• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time opiate withdrawl

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So i been a on and off user of opiates for a few years but never used consistently enough to develop dependence until now. I was smoking good H for 2 weeks straight & 3 days ago felt symptoms i never experienced before. (Excessive yawning, runny nose, eyes watering, muscle aches, fatigue hot flashes) i decided I'm done with Heroin. Its been 72 hours since my last dose & I'm finally feeling better. Somewhat. But i just took 40mg hydrocodone because I'm an addict ugh. Is this going to reset everything? Please help. I had a couple Temezapams but ran out & have nothing else to aid me

if your withdrawal symptoms (those are indeed what you were feeling) had cessated then you can actually use opiates for two or three days straight without becoming hooked again, but if they hadn't then there is a chance that your wd's might have been reset yes

If you were in fact having symptoms of withdrawal from the H binge still, I do believe that you would've reset , to some degree , your withdrawal symptoms..
..from personal experience and it happens quite often, that after a good H binge and your funds are all depleted, or your guy is off, that I would scroung up whatever I could here and there, mild to medium strength opiate/opiods , and if it was only once I could score ...say..whatever? Like 8percs, or a couple codeine contin 100mgs , then albeit milder withdrawals, I'd still experience the 5 on average days of withdrawal, depends how far along I was into withdrawal, but if I scrounged a couple times, like on the 3rd day, then the 5th day and so on, it was actually kind of a taper down from the H, I'd feel good for about 30min, then going into withdrawal again, but a bit milder ...
....but that's just my experience

Considering its hydrocodone, and it's only once, you may experience what I feel when I'm only able to scrounge something once, but for me anyways it would be a bit milder of a withdrawal, but the length from my last dose of anything opiate related would still be the 5 day average, if I was in withdrawal...

...if I wasn't in withdrawal at all and popped 40mgs of hydro, I wouldn't be anywhere near going into withdrawal, but that's a no brainer, just thought it may help with what I'm trying to explain

I've been there before. As far as withdrawal symptoms, they were almost nonexistent, however, the cravings increased.

I think you might have set yourself back but everyone's different when it comes to withdrawals. How are you feeling now?

...everyone is for sure different, I don't mean to scare or make things worse mentally at all, I was explaining my experience with the same situation you are going through... And to be honest, when I first started using opiates, I was damn near invincible when it came to withdrawal symptoms, I would ignorantly state how I never went through them even with extended use...I certainly learned my lesson, so thats something that weighs on me, these days, slapping me in the face during withdrawal...
...and, yea...how are you feeling today/now?

if you are feeling better at 72 hours good job the pill will proballby not set u back much but now is a good time to reconsider opiate use before it gets worse. You were able to expierence H and how quickly it will grab hold of you. Imagine feeling like that all the time unless you had dope . All the time and then multiply it by the worst flu of your life and add a good week and there you have a opiate addiction. It doesn't take long at all to grab you and hold on. And you may say to yourself that you can control it but it doesn't work that way . It never will . Maybe now is a good time to reavaluate your use, being dope sick is a users worst fear at least it is mine . Good luck to you

^^^ditto that...
...it's a double edge sword, it is not something to take lightly, and I'm not saying I did that, I knew first hand before I ever experienced dope sickness myself, through people I knew, but it is something to take some time and think about...it is, in the end, your choice and yours alone
...good luck, stay safe

Actually, you likely saved your ass. Don't do the mistake of continuing use and end up on methadone or suboxone. Consider me. In autumn 2012, I was "lucky" enough to get a bad sinusitis-bronchitis, my doctor prescribed me an antibiotic, renewed my Symbicort, gave me a short course of prednisolone taken orally, 2 weeks antibiotics, 2 weeks making the dose of prednisolone higher and then having it go lower till you stop. With that I also got a hydrocodone script for the very painful and strong coughing I was experiencing, unproductive coughing. 30 5mg Hycodan tablets as the antitussive. I had been lowering my shooting up of Dilaudid since a month and it was easier to forget excess opiate use if I didn't take my ADD meds (Dexedrine). So 2 weeks off Dexedrine and I had lowered to about just 2 4mg Dilaudid shots a day with some hydroxyzine to make it last longer. Which was pretty good, since I would generally a month before that eat a HydromorphContin 30mg, crush the beads of another. That would give me 5-6 IV shots and add 4-6 4mg or 3-4 8mg Dilaudid. A day. It was very costly and I was learning my lesson, at least with hydromorph...the high is so short your system isn't high intensely like even a couple crushed 200mg codeine contins or a 200mg Morphine extended-release or 50mg IR (Statex 50mg peaches are the work of God) which I guess is more like Heroin, but I never even saw heroin and morphine access was usually restricted to crappy 5 or 10mg MS IR/Statex, sometimes when they used to make 130mg Kadians, the only XR morphine with a dose in between 100 and 200.....even my 50mg a day at my worst Dilaudid-shooting-stupid-ass, eating a single impossible to defeat (I mean, I didn't know about the saline water trick for MS-Contins and MS-Contin-like generics....also not sure it's safe to inject saline hmm..

