Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First timer

CuriousBat

Greenlighter
Hey,
A guy I have dated for a short time enjoys tripping on acid tabs. He has asked me several times if I would try LSD with him, he says I am the only chick he'd try it with. I have always wanted to try it, but I have previously thought of my first time being with my close friends. I've only taken 2 grams once before of shrooms and it was a bit too strong for me (my experienced friends claim the shrooms we got were not the best quality). I guess I'm sensitive to psychedelics. I'm not too sure if the tripping tolerance with shrooms matches up with LSD. I was thinking of taking half a tab, maybe even less if I try it with him for my first time. He thinks it would be a really cool experience to trip with me, since he's never tried acid with a girl before.

Point is...should I wait for when my close friends want to try it too? What would it be like tripping with a new guy in my life? For my first time trying it, if I'm sensitive to shrooms, should I work with half a tab? I want to experiment but I don't like to lose too much control either

Honestly, I feel that if you're unsure about it enough that you seek our advice, perhaps it isn't the right time. In my opinion, feeling safe and comfortable while tripping is paramount, second only to ensuring you are actually safe. If you're not quite sure about doing it in whatever setting - be it the environment or person(s) you're doing it with - you may find these uncertainties will find their way into your mind and potentially change the direction of the experience. Remember set and setting - this question would be something to think about regarding both :)

I agree with trozzle. If you don't consider the guy you're dating to be a "close friend" yet, then give it a little more time. Tripping is more fun with people you know well than with those you don't know so well. If/when you do decide the time is right, starting with a half dose is a very good idea.

As above!
Safety is the most important thing, and tripping under pressure doesn't sound like a good time - especially if that's coming from the person you're dating. Have you been around him when he's tripping? Do you think you'd feel safe and cared for when you're both in that state?

In any case, you should only trip if and when you decide to - even if that means waiting several years.

Yes to all the above.
feeling comfortable is most definitely paramount.

If you really want to check LSD out I would recommend getting a ten strip of whatever LSD you can find and then start with like you said 1/4-1/2 tab and see how that treats you. then the next time you dose, at least a week later keep upping it until you're where you want to be. That way you are dosing with a known quantity each time and can more accurately judge it...that's why the ten strip so you aren't working with an unknown every time.
By the time you've run through your 10 strip you'll be more at ease when you get some new acid.