View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Fizzy ketamine

Pt4hh0t3p

Greenlighter
So I purchased some K from a (now-no-longer) trusted supplier.
I put a gram in a glass and poured hot distilled water on it in order to dissolve it for IM.
The stuff started to bubble as if I poured a BEER, I'm not kidding. Never seen anything like it in the many years I've been using K.
Post-fizz I ended up with a fluid with lots of insoluble debris floating in it.
A nasal assay from a second baggie showed that the crystals (that btw looked like good K) at least contained an unknown but very noticeable percentage of K.

Any ideas what the adulterant might be? Suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm hoping to eventually be able to purify his stuff ending up with a safe and good-ish compound.

While I like K the main reason I use it is because I'm a veteran and the stuff works really well in the problem areas common to me and many of my ex-colleagues.
The shithead who sold me this crap is the only source I have access to. So I'm kinda fucked right now.

Damn that's weird. If I were you, I'd obtain testing reagents and give it a test. There are a bunch of RC dissociatives that are sximilar to ketamine but they're not ketamine. So it might not even be ketamine, even though you felt effects. Of course, it could be. The other dissos are eprfectly good drugs too, but they're not ketamine and are not as well-studied and may not work as well for what you're using K for. Regardless, if there is insoluble debris, then there is definitely cut in there. In my experience, in all street drugs, cuts are extremely common.

Perhaps someone will chime in with experience. However,a s you're in Europe, why don't you send it in to Energy Control? I believe it's free for Europeans (or else quite cheap), and they'll give you lab results, tell you the purity, what it is, etc. It's the only way to actually know.

[A minor update]
Dismal quality or not, it still worked. And as it became necessary I ordered another baggy. *sigh*
Surprise: no more bubbly.
So I suppose the whole thing has become aKademic now.
Still super curious though what the hell that other batch was cut with, so...

Thx for the tip Xorkoth I'll do so if I run into this (or other) mystery compounds again.
Btw I'm familiar with some of the not-ketamines like the MXE-of-old and the more current FDCK and DCK, and 'the bubbly' definitely contained ketamine.

Oh I found a pic I made - right after the worst foaming subsided. The glass contained 2 gram of the stuff and 8 cc distilled water.

Perhaps someone will chime in with experience. However,a s you're in Europe, why don't you send it in to Energy Control? I believe it's free for Europeans (or else quite cheap), and they'll give you lab results, tell you the purity, what it is, etc. It's the only way to actually know.

Uhm, it's 70€ ?..

Oh, well I think there is a free testing service somewhere in Europe. Or somewhere. Is it Wedinos?

If it fizzed it might be a soluble aspirin or berocca or something like that.like a soluble vitamin.how did it taste? Sour? acidic? Do u have p.h. strips?

Figured something like that as well. Impossible to check for it though as it's all gone now and the seller has replaced his stock with non-fizzy K.
I read one other similar report on Reddit but no useful info there either.
The contents of the baggies looked pretty normal so the fizzing sure gave me a "WTF?" moment.16811

It wasn't all a waste, Pt4hh0t3p, I think that's a great band name and am going to use it next band I'm in !

Fizzy Ketamine !!!!

;)