• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Time Using San Pedro/Things I Should Know?

Disocio0

Bluelighter
I have four 12 inch cuttings of San Pedro cactus that I plan on eating. I am experienced with most psychedelic drugs aside from mescaline this will be my first time. I have an iron stomach so I'm thinking about making a smoothie and ingesting it. Has anyone tried this? How much of my cacti should I prepare for just myself? Are there any drugs or supplements that will intensify the trip? Tell me your experiences.

I think all bets are off until you actually taste it. Drinking cactus snot is akin to medieval torture. You can talk about "adding orange juice" and stuff but nothing really works. It's like putting ketchup on a dog turd - would that really make it any tastier? And you will need a cast iron stomach because cactus can cause some serious, long-lasting nausea.

Good luck.

I'm lucky enough to have synthetic mescaline so have never taken actual cactus, but from what I've heard it's absolutely revolting. Your best bet really would be to grind it in a coffee grinder and put it into capsules, you'll probably need to take absolutely tonnes but I'm sure it'll be better than drinking it. If you can be arsed, doing an extraction would be easier, there's methods online.

its the worst taste. I personally cannot tolerate tea anymore especially at the amount I take now.
I boil the cactus 3 times for 3 hour, then toss the cactus. I reduce the tea until its tar like. then roll the tar with flour and make small balls with it the size small enough to be able to swallow. I then swallow those little tar-flour balls.
no taste :)

That sounds like a great method. I haven't heard of the flour tar ball method. I would like to dry the entire cactus is on the point where I can grind it into powder then put it in capsules. I don't have access to a dehydrator though.I figure it could take a long time to dry it all to that point. Anyone done this?

I reckon a several hours in the oven at 50 degrees could do it, I don't know what temperature mescaline is destroyed though

Some people complain a lot about the taste of cactus tea, but it's really not THAT bad (it comes out as a liquid, not a "snot")

I've drank the tea in traditional ceremonies and it was no big deal, but it's easy as pie if you can drink it where you have a chaser of some soda right next to you. Like a lot of psychs, mescaline can give you some nausea, but it'll pass quickly once you vomit.

So I say man up, make some tea, and be an Indigenous Warrior

It will taste horrible.

Check out erowid for preparation methods and others reports on it.

"Traditional ceremonies"? Tell us more.
If you're curious about South American San Pedro ceremonies, I suggest you read a book or search online. If the OP or anyone else has any specific questions about my time in SA, they can PM me.

That sounds like a great method. I haven't heard of the flour tar ball method. I would like to dry the entire cactus is on the point where I can grind it into powder then put it in capsules. I don't have access to a dehydrator though.I figure it could take a long time to dry it all to that point. Anyone done this?

hi
the problem is that I dont know your source, but if you use a whole cactus, you would need to injest way too much to have a good dose. thats why everyone makes at least tea, by boiling the cactus long time so all the alkaloid gets extracted and you can then toss the cactus. the taste is for me, and everyone I know, very bad because I like to take high dosage of it and so even tea wasnt gonna make it anymore. It provoke for me vomit reflex and its hard to take the whole dosage.
by the tar in flour balls, no more taste, works perfectly, as potent, and no taste! a true blessing as I love mescaline.
expect two hour of nausea, but it will pass and then kaboom

Also, I think ingesting raw cactus powder would be pretty hard on your digestive tract, because it will absorb any fluids it comes in contact with (that's what cactuses do, after all) and expand greatly in size.

Also, I think ingesting raw cactus powder would be pretty hard on your digestive tract, because it will absorb any fluids it comes in contact with (that's what cactuses do, after all) and expand greatly in size.

If you've ever dropped raw cactus into water you'll see how it bloats to 4 or 5 times it's volume - imagine that happening in your gut and you've some idea of the horrendous nausea.

Yeah I think the best options are to do an extraction, make a tea (I guess that's a kind of extraction), or just eat it raw straight up. Powder in capsules sounds like a terrible idea for the reasons mentioned above.

I've only ever eaten it straight and it's a daunting challenge to get it in, but all part of the experience. I find zero nausea once I've actually gotten it into my belly, it's just the eating part that's tricky, it takes serious mental control and willpower to get it down.

I don't think there's anything worth taking to intensify it, just take it on it's own so you can get to know its character. Mescaline is sort of the furthest thing from an "intense" experience. It's a very gentle, magical and immersive psychedelic full of warmth and glow.

I'm very excited to try it. I bought four 12 inch cuttings from Home Depot. I don't see why their San Pedro would be any different. Has anyone used cacti bought from a store?