• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

first time xanax use

dank-lord

Greenlighter
Hey guys, a friend gave me a bar of xanax (white) today because he knew I was interested in trying it just for the experience, I was wondering if you could give me a brief overview of the drug, what to be aware of, what it does, how ill feel, and how much i should take. Currently I was planning on taking half the bar, is that a good amount? Thanks for your time guys!

Be careful. Xanax is actually a pretty strong medication, and some people (like myself) are pretty sensitive to it. Half of a 2 mg bar would be 1 mg, and 1 mg of Xanax, while it won't make me completely "black out", has in the past reduced my memories of a previous day to "snapshots", and there are parts of the day I have only very hazy recollections of. For me personally 0.5 mg is probably my sweet spot. I don't really like Xanax, though, and really I only find it useful for 1) extremely stressful situations, or 2) coming down from hard stimulants or psychedelic hallucinogens.

It's not really a drug that you get an enjoyable "high" from IMO. It subdues, rather than enhances (in the manner of "euphoric drugs"), the sensory information you receive from the outside world. It turns me into an emotionless, uncaring zombie who is unable to feel either happiness or sadness :\ I've never really gotten why it's so popular to combine with other drugs honestly...I'll only combine it with other drugs if I want to attempt to terminate or at least subdue the feeling of whatever drug I'm combining it with.

I would probably take 1/4 first. Benzos are safe generally but without knowing you, there is no way to predict some idiopathic response. Hell, you might not like it, then what?

In these doses, even half of it, expect any anxiety to go away and feel a bit relaxed. Dont mix with alcohol, opiates, or other "downers". In higher doses expect to black out.

Be safe. We all start with one something. Benzo addiction is no fun and withdrawal from them can kill.

Be careful. Xanax is actually a pretty strong medication, and some people (like myself) are pretty sensitive to it. Half of a 2 mg bar would be 1 mg, and 1 mg of Xanax, while it won't make me completely "black out", has in the past reduced my memories of a previous day to "snapshots", and there are parts of the day I have only very hazy recollections of. For me personally 0.5 mg is probably my sweet spot. I don't really like Xanax, though, and really I only find it useful for 1) extremely stressful situations, or 2) coming down from hard stimulants or psychedelic hallucinogens.

It's not really a drug that you get an enjoyable "high" from IMO. It subdues, rather than enhances (in the manner of "euphoric drugs"), the sensory information you receive from the outside world. It turns me into an emotionless, uncaring zombie who is unable to feel either happiness or sadness :\ I've never really gotten why it's so popular to combine with other drugs honestly...I'll only combine it with other drugs if I want to attempt to terminate or at least subdue the feeling of whatever drug I'm combining it with.

interesting, thanks for your information but im curious and have it so I still want to try it. But to clarify, i should take .5mg? That will definitely make me feel the effects?

thanks for your responses both of you, Ill take 1/4th of it and see how I feel in about an hour