Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

First trip on shrooms. My experience.

cybrina

Bluelighter
This is a follow-up post to my last post when I was asking for advice before tripping. It's a somewhat long post, so read the entire thing if you are interested, but I will try to bold everything I think is important.

All I can say is I am glad I did as much research as I did and I want to thank everyone who commented on that post, I really appreciate the help and it brought me to peace before doing it. However I will say that I was probably more scared than I should have been, mainly because you cant easily describe tripping on shrooms to someone who hasn't had a psychedelic experience before, and I know that now. I took a survey posted somewhere on this forum that was about psychedelics, and as I mentioned in my previous post, I have been smoking/consuming weed for a few years. One of the questions listed many psychedelic drugs and asked to rate how psychedelic they are from 1-10, and it interested me greatly that Cannabis was included. I know that doesn't mean that weed is considered a psychedelic, but it got me thinking, because when the trip first started to kick in I felt super high before I realized anything psychedelic happening.

Anyways, there is a lot I have to explain, and the reason why I am making this follow up so late is because I have been thinking about everything that I need to say, so many things happened, and it definitely changed my life for the better. I want to document my experience as thoroughly as possible, because I feel like someone who is a noob like me would benefit a lot if they read this before trying shrooms. However, it seems challenging to me because of how overwhelming the experience was. There is too much to remember.

I'll just start from the beginning though. I did the shrooms later than I wanted to, and I didn't think I was even going to end up doing the trip that night. I knew for sure that I wanted a trip-sitter, because like I previously mentioned, I was pretty scared of what was going to happen. In hindsight, I probably didn't need him, but I am very glad that he was there because we became much closer as friends and it makes me really happy. For context, he wasn't completely sober, he got as fucked up as I did, but he has much more experience than me and I trusted him when he told me he could be a good trip-sitter even if he tripped with me. I guess the main reason I wanted him was because I am diabetic and I would hate for something bad to happen relating to that during my trip. Well, my parents were gone and once I knew he would be coming over after my parents came back and fell asleep I blended up 2g of Penis Envy's for each of us to make tea later that night. Specifically, I think they are "Trans Penis Envy's", a website described different variant's of them and said that this was the name of Penis Envy's with slimmer stems and on google Penis Envy's definitely look much thicker than what I have. Apparently, they are supposed to have a milder effect, which I found strange later because my friend said that this trip was one of the strongest ones that he has had and his biggest dose of shrooms was 7g.

When he got to my house we immediately started preparing the tea. We put the dust into mugs and then put a bag of Honey Vanilla Chamomile tea in each, as well as a squirt of honey, and then we used a Keurig coffee machine with no coffee inside of it to just pour hot water inside of the mugs. We stirred it around and probably steeped it for 5-8 minutes. I have attached an image of what the tea looked like. We got a few things from the kitchen such as water and some snacks because we didn't want to come back upstairs for the entire night until he had to leave. My room is in the basement, and I basically have the whole basement to myself as well. We drank the tea and we started to plan what we would do on our trip. Usually when he sneaks into my house we listen to a lot of music so we planned on listening to 3 new albums, but we actually ended up listening to none.

And that brings me to my first real point to try to describe what shrooms are like, it felt like we were doing nothing for 5 hours and it was fucking awesome. In my brain every little thing felt like a task. Every time I did something, it felt very challenging, and when I completed whatever it was, it felt extremely rewarding and satisfying. When the trip started is where things to get a little bit foggy for me. I remember a lot of things but definitely not in the correct order.

About 20 or 30 minutes after we started tripping my friend asked for another gram, and I told him why not so I just let him eat it. And then both me and him took edibles, I am a lightweight when it comes to weed so I only ate half of one and he ate one and a half. They are 50mg eddies and they really fuck me up for some reason. I was high for 2 days straight the first time I ate one. I was at a concert and I was so unbothered that I was just in the middle of the mosh-pit being thrown around without a care in the world, lol.

The visuals are definitely something that I don't think anyone can be ready for during their first time. And I know that I'll never experience that first sudden holy shit moment ever again in my life. I'm not sure about other psychedelics, but I noticed that my visuals were incredibly geometrical. Everything was a pattern, I kept seeing circles and triangles inside of each other and perfectly bent curves going back into each other and all of these shapes and colors expanding into wheels spinning inside and outside of each other. Me and my friend fucking loved these visuals. A major highlight of the trip was going into my bathroom in the dark and just standing there. I really don't know how to describe that experience, but its one of the craziest things I have ever felt in my life. I seriously felt connected to the world, like I was sneaking around the mechanics inside of whatever it is that controls the forces of the world. Standing in the dark is something I greatly recommend, it might seem scary, and it might be if you're having a bad trip, but otherwise its an amazing experience. When we were in the dark my friend hit his vape and there was a tiny light coming out of it, which put like a backlight on the introcit visual geometrical shape I was seeing and it was awesome

We had a lot of fun playing with lights in the dark, we had a laser pointer which made so many things super interesting. But even better than that was this candle I had. It was on for the majority of the time, and it is strawberry scented, and the shrooms made it super strong. But the candle on the floor of my basement living room was so fucking cool.

The most powerful experience of the trip was sitting in my hot tub outside at around like 3-4am. I wasn't out for long because my friend had to leave soon, but I was in there for a good 10 minutes. I was listening to the song Woods by Mac Miller when the most insane visual happened, the stars really do things to your eyes on shrooms. It was a genuine soul touching experience for me and I felt so connected to the world and this combined with the dark bathroom definitely changed my perception of the world. I don't know how to describe how my perception has changed, but I feel like my mind was in a way upgraded from before. I can also say that I know what real euphoria feels like.

If you have any questions for me ill answer all of them. I really wish I could include more details in the original post but like I mentioned earlier, there's just too much for me to remember.

Last edited:
So you made tea with 2 grams and then split it, so is it safe to say that you consumed a gram of penis envys?

From my experience from mushrooms all I can really remember was falling flat on my ass over and over again and laughing my ass off. Then I had to vomit a few times and then waiting for it to ware off then I went to listen to some music. FYI watching black hole sun by sound garden just blew my mind when I was on shrooms. What's interesting about getting shrooms off the street is that there crunchy and not soft. It makes me wonder how they dry them out.

From my experience from mushrooms all I can really remember was falling flat on my ass over and over again and laughing my ass off. Then I had to vomit a few times and then waiting for it to ware off then I went to listen to some music. FYI watching black hole sun by sound garden just blew my mind when I was on shrooms. What's interesting about getting shrooms off the street is that there crunchy and not soft. It makes me wonder how they dry them out.

you put them in a dehydrator - otherwise, they would go bad in a few days

Yeah Penis Envy's are definitely the way to go if you want the visuals like you had. Golden Teachers for me are more of a mindfuck and body high. But the first time I did shrooms I'm pretty sure it was penis envy because I ate half an eighth and I tripped really hard, had full blown visuals like seeing colors, patterns, shapes, shadows geometric designs on the walls, the floor in the bathroom was rippling and everything I thought about I was able to see vividly in my minds eye. The body high was very intense and my perception of time was all fucked up.

But when I had Golden Teachers the trip was different, strong body, mental, and emotional trip with much less visuals

I'm surprised how well some people can remember their trips, I feel like I can only give a general overview of my trips, I find it hard to go deep into the details of it