• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Flexeril

beebox

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any experience with Flexeril? In the past I've taken it while coming down off of cocaine, but I've never taken over 15mg. I'm a week sober from cocaine and tonight I'm feeling very irritable, wide awake, anxious, tense, sad, etc., so I took 20mg. I don't know if I'm looking for a high so much as I hope I sleep tonight as sleep has been hard to come by this last week. I guess I was just looking to hear about any other personal Flexeril experience.

I don't believe it has any recreational value. A doctor once told me it has a Valium-like relaxant effect on muscles, but without all the enjoyable/fun effects :\

It used to make me nod, but it doesn't do that anymore. If anything, I'm a little less anxious.

Eh cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) doesn't hold much value for me personally- at least on its own.
Given the right dosage, it'll make me a bit sleepy, but that's about it. So if that's your only intention in using it, you should experience some benefit, but we're all different.
Zero recreational value, and (for me anyway) not very efficient at its intended purpose as a muscle relaxant.

As for the comparison to diazepam, yes they're both muscle relaxants, but they work through entirely different modes of action and present very differently. To say it has a "valium-like effect on the muscles" is highly inaccurate, more just a bad attempt at simplifying a drug's effects from a doctor to an un-knowledgeable patient is all.

As a side note, I would think you may wish to use caution (on your dosages at least) if using in conjunction with cocaine....considering the serotonergic properties they each carry....

Glad to hear you're a little less anxious, I don't recall ever having got that effect, but I'm sure there are some that do.
As for achieving sleep, I would think in most cases, that 20-30 mg (if that) would be perfectly sufficient.....but YMMV.
Let me know if I can be of any further assistance and I'll help the best I can.
Hope you can achieve some sleep and get to feeling better- be safe and good luck.

-PA

As for the comparison to diazepam, yes they're both muscle relaxants, but they work through entirely different modes of action and present very differently. To say it has a "valium-like effect on the muscles" is highly inaccurate, more just a bad attempt at simplifying a drug's effects from a doctor to an un-knowledgeable patient is all.
i believe he used the comparison to Valium to make flexeril sound better than it is. Maybe to induce a placebo effect lol. He was a quack and thought every patient that saw him was drug-seeking.

Eh cyclobenzaprine (Flexeril) doesn't hold much value for me personally- at least on its own.
Given the right dosage, it'll make me a bit sleepy, but that's about it. So if that's your only intention in using it, you should experience some benefit, but we're all different.
Zero recreational value, and (for me anyway) not very efficient at its intended purpose as a muscle relaxant.

As a side note, I would think you may wish to use caution (on your dosages at least) if using in conjunction with cocaine....considering the serotonergic properties they each carry....

Glad to hear you're a little less anxious, I don't recall ever having got that effect, but I'm sure there are some that do.
As for achieving sleep, I would think in most cases, that 20-30 mg (if that) would be perfectly sufficient.....but YMMV.
Let me know if I can be of any further assistance and I'll help the best I can.
Hope you can achieve some sleep and get to feeling better- be safe and good luck.

-PA

Thank you so much. I appreciate the insight and the kind words. I was able to fall asleep after I took 20mg. I slept pretty soundly, too, but every time I did wake up and look at the clock it felt like time was just speeding by.

Tbh, I miss my Xanax. But I'm seeing a new psychiatrist in a couple weeks so I will have them again.