• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Flubromazepam taper

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
Been using flub for roughly 4 months and am taking doses in a recreational amount to the point where Ive realized I need a taper off and use something less potent like etiz. Anyway, for someone who uses roughly 1-2mg a day 500ug being a strong dose. What’s a possible taper, also can sub flub to diclazepam When I’m able to do so without borderline seizure, so how long and how slow should I taper the flub and when should I sub In the diclazepam to finish off fully?

Yeah since you are talking about 500ug doses I assume you mean f-lam rather than f-pam?

1-2mg is thankfully not too rough to taper from especially if you've only been using for four months. Switching to diclazepam is a good idea. It is hard to recommend doses with these RC's since the potency is all guesswork, but 4mg diclazepam is probably a good start for a taper considering how potent f-lam is. I want to stress this is just an estimate though.

We just had a question asked within the past couple of days regarding a similar issue OP. We all agreed that a few months of chronic usage should not be enough to warrant a long, drawn-out taper. Every case is different, but let's ballpark it at 3-5 months continuous usage. It would be great if you could provide a little bit more information though. You mentioned "borderline seizure" in your post so I just want to know what exactly you're saying. Have you had a seizure? Did someone tell you that you might or is this coming from you?

I would be surprised if this few months of use caused you to have seizures from withdrawal, but it's sure possible. Also, if you've had experience with Alcohol or Benzodiazepine dependence in the past, it's pretty easy to reacquire a potentially dangerous level of dependence in a short(er) period of time. This is known medically as the "Kindling Effect" in case you ever feel like reading up on it.

A lot of how this will move forward is based upon things like the quantity of drugs you have available to you, your resources and your time constraints for fixing this if you have any. As we've already mentioned, you shouldn't be in any danger here, but you also don't need to suffer for an unnecessary reason. Knowing all of this, I would recommend testing the waters a little. Try reducing your dosage by a reasonable amount and see how that makes you feel. If you can manage it, keep going or even consider making a larger reduction.

There will almost certainly be some level of discomfort involved, but you should be able to accomplish this in a pretty short amount of time without an incredible amount of suffering involved. Start by making a reduction and let us know how that works for you. We can go from there and do our best to help you design a reasonable taper schedule that helps you meet all of your objectives. Let us know how it goes. We are here to help!

I would normally agree a rapid taper is sufficient from only a few months of benzo use, but if it is indeed flubromazolam OP is on, it is highly potent stuff. The other thread was talking about 0.5mg clonazepam per day which is a low dose of a pharma benzo that's not gonna cause anything but some rebound. Flubromazolam on the other hand is an RC we don't know much about except that 0.25mg is enough to straight up knock a benzo naive individual out. There has been at least one recorded case of a this shit putting someone into a coma at 3mg and that wasn't combined with any other drugs, just flubromazolam on its own.

Flubromazolam is a different beast altogether from regulated rx benzos and I do think it's a smart idea to taper a little more seriously with this stuff given the crazy potency and unknown nature of its pharmacological profile.