• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Fish oil for HPPD

Fish Oil Kicks Ass!

I have been taking fish oil for a while now. It is SO good for the body, in SO many ways. It is amazing stuff.
What I have gathered from all my research is that flaxseed oils contain a short chain fatty acid..while the fish oil has the whole long chain fatty acid (or something to this effect, I am no scientist so sorry if I am explaining it wrong). So basically (like ksi said) the flaxseed oil omega-3's have to be converted into the long chain acids to help you..once again I'll say..or something like that!
Here are some links to help you guys:

Fish Oil News

Omega 3 and 6 news

I hope those links work. They have lots of good info.
Taking these fatty acids has improved my life considerably. I recommend it for everyone!
-andi

WAL MART, RITE AID, GNC..it's everywhere, and not too too expensive (not considering how beneficial it is)
-andi-

those supplements don't even contain that much fish oil anyway. i don't know what everyone's tripping out about. i took it for 2 months and i didn't see a big difference in anything and i pay close attention to the effects of anything i take.

Note to self: do not get involved with psychadelics. [/QUOTE]

as long as you don't drop acid habitually, or any other psychadelic for that matter, there should be no reason for concern. LSD does cause it the most though. Read up on it before you totally write off hallucinogens. By the way, MDMA has the propensity to cause it as well, not sure if you were aware of that.

^^ You're a little misinformed there. If you actually read up on HPPD you'd know the following
Although many users of hallucinogens may experience minor visual changes, the huge majority will never develop HPPD. Many people have taken hallucinogens hundreds of times and report no ill effects.

However, some people with severe HPPD got it after their first trip. From the evidence so far, it appears that if you are prone to HPPD, then you have a good chance of getting it after only a few experiences. This is based on informal surveys of people on HPPD discussion forums and a handful of published case reports. Some of the published papers suggest that there is evidence that some people are genetically more likely to get HPPD, but we have been unable to find the references which describe this.

Dr. Abraham (the creator of the term HPPD and leading researcher into this phenomenon) dramatically describes his negative view of LSD use: "using LSD is like playing Russian roulette, but using a chemical instead of bullets".
(That's from Erowid). In other words, making sure LSD/other psychadelics don't become "habitual" will do fuck all to protect you from HPPD, and is no reason to relinquish concern about it.

I thought I'd bump this thread because after reading it several months ago I decided to give fish oil a go. I've had HPPD for 2 years and 8 months, with no change in the severity of the symptoms. I was dissapointed with fish oil, to say the least. To it's credit fish oil is the only thing that has even dented the effects of my HPPD. I got up to the point where I was taking 20 1000mg capsules a day, which I felt was unsustainable economically and in terms of maintaining an internal vitamin balance. The visual effects of my HPPD seemed to get ever so slightly less noticable, but not enough to warrant ongoing fish oil intake.

:\

Really, how can anyone prove that it is doing that much change for you when everyone's body requires a different amount for absorption, and no one can tell how much you'd need unless you get a blood test done to see how your body absorbs nutrients to begin with? i hate these "cure all" ideas. This reminds me of Dr. Barefoot's "cure all" spiel about coral calcium. I doubt you'd see the effects as fast as a person here claimed to have anyway. The effects are supposed to be subtle. They aren't like recreational drugs that have a direct effect feel.

If you're gonna do it, i'd recommend getting your omega-3 source from a bag of flaxseed and just sprinkle it on everything you eat, rather than relying on the very unregulated, un-FDA-approved field of vitamins and herbs. i wouldn't even dare go get it from eating fish--or it is just salmon that contains the omegas?--because the mercury content in fish, factory farmed or caught in the wild, is deadly. AND, hemp oil contains the omegas, which is another safe-as-flaxseed source of the fatty acids!

Chill the fark out :)

No one said it was a panacea.

Do you have HPPD?

I think I speak for most sufferers when I say that if you hear a rumour you can get some relief from a $20 bottle of fish oil, you give it a go.

and no one said it was not.

u can get a bag of flax and hemp for cheaper. you might as well put some sense before your cents if you're suffering so much, ok. and if that's your attitude: "i suffer so i'll do whatever it takes," then you are a scammer's dream, because that's the attitude that most unregulated supplements cater to. Caveat emptor, HELLO!