• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

First time with edibles

tritonenneptunus

Bluelighter
Seeing as this is a Harm Reduction forum I was going to ask a few things because I am going to try edibles soon and I am super nervous about it because I've never done it before. I am getting a 300mg cookie and a 100mg sucker. Should I start out with the sucker before I go for the cookie? & since I have never tried edibles before, when it comes to the cookie how much should I break off seeing as it's such a large dose of THC?

All advice is greatly appreciated.

100mg is a lot for a first time unless your tolerance is high. Everyone reacts slightly different to edibles as well so it's always best to start low and go from there.

A single serving is considered to be 10mg in Colorado, and edible products are made for that use so that you may increment your dosage by 10mg.

With that in mind, if the sucker and the cookie are not already sectioned off by the serving then it would help you to do so by breaking it in half as many times as necessary.

It typically takes 1-2 hours for edibles to kick in, sometimes longer so be patient.

edibles can be extremely powerful so don't take ''too much''. i got "too high" when i ate a brownie once , i dont recall how many MGs it was but it was not enjoyable... have fun!

Thanks guys, I think I'll follow y'alls advice most definitely. You're supposed to eat before eating the edible, correct? & can you re-dose if you aren't high enough? I'm not going to eat the whole sucker, the thing with the sucker, I'll just take a few licks and put it up. If I can re-dose then I'll just repeat only for a shorter time. As for the cookie, I really liked the idea of breaking it into as small a pieces as I can. That might help. I was afraid to just take a bite out of it lol.

Thanks guys, I think I'll follow y'alls advice most definitely. You're supposed to eat before eating the edible, correct? & can you re-dose if you aren't high enough? I'm not going to eat the whole sucker, the thing with the sucker, I'll just take a few licks and put it up. If I can re-dose then I'll just repeat only for a shorter time. As for the cookie, I really liked the idea of breaking it into as small a pieces as I can. That might help. I was afraid to just take a bite out of it lol.

No, don't eat anything. You should take it on an empty stomach or it simply won't work. Don't eat anything for at least three hours, and don't drink too much either. And if you get hungry or thirsty, wait for the effects to kick in before eating or drinking a lot. Drinking isn't as bad as eating, but too much liquid in the stomach slows the absorbtion of cannabinoïds into the bloodstream.

100mg is nothing to someone with a tolerance.

Start slow though, a strong edible can be a nightmare.

Id start your experiment with the cookie, it will be easier to judge your dosage. I'm extra cautious with edibles so I'd probable divide it into quarters and hide the rest so stone me doesn't get carried away and accidentally demolish the whole lot. At worst you under dose, then next time you simply have the remaining cookie.

As Wolfgang mention it can take a loooong time to kick in so be patient your first time. Once in Amsterdam I ate a brownie at 5pm, felt nothing then woke up around midnight when my wife complained she couldn't sleep. Biggest rookie mistake is 1-2 hours in thinking it is bunk and deciding to eat the whole lot just before all hell breaks loose.

The high is completely different to smoking. It can be totally mongy body high right through to almost LSD like hallucinations at super high doses.

Start extremely low if you rarely smoke, or have a low tolerance.

Or if you want to get extremely stoned take the 100mg when you have a night to yourself and do not have to do anything or go anywhere. You will get super stoned, and it is not like smoking a lot of herb, and yes it is psychedelic like being on a low dose of acid, or mushrooms but with an almost sedating body high.

Last edited: