View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time taking LSD?

Nitrogen.

Greenlighter
Ive been researching psychedelics for a while now, at the moment for a first timer i think going for LSD, as I've read its easier on you than a first time shroom experience.
Okay so, what drugs can be used and sold off as LSD?
What are the basic signs that I've actually taken the real thing?
Is there any after effects, depression, anxiety etc?
Is there a difference between Acid and LSD?
How can i make sure I'm not going to have a bad trip?
What should i expect as i don't really know the dosage?
Can i experience little to no visuals ?

I don't know if i should take it alone or with someone, overall i prefer taking drugs alone, its easier to focus on yourself and enjoy it more, personally for me i feel like I'm more likely to freak out with someone, but I'm still not sure if i should get a sitter, my friends aren't really that experienced with psychedelics so is there any point.

Aiiiiight I'll answer these one by one.

1.) The most common drugs that are sold as LSD are DOx chems (DOB, DOC, DOI) and 25x-NBOMe (25i-NBOMe, 25c-NBOMe). Some of the DOx chems can last a very long time such as DOB which can have a duration of 24 hours. NBOMe generally last about 6-8 hours and produce very strong visuals and as well have a steep dose response curve (doubling your dosage may quadruple the intensity of the effects).

2.) The main sign is that the blotter should be tasteless or practically tasteless. Sometimes the ink used for the print may have a slight metallic taste but nothing too strong. I'm not sure what DOx chems taste like having never done them myself, but NBOMe are very bitter and as well numb your tongue. A good rule if you don't mind doing NBOMe is to only take half a tab and if it's tasteless you can take the other half. If it's bitter and numbs your tongue I would stick with half a tab at first. Some NBOMe tabs are dosed RIDICULOUSLY strong.

3.) Some people note depression and anxiety on the comedown or even during, the anxiety can include twitchiness and this can be made a lot worse if you really want to sleep but are unable to. Some people report the opposite, some report a few days of a very positive uplifting afterglow. For me personally I kinda get a little anxiety on the comedown but this is usually from lack of sleep and is gone the next day. It's all subjective.

4.) Nope they are the same thing

5.) You can't, but there are steps you can take to help prevent them. First of all don't worry that one is going to happen. Second, always trip with a friend or have a trip sitter for your first time. The LSD experience is quite long and that long alone with your thoughts can be troubling for some. Also have plenty of things to keep yourself busy like a movie or art or playing or listening to music. Try to find things that will complement the psychedelic experience. I've only had one bad trip in my whole history of psychedelic use (6 years) and it was my very first trip because I made the mistake of doing it alone. Bad trips are rare but never underestimate how grounding it can be to have someone else there with you to talk shit out with.

6.) Depends, some blotter are dosed so low you need 3-4 for a real strong experience, some you can get that off of one (this is rare however). Take one tab and see how you feel, you can always take more but can never take less.

7.) Yes if your dosage is too low you may experience a body high with very little visuals. Some people find this enjoyable, I find it annoying because I know I won't be able to sleep for 10 hours and didn't get a strong experience.