• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time Taking Methadone

mysterman

Greenlighter
I just randomly took 15mg Methadone 6 hours ago and took another 5 mg just before.
first time using

Usually one or two days a week I will take anywhere between 60 and 100mg of OxyContin (snorted) throughout the day and I'm usually high but end up being fine. just can't sleep. I usually redose every couple hours so it does build up a bit.

in the past I have taken upto 80mg of morphone orally or a couple of times Ivd 20mg and have been ok.

will this dose of 20mg of Methadone be ok?
it's a bit late now lol

randomly? pretty reckless man
for a beginner 20mgs isn't excessive - you're not opiate-naive, for someone who is that'd be a lot

you'll be fine but next time man you should ask - playing with fire.
hope you get some sleep.

randomly yeah... well i randomly got offered them so i just randonly accepted.... not something id usually try.

Cheers. I managed to sleep a fraction.. at least I think it was sleep.
It may have been a pretty full on nod coz my dreams were bloody out of it and pretty real feeling.. and it's not often but occasionally taking weaker stuff I will nod... it took me a lot of relaxing to get there.

thanks for the heads up. it actually doesn't feel as intense as I thought.. I was expecting a bit more of a kick to be honest. .. but I took them at 9 pm and it's now 7 am. so 10 hours in lol

tbh I'll think I'll stick to the oxy. now that they have reverted back to the old formula (round tablets as opposed to rectangular / oval ) it seems to do a better job.
(smokable formula. or crushable)

for 2 years they released a version that was oval and full of polymer coated beads and maize starch as a binder.. from the research I did apparently that version was only available in new Zealand as I found no info on it except a couple new zealand pages.

cheers for your reply

thanks for the heads up. it actually doesn't feel as intense as I thought.. I was expecting a bit more of a kick to be honest. .. but I took them at 9 pm and it's now 7 am. so 10 hours in lol

yeah for such a potent opioid 'done is remarkably subtle, perfect for a maintenance drug but can also make it dangerous to the uninformed (i.e.: excessive re-dosing), but i personally quite like it for those qualities.

no problem man, and welcome to bluelight