View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time with DMT questions

regularowen

Greenlighter
So with the help of a onion ive gotten my hands on some DMT so i have a few questions.

1) ive only done psychedelics once and that was dropping acid. but i have been smoking spice lately and taking massive doses of dxm so what should i do to prepare myself for the DMT trip.

2)Im planning on smoking it off foil so will i be able to smoke all the DMT off the foil before i trip.

3)is music important to have playing when doing DMT cause i was planning on putting on a playlist of flying lotus before i smoke it.

I haven't tried it, but I can't see smoking it from a foil work very well. the amount of crystal for a proper DMT dose is pretty high (if you compare it to cannabinoids for example) and you have to get it in your system as quickly as possible. maybe look into smoking devices like "the machine", check out the dmt nexus, if you haven't already, there you find lots of information on comsumption and everything else.
I personally used it sandwiched between two layers of a non psychoactive smoking blend, I lit it very slowly so that the DMT layer would start to melt and vaporize by the heat generated by smoking the top layer.

as for preparing, I cannot really help you that much, because I only smoked 3 low doses recently and after the third time, I came to two conclusions: 1) DMT is not a drug for low doses (YMMV though, so I'd recommend starting sub breakthrough anyway); 2) I'm not ready to go in deep, so I'll give it a rest for now, and will start experimenting with low dose mushrooms again (haven't taken any psychedelic in over three years prior to the first DMT had, due to mental health problems).

if music is fine or not depends on only on you really. when I smoked DMT, even with these low doses, music sounded pretty weird, in general, psychedelics give me not nearly as much music appreciation as other people get from them, for me cannabis was always the nonplusultra for listening to music. if you feel like having music, just turn it on :)

don't smoke it off foil. Heating foil can make it smoke, and aluminum is a neurotoxin which you don't want in your lungs. just get a pyrex test tube (cheap online), heat the bottom, and roll up a tube of paper and suck the smoke off the top.

If you have to smoke it through a bong sandwiched between 2 layers of shredded weed. If you smoking a lot( which I don't suggest first time, I did 50mg first time and freaked out) get 2 bowls and get a friend the change them over when they are cleared.
I tried 30-30 different psychedelics before I got to DMT. Now I've done it maybe 15 times and it still scares me so much. I'm not sure it's a good second psych but I don't think anyone is ever ready for it. It's just so far beyond anything in this would. I guess that makes sense coz it's completely other worldly. It's tough to explain.

May I suggest you do 20mg to begin with. And a method pipe works best but also look up "The Machine" they are apparently the best way to get the most out of your DMT.

Safe travels my friend! :)