View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First timer, DXM

purpleshift

Greenlighter
Looking to try DXM for the first time tonight. I have read FAQs and understand the correct dose for plateau one. My only question concerns the ingredients of this non-branded cough syrup I have. Is this a safe combination, are there any unsafe active ingredients listed? I will type them as they are presented on the back:

Dextromethorphan Ph.Eur. 7.5mg, Squill B.P. 20mg, ethanol, Chloroform, B.P. (0.5% v/v), Anise Oil B.P., Peppermint Oil B.P., Menthol B. P., Camphor B. P., Honey Glycerol B. P., Liquorice Liquid Extract B.P.

Thanks for any, and all help.

Woah ethanol and chloroform, sounds like a party lol.

I don't know, I don't specifically see another active ingredient but that sounds like a lot of extra crap with ur dxm. You can get actual dxm gel caps with only just dxm, I forget the brand but check ur pharmacy.

I'd wait for someone else's response on those ingredients, they may be safe but still nauseating in high doses which will ruin the experience.

Yep like pbuilder said definetly sounds like a party ethanol is alcohol and chloroform is a date rape drug I really recommend you exchange that for pure dxm it's great stuff and FYI I would recommend taking it in the morning since first of all it takes about 1-2 hours to kick in and second it lasts along time like 5-6 hours depending on how much you took I often take some robitussin in the morning and trip the rest of the day it's epic but at the same time weird since when I get off it I usually realize I did some thing really stupid and get pissed at myself so anyway yeah try out pure dxm and if you still decide to use that don't take huge dose's because no solid promise you won't die

-Streetcow

Woah ethanol and chloroform, sounds like a party lol.

I don't know, I don't specifically see another active ingredient but that sounds like a lot of extra crap with ur dxm. You can get actual dxm gel caps with only just dxm, I forget the brand but check ur pharmacy.

I'd wait for someone else's response on those ingredients, they may be safe but still nauseating in high doses which will ruin the experience.

Thanks for the reply. At 150mg in the whole bottle, my dose is pretty low, so I'm hopeful those other ingredients won't be too nauseating. I was most worried about the chloroform.

Yep like pbuilder said definetly sounds like a party ethanol is alcohol and chloroform is a date rape drug I really recommend you exchange that for pure dxm it's great stuff and FYI I would recommend taking it in the morning since first of all it takes about 1-2 hours to kick in and second it lasts along time like 5-6 hours depending on how much you took I often take some robitussin in the morning and trip the rest of the day it's epic but at the same time weird since when I get off it I usually realize I did some thing really stupid and get pissed at myself so anyway yeah try out pure dxm and if you still decide to use that don't take huge dose's because no solid promise you won't die

-Streetcow

Thanks for your reply. I had planned to drink the 100ml bottle, for a light dose of 150mg. But I'm going to leave it because of the chloroform.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I had planned to drink the 100ml bottle, for a light dose of 150mg. But I'm going to leave it because of the chloroform.

Honestly, I'm assuming it's only trace amounts of those solvents, you will probably be fine, but don't take my advice as medical!