• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time Zolpidem dose?

Memantine

Bluelighter
I can take up to 80mg Temazepam or 3.5mg alprazolam with no problem.

How much Zolpidem should I take the first time to get a good effect?

10-20 mgs. You may experience some cross tolerance, but if you've never taken ambien you may want to get a feel before you just up and swallow a mouth full. It provides similar action but lacks the structure of a benzodiazepine. The Z drugs are strange, but interesting nonetheless. I can't say I don't miss my ambien script some days.

I agree with cosmic g. Just be careful about redosing. It's incredibly easy to black out and eat your entire bottle. Normally it takes a lot of ambien to OD, but if your also taking temazepam or alprazolam, that might be another story.

I used to have a doc that prescribed me alprazolam and ambien for years. I would combine them often in high doses, but I don't recommend it. Blackouts are likely to occur and as Slow Mobius mentioned, the Zolpidem redosing phenomenon is real.

I cant tell you how many times ive taken one or two ambien only to wakeup the next day The bottle gone and a huge mess. 1 or 2 my friends a real want to be touch guy he took like 8 cuz he aint no pussuh i got big muscles and i fight people i got this. He didnt got this and saw a huge spider on the wall and pissed himself

Wow I took 20mg rectally. 10 minutes later I was pretty intoxicated. I was watching movies on YouTube and it felt as if I was in those movies. Very trippy.

Then I went to bed and I was talking with multiple random people that weren't even in the room. My thoughts were really distorted.

What will happen if I double the dose and combine it with a high dose of methylphenidate (40-50mg)? Do I risk psychosis?

I really wouldn't exceed 20mg for your first time. Zolpidem (Ambien, Stillnoct) is definitely not interchangeable with Benzodiazepines. They're so effective for insomnia because they easily render people unconscious, sometimes withing 15 minutes of swallowing the pill. For this reason, they really don't make for good drugs of abuse. All of the negative qualities of Benzodiazepines are amplified in the Z-Drugs. The potential for serious blackout is much more present with these drugs.

You can say and do anything while under the black out, so you really need to be responsible about it. People get behind the wheel of cars literally all the time on drugs like Zolpidem. They're abuse in general is worrisome to me, but what can you do.

Hide the bottle or give it to someon else after you take your dose. I'm totally serious.

Yes i cant tell you how much issues id of saved myself if i gave someone the bottle. I swear id wakeup the next day windering whered the bottle go and all i remember is taking like 2

Taking it with methylphenidate sounds like a horrible idea. You might just do even more stupid shit that you'll never remember. I would stick with 20 mg or less, and keep in mind that tolerance builds extremely rapidly.

Honestly if i had a bottle id take them and flush them because they have impaired my decision making at theraputuc doses in a way that i do not feel comfortable. Its like why i dont drink i feel like i loose the ability to consider the consequences of my actions. Trust me nothing is worse then having thhe consequences of something you dont recall doing.