View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time preparing for acid

Grn330

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I'm fairly new to psychedelic (unless you count smoking weed on an xtc trip as psychedelic) but ive done xtc a decent amount of times and can handle it well and smoke weed daily, also mixed the two and this can sometimes be a bad mix for me if im not in the right company.

Planning to try acid just because it sounds quite fun but some things giving me cold feet. First of is being with the right people, usually how our parties go down is just everyone packed into the one room, and usually some people really think its funny to fuck with some peoples heads who are tripping or rolling. Is there anyway to deal with this apart from just leaving the party? Also is 200ug too strong for first timers?

Some tips for this will help as well. Thanks

200ug is too much especially in a hectic environment. Why don't you get a couple of mates and do it at home or in nature. Just wait till the right time there is no rush.

Hectic environment is a no go for a first timer. Hell, after 50+ trips in my life, I still get bad anxiety when tripping around larger groups. It's always best, in my experience, to trip alone, or with close friends.

I reccomend trying 100ug first. In an hour and a half you can always take some more if you're feeling it.

200ug is too much especially in a hectic environment. Why don't you get a couple of mates and do it at home or in nature. Just wait till the right time there is no rush.
Say there was quite a hectic environment like people trying to fuck with you do you recommend smaller dosage or just not do it at all?

Say there was quite a hectic environment like people trying to fuck with you do you recommend smaller dosage or just not do it at all?

In that environment, I'd say don't even bother dropping; and then at some point get new people to associate with. If people fuck with me, sober or not, they're not my friends and I don't need or want them in my life.

Yeah, sure, we've all heard the stories about fucking with the guy that's high. That ain't cool, funny, friendly or smart. It's bullshit pure and simple. Life is too short to deal with that crap.

Best bet is to get a couple of friends you trust and like and try 100g in a safe place where you can chill. After you're comfortable with 100 ug, you can try a larger amount or more variable environments.

Tom

Hey guys, I'm fairly new to psychedelic (unless you count smoking weed on an xtc trip as psychedelic) but ive done xtc a decent amount of times and can handle it well and smoke weed daily, also mixed the two and this can sometimes be a bad mix for me if im not in the right company.

Planning to try acid just because it sounds quite fun but some things giving me cold feet. First of is being with the right people, usually how our parties go down is just everyone packed into the one room, and usually some people really think its funny to fuck with some peoples heads who are tripping or rolling. Is there anyway to deal with this apart from just leaving the party? Also is 200ug too strong for first timers?

Some tips for this will help as well. Thanks
I'd also advise against it. LSD tends to make me very introspective, which leaves you somewhat vulnerable. Even if your friends are just messing around, negativity would easily get massively amplified.
I've never done XTC, but LSD makes me feel very mellow anything that goes with that vibe, only increases the experience. Take a few select good friends that respect you, but that you can rely on, get comfortable with good, mellow music but don't be afraid to throw in something massive every now and then (I personally get body 'gasms from Jack White's High Ball Stepper, weird song with the shrieking, but good grief, dat guitar makes me feel as if I'm hurdling face-first through the atmosphere, at deadly speeds).
Or, just go out, enjoy nature, if that's possible.

From what you describe as a typical party, I'd consider it a stressful environment. It'd be a waste of good acid.

As for general tips, here's what I usually do, when I stay inside:
- Get a blanket/comforter and a pillow and get comfortable. Body temp tends to bounce around
- Beforehand, make sure some drinks are at the ready. Alcohol doesn't play well with LSD (IME). I tend to stick with not-too carbonated drinks that aren't overly saturated with sugar (Arizona, or juist plain ol' OJ)
- Eat well, about 2 hours before hand. Dropping on a full stomach makes me feel uncomfortable. Not eating in advance also makes me feel uncomfortable.
- During the trip: Try fruit, smoothies, cocktail, cereal bars to tame your stomach, should you get hungry. I love eating pizza, but during a trip, all the grease, oil, overly produced ingredients and cheese -blurgh, the mere thought of it at that point would make me nauseous.
- Don't overly prepare, just make sure whatever you need or want to try is ready at hand. It took me half an hour to plug in my guitar into my amp, because I had to muster all concentration not to fall and disappear into the carpet's pattern/figure out which end goes where/go into a laughing fit because I probably looked stupid, sitting on the floor, tangled in cables, shouting at my amp to "make with the plong"/etc.
- Edit: Before I forget: My first hit was a 150µg blotter 1P-LSD, I think I'd be comfortable with up to 200 µg MAX for my first trip.
- Relax, enjoy and welcome to the dank side.

Last edited:
I always hated when people tried to mess with me while i was high.....I'd always say "I'm high, not three. waving your hands around my face or jingling your keys may be fun for your toddler nephew, but for me it has become extremely difficult not to punch you in the face for being such a douche."

yea it really does suck when theres some douche who thinks its funny to fuck with the guy whos high, thanks guys will try it and return with my experience