• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First time on vicodin, nothing happened?

Raimen

Greenlighter
So I tried vicodin for the first time yesterday, with no previous experience with opiates. I felt like nothing at all happened. I took 12.5 mg initially to get an idea of what it would feel like, but when I felt like nothing happened, so an hour later I took 7.5 mg more. Still felt like nothing happened, so half an hour later I took 7.5 more for a total of 27.5 mg of hydro. After 3 hours, all I noticed was a loss of balance and I got tired. What's up with that? Do they just affect me differently? Do I need to take more? For reference, I am 170 lbs.

Hydrocodone is one tenth of a strength of morphine and when converted to morphine your dose was 2.75mg which is pretty much nothing.

I had to take 15mg of oxycodone to feel it first time. Oxycodone is two times more potent than morphine so I would had to take 300mg of hydrocodone.

I don't suggest that you would go on and take 300mg of it as plenty of people had got nauseous even from 5mg oxycodone but 27.5mg of hydrocodone has been luckily on the cautious side.

Hydrocodone is one tenth of a strength of morphine and when converted to morphine your dose was 2.75mg which is pretty much nothing.

I had to take 15mg of oxycodone to feel it first time. Oxycodone is two times more potent than morphine so I would had to take 300mg of hydrocodone.

I don't suggest that you would go on and take 300mg of it as plenty of people had got nauseous even from 5mg oxycodone but 27.5mg of hydrocodone has been luckily on the cautious side.

What? Your reply makes absolutely no sense number wise. Either you typod something or you don't know what you're talking about.

To the OP, are you certain these pills were hydrocodone from a legit pharmacy? 15-20mg is usually a good starter dose for someone with no opiate experience. You should have certainly felt something. Unless you ate a giant meal or something right beforehand, then that could of almost killed any potential high. It happens.

Google the pill numbers and make sure it was actual hydrocodone. And if it checks out, next time take 30mg on a fairly empty stomach. I usually pop pills and then eat directly afterwards.

OP's dosing would have yielded the same result in me when I was opiate naïve, I would have required at least 27.5-30mgs at once on a starving empty stomach for a threshold/mild buzz result. I required 20mgs oxycodone for a mild/moderate high when I was opiate naïve - much the same as MrRoot has posted.

Google the pill numbers and make sure it was actual hydrocodone. And if it checks out, next time take 30mg on a fairly empty stomach. I usually pop pills and then eat directly afterwards.

Eating a fatty meal while on hydrocodone entirely kills my high. I hate it.

The pills were from my grandparents' (long since abandoned) extensive library of medications, so I'm quite positive they're legit. I think I had eaten a few hours before taking them, so next time I'll try on an empty stomach.

The pills were from my grandparents' (long since abandoned) extensive library of medications, so I'm quite positive they're legit. I think I had eaten a few hours before taking them, so next time I'll try on an empty stomach.

Well even if they were really old, they wouldn't have lost much potency so that part shouldn't be an issue.

Just try again and report back if the same thing happens I guess.

Hi, I'm back again. Even on a dead empty stomach, it took a heck of a lot of hydro to do anything, so I tried oxy instead.
20 mg oxy did almost nothing. 40 was pretty alright, but not quite what I'd expected. 80 though, was fantastic, and exactly what I expected.

But from what I've read, 80 seems like an awful lot for someone who's never taken opiods before. But I didn't get sick or anything. Felt just great. Is it possible it just doesn't affect me as much?

So I tried vicodin for the first time yesterday, with no previous experience with opiates. I felt like nothing at all happened. I took 12.5 mg initially to get an idea of what it would feel like, but when I felt like nothing happened, so an hour later I took 7.5 mg more. Still felt like nothing happened, so half an hour later I took 7.5 more for a total of 27.5 mg of hydro. After 3 hours, all I noticed was a loss of balance and I got tired. What's up with that? Do they just affect me differently? Do I need to take more? For reference, I am 170 lbs.
In my experience adding doses of hydro over time doesn't work to well. I would suggest starting higher all at once next time like maybe 3 or 4 7.5s at once. This should be relatively safe even for the opioid naive and would likely work better.

I remember the first time I took Lortab (basically Vicodin, hydrocodone/acetaminophen 10\500) and it was awesome. My horrible pain was gone and I had a GREAT buzz to boot and that was off of one 10.

I hope you are doing a cold water extract on those pills to remove all of the excess tylonal.

Did you eat prior? You may take 12.5mg but by the time the pills go through the digestion process, you're getting a small % of absorption.

I take pills on an empty stomach, then once I feel the effects I eat. Hits ne faster on an empty stomach for some reason.

The first time with vicodin was the only time I had eaten prior. Every time later, and every time with oxy I made sure I hadn't even eaten that day.

Also I only did the vicodin twice, and the oxy has no APAP in it, so no CWE necessary.

Wow, nobody thinks to ask if this is the OPs first opiate experience? An opiate high is different than being drunk or a marijuana high, it can be very subtle if you don't know what to expect. That's the reason many people claim to experience nothing from kratom.

Btw, white grapefruit juice taken before you dose will act as a potentiator. And don't expect some crazy high, you'll just feel happy, a bit more energized, and content with the world.

I said it was my first opiate experience in my first sentence. First experience with anything other than alcohol, actually. Idk, I just know that 80 mg felt great, with no apparent immediate negative effects, but I researched it before hand to make sure I wasn't going to hurt myself, and from what I read, 80 mg seems unusually high for someone with no previous experience. Hence my question: what's up with that? Is 80 as a beginner's dosing occasionally what happens?

I said it was my first opiate experience in my first sentence. First experience with anything other than alcohol, actually. Idk, I just know that 80 mg felt great, with no apparent immediate negative effects, but I researched it before hand to make sure I wasn't going to hurt myself, and from what I read, 80 mg seems unusually high for someone with no previous experience. Hence my question: what's up with that? Is 80 as a beginner's dosing occasionally what happens?

Everyone is different, you could just have a naturally high affinity to hydrocodone. I know I metabolize morphine horribly. Even on doses as high as 150mg (ER form mind you) I feel next to nothing both analgesia wise and other effect wise yet my cousin loves the stuff and gets high from as little as 30-60mg.

EDIT: Just to add, I feel more from 20mg of hydrocodone than I do from 150mg of morphine ER.

Last edited:
No need for a CWE, he's not a regular user and its just 4 pills... I didn't feel anything from hydo's till I hit 20mg. Next time try 30mg all at once. And wtf with the guy saying what he took was like 2mg of Morphine, wtf. Oxycodone is only 1.5x stronger than Hydro, your making it out to sound like Hydro is weak as fuck and its not(im on bupe 8mg a day, and if I go on a 'vacation' I can feel 80mg, though I usually end up eating 150mg of it, with oxy I end up shooting 200mg throughout the day..OP DONT TAKE THOSE DOSEAGES!!! Hydro isn't the strongest opiate for sure, but not weak as hell. Anyway, start with 20-30mg all at once, IMO. Maybe start in the middle like 25mg.

Since you're new to opiates, you should research "nodding". Most people just think they're having cool dreams but there is a difference. I nodded off just 20 mg hydrocodone early on but you have to be tired when taking it. And it doesn't last unfortunately.