• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First Time Taking Suboxone. How long till doing Heroine.

Uedo

Greenlighter
Hey guys and girls, this is my first time on this website and I just created a new account so I apologize if I posted in the wrong section. In addition, Im sure this question has been asked many times, but I haven't seen any similar threads related to my exact situation.

So me and my girlfriend had decided that we were going to try and quit so we took a half a strip of a sub each at 5AM in the middle of the morning on Wednesday(first time taking a sub, no tolerance) because we were withdrawing. My girlfriend changed her mind and wanted to postpone quitting and wanted to get high before she flies out of the country for personal business. Basically I was wondering how long I would have to wait until I could IV heroine and feel the effects and an actual rush like I usually do. Btw/IE I IVd some heroine around 2PM(10 hours after sub intake) and I barely felt it but not even close to a rush and I'm not withdrawing whatsoever right now and it is 8:32PM(same day Wednesday) and my girlfriend just IV'd some heroine at 8PM(16hrs after sub intake same day Wednesday) because she was starting to withdraw and she said she felt it a decent bit but not the full rush and she didn't nod out like she usually does. Also, I haven't bothered doing any H since 2pm because I do not want to waste any, but I'm really fixing to try in about an hour.

I really appreciate all suggestions and posts, thank you very much in advance.

Last edited:
id give it about a day man, but everybody;s different so it could take longer
how many mg's did you take each?

We took half a whole strip of a sub. I think a sub is 8mg so I guess 4 mg each.

oh okay yeah id probably give it another 24 hours lahhhh, also watch out for precipitated withdrawals they fuckin suck

Haha damn I'm so blown. Regret taking that sub so badly. I appreciate the feedback, thank you. All other feedback is still appreciated.

Last edited:
You won't go into precipitated withdrawal from doing the heroin whIle on subs, only if it was the other way around. After 24-36 hours depending on your body, from the time you took the sub, you should be good to go.

Yup, I'm not worried about precipitated withdrawals. I actually did a large amount(more than normal) of dope and I felt a decent rush. Not as close of a rush as I should be getting but I feel good. I think I'm going to wait until 20-24 hours from my sub intake to do more in hopes to get 100% of the effects. I really hope the fact that this is the first time I did a sub and I took half the strip, helps shorten the downtime of when I can 100% feel my dope.

^^You were correct to warn about precipitated withdrawals, as you were responding to the first post. You didn't say anything wrong to "my bad" over, unless I'm misinterpreting your post.

Before they talked about doing heroin, they mentioned taking a sub because of the intent to quit. Given that they said they have no tolerance to subs, when cross tolerance of this family of chemicals occurs, it's clear they aren't too informed on the matter in general. So I thought your warning was all good, if that's what prompted it.

I don't know if you meant it that way and then perhaps got confused as to what Uedo (edit: charlie horse, not uedo) said about the order of things that leads to PW. Assuming you said something wrong...perhaps high ;-) But if their intention is to quit, and they go the sub route again, this is a good warning to heed.

Anyway, OP, cross tolerance occurs with these types of chemicals. You may not have taken a sub ever before, but you've taken other opiates/opioids.

You had said in your initial post you were aiming to quit; your most recent post mentions wanting to get high/planning to get high.

Are you still planning on quitting, hon? And what prompted you to attempt to quit?

Best wishes to you on your journey. Peace.

Last edited:
As I mentioned in my initial post, we took half a sub each to start our journey of quitting our heroine addiction. We have never tried quitting before so we waited a long time since our last dose of dope before taking the sub to avoid percipited withdrawals. Later in the day my girlfriend changed her mind and wanted to be high for the rest of the weekend until she leaves on Sunday so we both really regretted taking the sub to begin with. We do both plan on quitting after this weekend. What prompted our decision to quit is because we both just graduated college and need to get our life together. My girlfriend is going to another country to work in the real world, post graduation. So she needs to get back to living a sober life where she doesn't need to worry about her next high to avoid withdrawls. As for me, I've spent way too much money on heroine and it's catching up to me and sooner or later my parents are going to find out and it would absolutely break their hearts if they did find out. But bottom line, both me and my girlfriend just want to get our life back on track. We want to live a healthy life and be productive and be successful and give back to our parents for supporting us so much. All our parents want is the best for us and they've sacrificed so much and worked so hard for us so we need to live to our fullest potential for ourselves and for our loved ones who just want the best for us. I'm not trying to offend anyone who is opiate dependent. I'm sure there are people who are successful and productive while being addicted, but we aren't. All in all, we both want to better ourselves. We are both stocked up on subs and we have no intentions of getting addicted to subs so I plan on being very careful.

^^You were correct to warn about precipitated withdrawals, as you were responding to the first post. You didn't say anything wrong to "my bad" over, unless I'm misinterpreting your post [...] perhaps high ;-)

8)

aha but yeah thanks man, was a little addled the other night

Uedo, my question is a bit off topic so I hope it's ok. You said your girlfriend is leaving on Sunday. Is she planning on staying sober while she is gone? I ask because I could see no other reason to want to be high all weekend. If she is planning on staying sober what is her plan for combating withdrawals?

Maybe it would be a good idea for her to get stabilized on sub before she leaves.

When it comes to quitting, as we all know, there are always a million reasons on why one should wait. You are going to have to take the dive at some point if you are serious. Sorry for the preaching!

Your girlfriend is going to feel like shit for weeks and not be able to fufill her professional duties if she waits till she gets on a plane to stop heroin