• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Florida is to execute man using untried lethal injection drug

I would rather we kill prisoners pretty quickly than spend money on them hanging around in prison. I also think there should be a wheel the prisoner spins on tv with many gruesome fates. The execution is televised.

I think whenever the prisoner is praying to get firing squad that would be true deterrent.

No we should have "Running Man" style death contests instead, and if they win they get to live on a penal colony in the sun or something. It could kind of be like an annual Olympics style gig, I reckon the viewing figures would be enormous. Just look at how voyeuristic and nasty TV is becoming now, with shit like Cheaters, after all.

madhatter: The death penalty is equal to government sanctioned MURDER!!!! Two wrongs do NOT make a right. For the most part only backwards barbaric countries still use the death penalty. I say we give them life WITHOUT parole .....let em rot away slowly over the decades.

Umm... by that logic isn't slowly letting them rot away a wrong, and... by your logic two wrongs do not make a right so logically.... you see where i'm goin. give em a choice and reserve punishment only for the worst repeat violent and sexual offenders. No killing for white collar, non-violent or victimless crimes. o yeah, and drugs shouldnt even be a crime. Our only societal responsibility is to remove sociopaths who are unable to control their impulses.

Why don't they just get rid of all prisons. Instead, take all people not in jail for life and rehabilitate them. Then take all the scum that's left and put them all in an open area 10mi x 10mi. Surround by massive wall. Airlift food + drugs. Create new 24hr live reality TV show. Make billions. Pay for rehabilitation and make profit!

It makes sense; they're all running low on pentobarbital and nobody will sell them any.(If that's true, how the hell are they getting the pancuronium bromide and potassium chloride!?) I can't remember the blokes name, but he's trying to get a stay of execution as he's allergic to the new midozolam drug. I've been reading about this, and it seems there is no universal lethal drug protocol anymore; many states are trying different drugs, some are switching to a single drug.

I'd he interested to know how many innocent men have been executed. In all likelihood, Jesse Taffero was innocent, also the guy from the documentary "14 Days in May"; there's very strong evidence he was innocent. Poor bastard died suffocated in a gas chamber-now that's a brutal way to go-and he probably did nothing to deserve it.

I had found some info on DNA reversals. In 2007 had reached 200 including 123 rapes and 54 murders.

I think the reason almost every one of those poor bastards spent time on death row in the first place was because they couldn't afford competent defence counsel. People with really good lawyers rarely get sentenced to death, which is pretty terrible considering there are lives on the line, literally. In the words of Tony Montana: ”you know what capitalism is? Getting fucked."