• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Flurazepam

dorian.927

Greenlighter
Hello,
Did anyone try flurazepam (Dalmane, Dalmadorm, Staurodorm...) recreationaly in a single dose ? Is flurazepam good for this use ?

I've tried it more than a few times. I don't recall it being particularly recreational.

You're welcome. I can't remember the exact dosages - but starting with 30mg and I probably got up to maybe 45-60 at some point. Note that I had a good benzo tolerance at the time.

When I was younger I had access to Dalmanes. I thought it was failry potent, more so than diazepam. Seemed there was a period everyone had diazepam and flurazepam in their medicine cabinet. To me they are all similar, none recreational but useful for sleep.

I havent but my friend did take some and reported that they where just not recreational. He liked his valium and temazepam and apparently dalmane was just not like that

LOL I could not tell the difference between any of these but I am a novice. I could not tell a xanax from an ativan. I imagine other can for sure tell the subtle differences. They all make me sleepy and apathetic. Now a barbiturate (like seconal) can for sure be identified as a barbiturate and not a benzo. So not all these sleep meds do the same thing to me. But benzos all become a blur. As a youngster we for sure took dalmanes with a few beers and partied.

Last edited:
LOL I could not tell the difference between any of these but I am a novice. I could not tell a xanax from an ativan. I imagine other can for sure tell the subtle differences. They all make me sleepy and apathetic. Now a barbiturate (like seconal) can for sure be identified as a barbiturate and not a benzo. So not all these sleep meds do the same thing to me. But benzos all become a blur. As a youngster we for sure took dalmanes with a few beers and partied.

I have taken 20mg's of ativan orally, IVed a 4mg amp and took 12mg intramuscularly altogether and still never got a high from it. So its like placebo with me. Now temaz i love. So ya i can definetely tell a difference. Wish i could get a barb but in Canada theres only phenobarbital and whatever is in fiorinal i forget which one.

Id imagine with its long half life dalmane would be useful for putting off wd for awile anyway

Yeah phenobarb doesn't count. It basically does nothing but make you sleep without feeling anything. Where as taking a seconal would have you stumbling in 20 minutes. The best were Tuinals. A mix of amobarbital and secobarbital I believe. Those were around until about 1983.

I have had temazepam as Restoril some years ago. Again took it at night, smoked weed and slept. I may be able to tell a valium from a xanax due to the length of time. I had quazepam, prazepam and flurazepam once from a methadone clinic when I kicked. Prazepam I could tell was not as sedating. Quazepam and flurazepam I could not tell the difference on a double blind test. lol Although I will say I had a halcion (as Triazolam) prescribed too and that for sure was different. Strong, hit quick but wore off fast. In opiate withdrawal it would make me sleep 3 hours and done.

Ya so far ive only had the commonly scripted benzos like clonaz, ativan, valium, xanax and temaz. Sadly i havent gotten my hands on halcion yet but i doubt the shrink i have who is only my age would ever think of scripting it. It's something i never even heard doctors who where rather liberal with benzos mention. I remember some air rage incidents where blamed on halcion. I guess maybe dome people had a bad reaction from it onboard a plane.

Id imagine with its long half life dalmane would be useful for putting off wd for awile anyway
Some of the benzos have long half lives because they metabolize into other benzos and stay in the bloodstream. I have to look up if flurazepam does that too. I mean I think diazepam affects me longer than flurazepam. But we know diazepam does metabolize into other benzos. I had recently read that bromazolam does not metabolize into anything so then next day people that are dependent on benzos notice a quick and fast rebound. (I never did but I am far away from a benzo habit)

I do see norflurazepam pill for sale online so I wonder if flurazepam metabolizes into norflurazepam. I understand people really like norflurazepam for recreation. Have not tried it so can't comment.

Thanks for the banter paranoid android! I wonder how the OP is?

I have done flurazepam years ago, Dormodor brand, 15 and 30 mgs capsules. Kind of weak compared to other hypnotics, not that great, even for sleep you need to push the dose up to 60mgs if you have any kind of a benzo tolerance. Not too recreational, maybe with a low tolerance you may get a kick from it.
Maybe better than lorazepam (imo, as I hate it), but way, way inferior than alprazolam or diazepam for sure.
Also, I remember it lingering heavily into the next day. Not a big fan of flurazepam