the Canadian government allowed him to be extradited to the US b/c they claimed that he used the USPS in the commission of a crime. Oddly enough the unlicensed sale of seeds is now a crime in Canada. We can only legally purchase a limited selection of genetics.

A friend of mine got busted for crossing into the US with 1-2g hash. He was lucky to only be fined and sent back into Canada.

Tom

OP - please do not attempt to smuggle. Morally I think it’s ok, but are you willing to potentially fuck up your whole life? Take your gelcaps before flying and purchase in LV.

Tom

it only depends on the airport you're leaving out of and how they handle it

i would just put them in my sock - nothing will be set off with them there that way

it only depends on the airport you're leaving out of and how they handle it

i would just put them in my sock - nothing will be set off with them there that way

ohhhhhh I feel like this is terrible advice coming from a typically stellar Bluelighter.

OP: Do not attempt to smuggle drugs into the USA on an international flight. Chances are that you'll be fine, but there's also a chance that you're gonna get slapped with some very detrimental drug-related criminal charges. Really, this discussion should be about risk vs. reward and not necessarily how to avoid the risk and reap the reward, because it's a gamble every single time.

Also? See this:

Weed is legal, and cheap, in Vegas. Judt grt it there

Asked and answered.

It's illegal.

Have to close this as BL doesn't allow us ( or members ) to answer legal questions as none of us followed through with our law degrees. At least I didn't anyway.

OP is in Vegas as we speak so he either did or he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.