Mental Health Firsthand experience with Benzo causing depression?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
I’ve taken Clonaz 1-2 mg for 3 days. Depression got pretty dark. Anyone have firsthand experience with anxiety and depression caused by Benzos? I’m really afraid right now. Suicidal ideation then panic-attack. Just flipped out verbally on someone.

Last edited:
I’ve recently started using benzos again (bad move!) in an attempt to help me as I lower my maintenance dose of bupe. I never noticed this before, and perhaps it’s a symptom of my lower dose of bupe, but yesterday I took 40mg Valium and flew in to a rage! This is about the fourth time this has happened in the last couple of weeks!
Sounds to me like that stuffs no good for you man! Hope you’re feeling better now?

Yeah, it makes my depression worse, though usually over time rather than acutely. Clonazepam, xanax. Disinhibition when depressed or in a mixed state can be quite bad.

I’ve recently started using benzos again (bad move!) in an attempt to help me as I lower my maintenance dose of bupe. I never noticed this before, and perhaps it’s a symptom of my lower dose of bupe, but yesterday I took 40mg Valium and flew in to a rage! This is about the fourth time this has happened in the last couple of weeks!
Sounds to me like that stuffs no good for you man! Hope you’re feeling better now?
interesting did you have issues getting perscibed benzos durring ur taper? i only ask because im trying to get perscribed benzo as well as i continue to taper from methadone(mainly for anxiety/panic attacks tho). im also hoping to get back on adderall as well providing my history of adhd / benzo scripts.

interesting did you have issues getting perscibed benzos durring ur taper? i only ask because im trying to get perscribed benzo as well as i continue to taper from methadone(mainly for anxiety/panic attacks tho). im also hoping to get back on adderall as well providing my history of adhd / benzo scripts.
Don’t tell the medical professionals that you’ve taken unprescribed benzos, otherwise they won’t give you a script for them.

Don’t tell the medical professionals that you’ve taken unprescribed benzos, otherwise they won’t give you a script for them.
thanks man, im hoping that bringing my prescription history and methadone clinic ua record will convince him.. used to be scripted adderall, k-pins, xans, and bupe at once.. crossing fingers

I’ve taken Clonaz 1-2 mg for 3 days. Depression got pretty dark. Anyone have firsthand experience with anxiety and depression caused by Benzos? I’m really afraid right now. Suicidal ideation then panic-attack. Just flipped out verbally on someone.

A panic attack while on Clonazepam? How long after the last dose did you have this episode?
Is it scripted and bought in a pharmacy or did you procure it?
It seems very strange that you could have a panic attack on benzos, being rude is possible though.

No they were ‘illicitly obtained’.

A panic attack while on Clonazepam? How long after the last dose did you have this episode?
Is it scripted and bought in a pharmacy or did you procure it?
It seems very strange that you could have a panic attack on benzos, being rude is possible though.
Panic attack and severe depression 4 hours after dosing 2mg clonazapam. Rebound anxiety? Or the benzo just wearing off too after 4 hours and severe anxiety started up again maybe? Today had panic attack at 4am and dosed 2mg clonaz and anxiety did not come back for the rest of the day and night and so it was very effective this time

Panic attack and severe depression 4 hours after dosing 2mg clonazapam. Rebound anxiety? Or the benzo just wearing off too after 4 hours and severe anxiety started up again maybe? Today had panic attack at 4am and dosed 2mg clonaz and anxiety did not come back for the rest of the day and night and so it was very effective this time
2mg Clonazepam is supposed to be active for more than 4 hours. Do you have a tolerance to benzos?

2mg Clonazepam is supposed to be active for more than 4 hours. Do you have a tolerance to benzos?
I took 2mg every 1.5 months on average. Dosing more often past few days when experiencing panic attacks and unable to breath. Woke up in full panic mode at 4am last night.