View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time shrooms trip question.

Decima5

Greenlighter
I'm about to try shrooms with 3 other friends at 3.5g. My reasoning for taking shrooms is not necessarily the same as my friends. I'm taking shrooms because I am wanting the self realization and therapeutic trip experience to become a better person overall and to see if I am going on the right path in my life, and I also just want to see some cool shit (First time doing any psychedelic). And this leads me to my question.

Should I trip alone upstairs in my bedroom? Or should I trip along with my friends?

I'm afraid my friends company may disrupt my purposed trip. Not sure exactly what to do in this situation.

Trip alone upstairs. Just make sure you can call them if you need or want them. Happy tripping :)

For your first trip it will be better to be with friends. More generally, if you want the kind of trip you describe, you need to let go of your expectations.

Yeah I would recommend you spend the time with your friends and generally have a good time. Once you get what 3.5 grams is about - and it's about a whole lot of things, then you can venture into the alone realm of self discovery.

Also during the trip of 7-8 hours you will have an opportunity to disengage your friends to explore. So consider that as well. Moderate to High dose trips alone are very powerful and for a first timer would be just on the edge of overwhelming.

This is my two cents and I wish you a great trip whatever you decide to do!

I think it's better to start out with your friends. Do something to distract yourself during the come up like play video games.
I've never had a problem telling my buds, "it's time for me to be alone." You'll know when you need to venture into a dark room with some headphones for some deep mind exploring.
It's better to not try to force the experience.

I would start the trip off with my friends, but if I started to feel like my goals were being hindered and I'd be better served by solitude, then I'd politely excuse myself.