So I manage to get a high with 30-35mg of hydrocodone when I have the script of Hycodan..they went fast this way but even on day 4, when I took 17.5mg (split one in two, they don't have score lines and are some of the tiniest pills I have ever seen, smaller than brand name dillies, smaller than sennococt (sennosides pills I have, laxatives).

When I was desperate and needed help, when I went to the hospital's ORT clinic and just showed the area on my hand where I injected the most (it wasn't infected just, a very used spot, my best spot, nurses have incredible trouble finding veins on me when being drawn blood for blood works and such. They call 'em "rolling and small". Anyway, so I got myself a spot, only to it be in a month where I could stay there 6 days and be induced on methadone.

I had an exit door with that sinusitis-bronchitis from heaven. I was so sick of the routine and when my old messed up shoulders dude dealer was being a cock : "Not tonight, I'm busy" "I feel sick" "It's too late (when it's not even 10 PM), "I don't have enough left" and how he wouldn't drive to my condo when he knew I sold my car to shoot up his stuff when he stopped getting OxyIR 20's and generic Oxycontins 20's, 40's and 60's (he only had 80's once and I used one and ate bits here and there and I detoxed myself this way once, I did it myself twice with little cost, but pain would make me more of a slave and come back after a year 1/2 of just boozing and toking and he got a call from me out of nowhere..yeah.

The morning I left for the ORT detox, they wanted me to do a 3 month detox, but I said..with my pain issues I will go back...methadone's a good painkiller. But then methadone's myriad of side effects and the roll of the dice had me get some of the worse side effects one can get from it (aside from cardiac issues). I swelled 110 pounds in 12 months, they thought there might be water retention, nope, well maybe. I lost 15 pounds in 3 years+ after switching to Suboxone, which has ruined my teeth, those ph 1.8 sublingual lemon and lime natural and artificial extracts crap messed up my teeth, had to get so many fillings, I only had 3 tiny cavities in a little under 30 years. I had over 25 fillings done since Suboxone. They have to have something else in Canada than Suboxone, I talked with my doctor, the one I see the most often, it's kind of random over there, but the doctor you get to have the best relationship with, they usually will let you be your main one, but in the first few years it was totally random. He said we almost had Bunavail but Health Canada is stalling. The makers of Suboxone are pissed off at Canada's very short brand name patents, since a year and a half we have generics now,.the Teva and Mylans...they seem about the same to me. The Tevas might be much less strongly acidic than brand name or Mylans.

So, I became a size 42 (thankfully I'm over 6 foot high) and my perfect teeth, I still have my wisdom teeth, they all came up perfectly well out, dentist said I was in the 20% lucky few. Yet one of my 2 pain sources is related to dentistry, sort of, the doctor who first put me on a course of painkillers, which were at first 150mg Codeine Contins twice a day..later upped to the 200's and 375mg Naproxen 4 times a day. Compare that tolerance to what I have now on 8-10mg of Suboxone a day (I alternate and the stupid fact that the pills do not have score lines and thus cannot be split by pharmacy staff, I cannot be at 9mg. Soon I will cut the shit and take 8mg a day only. It is MUCH harder than methadone to get off Bupe I find, this constant, stronger than anything, glueing to your opi receptors, long term...creepy and likely alter your endorphin system forever if taken for too long...I'll see...I was able to get high (I shot a few dilaudids some nights after having my methadone in the morning and with my natural tolerance to opiates being high...it's only benzos, my trusty valiums, that made it so I didn't go higher than 60mg of 'done and when it was time to lower the dose, I lowered 2-3mg a month until I got to 39mg, nothing for 48 hours...and then I felt my brain had come out of a fog and this was a perfect dose for my pain issue and likely that dose (39mg) wouldn't mess with hormones and make me get chubbier like when I was at over 50mg. No wonder I see studies saying Suboxone should in most cases be for 3 month detox purposes as opposed to maintenance. But I couldn't keep taking methadone. I think I'll just take a plane and go to Austria, Switzerland (I forgot what other European country do this), but those who do 30 day MS-Contin oral detox in a program...I would be ready to stay 30 days and eat 30 days of hospital food (it must be good in Europe I'm certain) if I would be detoxed the way they do there. I also wonder if the fact that continental europe doesn't use racemic methadone but only uses levomethadone, no NMDA antagonism...I wonder in the case of those who take euro methadone and how the side effects profile should be different. It pretty much always is. Fuck, it's the excuse for every new patented drugs these days, they are unimaginative...the latest drug for heartburn in Canada? Dexlansoprasole...Dexilant, just use a single isomer and market the shit.

I could have went through all this with that one bottle of 30x5mg Hycodans. Hell, I got a good relationship with my personal doctor and he would have likely given me another if I had faked that my cough was still really bad after it was used up. I would be clean today and not awake at 3:23 am when I got to work at least 16 hours tomorrow to catch up. Thank fuck I can choose my own hours, "so long as the quota is met", heh, sounded like Gus Fring in my head as I wrote this.

So yeah, they do full agonist detoxes in 30 days in handful of central european countries. No big deal with your hydrocodone. If you stick to it, it might have saved your ass.

Last edited: