Mental Health Fluoxetine and Weight Loss

supersonic89

Bluelighter
Guys,

I have read that Fluoxetine produces less appetite and weight loss, is this true?

Currently, I am taking Sertraline but my appetite has increased tremendously. I have gained about 10 kilos in two months. The good thing is that I am still in my normal weight range, but I fear that if I continue like this I will soon be overweight. I also can't exercise because I have a lumbar hernia. So I can only do light exercise, no jogging or weights.

So, does Fluoxetine effectively decrease appetite? Is there another antidepressant that does not increase appetite like Sertraline?

Wellbutrin is an atypical AD that suppresses appetite. It is stimulating, and off label sort of works for both quiting smoking and ADHD. But, ask your doctor first about this for sure, because all drugs interact differently with everyone, and it is best to take advantage of using in a safe, controlled environment.

Wellbutrin is an atypical AD that suppresses appetite. It is stimulating, and off label sort of works for both quiting smoking and ADHD. But, ask your doctor first about this for sure, because all drugs interact differently with everyone, and it is best to take advantage of using in a safe, controlled environment.

I have tried Wellbutrin but I did not notice much difference in my appetite. Although I noticed more energy and my pupils got huge hahahaa.

Has anyone tried Fluoxetine or Prozac?