View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Timer Questions About San Pedro Cacti

Transgender Panda

Bluelighter
Okay, so I pose a couple of questions to those whom have had extensive Mescaline experience and even more so with those dealing with San Pedro Cacti. If you would be so kind as to point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.

Firstly, I have a lot of flight time with Psychedelics and Disassociatives, yet none at all with Mescaline. It is just a gap in my resume so to speak. I am used to heroic dosages at the individual level with no guide but I am a bit wary of doing mescaline by myself the first time. Any thoughts on this?

Second, there is 3 feet of this San Pedro at play. How much approx. is the effective dosage for a +++(+) experience?

Lastly, any descriptions on the effects of the mescaline trip that I need be made aware of?

I am definatly not going into this blind and I understand the majority of what I am working with, but a bit of insight never hurts :)

Bonus question: Any good Extraction TEKS?

Thank you everyone.<3

Mainly just how different is it compared to Psilocybin, or LSD? If it is not even in the same ballpark of experience then I might want to get my feet wet otherwise I am going to aim for hyperspace haha.

Some people find it quite psychedelic, trippy, visual, and distorting... but for me personally mescaline is mostly visionary, empathogenic, entactogenic and a therapeutic agent, an ally like MDMA can be. I don't have extremely extensive experience with it but it seemed typical for me to lay on a couch having not "visuals" but an extremely strong CEV-style vision (well it was more like I saw it in my mind's eye) involving a lot of spirituality and realizations... but moments later I can be walking around and there are no overt OEVs and I am not really spaced out of my mind.
It is a very purifying experience and it really makes me feel truly real, alive and pure - like being in my native natural state of being. Very peaceful, and wonderful. Also very worthwhile, I'd rate that higher than just a crazy psychedelic trip.

Weirdly it is at LEAST as spiritual / visionary as mushrooms, but it is less mindfucky, less weird about it than LSD even. If you are really dissatisfied, maybe cannabis or nitrous could be of help, but it might also muddle the pure feeling. Ketamine also seems like an awesome plan but definitely more unreal. A shame to do too early probably.

Also cactus may contain other alkaloids that seem to enhance the experience compared to synthetic mescaline, it sounds more trippy.

I have a sort of okay stash of a number of doses meant to last me a lifetime or a part of it. I'm gonna hold on to it tightly: It is special to me and I wouldn't do it casually. Also: not that good availability, and that's an understatement.

Thank you for providing insight. That sounds to be exactly what I am looking for at the moment. I am hoping for mental clarity yet raw experience which is something I generally only find with Auyausca. It sounds to me like Mescaline might just do the trick. I am generally not solely looking for visuals so much as I am the mystical like trance experiences. So hopefully this goes as plan and I have a good trip report in a couple of days.

Okay so when making San Pedro tea. Is it okay to a have light bubbling boil? it hit that point one time and now I am scared I fucked it up :(. It was just like some plopping bubbles centralized around the middle. I am wondering how sensitive mescaline is.

Mescaline is about as far away as you can get from ayahuasca. Very gentle and beautiful but not as heavily psychedelic as acid/mushrooms/oral DMT.

I wouldn't bubble boil it - just simmer gently.

Have you tried drinking it yet? Don't spend 3 hours preparing it and then find after 10 seconds that it's so vile you can't drink it.

Mescaline is about as far away as you can get from ayahuasca. Very gentle and beautiful but not as heavily psychedelic as acid/mushrooms/oral DMT.

I wouldn't bubble boil it - just simmer gently.

Have you tried drinking it yet? Don't spend 3 hours preparing it and then find after 10 seconds that it's so vile you can't drink it.

Yeah I tasted it, I can handle it I ended up with about 20fl oz of drink for tomorrow. I used a very very thick 13 inch cutting, cut it into small pieces,blended it, cooked at never more than the "4" setting on the burner, bubbled very lightly (I guess that is a simmer), then I strained in an old T shirt rag I have, then simmered the left over water down to 20 fl oz. All In all it took about 5 hours. I just hope I did it right.

I can handle the taste just can't handle the disappointment lol.

Also: I put some limes in the tea when it was simmering to bring out the alkaloids.

Last edited: