• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

First Timer - Help Diagnosing

msx-tr

Greenlighter
Greetings! I grabbed a gram of molly today (crushed crystals, from a decent source), and partook for the first time (home alone with an evil cell texting every girl, ever). I ran into a few 'issues', though.

For starters, I was terrified of the hangovers everyone talks about (very physically demanding job, 7am Monday) and saw that 5-htp helps with that. Thus, I picked up some L-5-HTP and took one probably only half an hour before first dose of ~125mg (in a small shot of OJ, I'm 25, in-shape, 6'3, and ~160-165 pounds). About 45 mins in, I wasn't feeling too much, and took another 40-60mg.

Shortly afterwords, euphoria kicked in, but that was the extent of the sensation experience throughout. Also note, I did throw-up probably an hour and a half after redose (terribly prepared, big greasy burgers and chips for lunch 8)).

This high seemed extremely short, but I'm using it as a learning experience. What's most to blame for the limited high? At this point, feeling almost no effects (aside from plenty of energy) at 3.5-4 hours in, is a re-dose as terrible an idea as I've mostly read?

Thanks for any tips, folks! Rave on :]

Last edited:
Some users report that taking 5htp before rolling will kill the roll. You shouldn't take 5htp within 12 hours of rolling. Some people pre load with 5htp to roll harder, mixed reports though. Most people take it to help with the come down. Some throw up on the come up. I have never heard of anyone actually puking midst rolling.
And yes avoid redosing more than once and about an hour in. After that, you get the speedy effects and not more of the loved up euphoria.

My advice is to get a test kit! It sounds like you probably got something other than MDMA . Also check pill reports if you ever get pressed pills!

PLUR

^ Though some users report taking 5-HTP increases the roll so not sure which of the two it is.

Anyways my guess is you didn't get real MDMA :) you ingested more than 150mg, trust me for your first time you would feel A LOT more than just some mild and short euphoria if that was the real deal, you would have experienced one of the most amazing nights of your life. Buy a testkit man, your dealer probably (99% sure) ripped you off so there's no knowing what chemical you have there. You say he is a decent source? Well learn this quickly: do not trust ANYONE when it comes to drugs, not your best mates and certainly not a dealer. Not even your own eyes without a testkit. ALWAYS verify with a testkit, it's your own safety that hangs in the balance. Ideally bring your testkit to your dealer and test before you buy, if he is legit he will not mind at all, on the contrary because of this he can tell his customers it was tested and verified stuff (not that this means anything coming from a dealer but hey)

The puking is not normal either. Some people feel a bit nauseous on the come-up, but puking midway during a roll is very very unlikely with real MDMA. There are lots of adulterants that are known to cause puking though (PMA being one of them). You need a testkit

Oh and by the way, bad comedowns are usually because the person broke the 'rules' in some way. They will usually not happen if you watch your dosage, take long enough breaks, drink enough, have pure tested MDMA without cuts. On the contrary if you stick to the rules you will usually have a very pleasant afterglow in the days following your roll

Last edited:
I will definitely get a test kit for next time, but I really feel like it was the HTP that killed it for me. I still had a blast, just didn't quite meet my expectations. But, now I know better for next time.

Also, thinking back now the vomiting was pretty early on in the come-up. Not a bad comedown at all day 1, just feel a bit unmotivated. Thanks for the replies! :)

I'm guessing by the brevity of the experience and the dosage is that it was NOT MDMA. But we'll never know bc it wasn't tested but you'll know to test next time. Cheers and stay PLUR

Edit: 5-htp won't kill your roll. If anything it'll make it more dangerous for something like SS (debated though)