Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time LSD trip, what to expect.

coolhandluke

Bluelighter
Hi All,

To give you a run down, I have a musical event coming up in a few weeks, and I'm planning on doing b2b nights, one on Friday night, and then the same one the following night (in another state). I don't want to drop MDMA on both nights because it's just not fun, so I want to save the MDMA for the second night, so for the first night I was thinking of trying LSD.

From some research I've done, a trip would last 6 - 8 hours, and your surrounding greatly influences the trip. The music that will be playing actually moves me like no other music does, so I'm hoping for a great time, and I will be with one of my closest friend.

Can anyone else please enlighten me on anything else I should be aware off?

The weekend is going to look like this.

Music event 1 - Friday night 10pm - 3am
Get home at 4:30am straight to bed
Up at 12:00pm to make a 3:30pm flight
Check in at hotel 5:30pm
Music event 2 - Saturday night 10pm - 6am
Flight back home at 11:00am

Thanks

Oh yes, and make sure you have someone you trust sober at your disposal.

yea man if youve nvr done it before, a place full of ppl you dont know might not be your best bet to start out.... its def not mdma... and def not shrooms... its way more of a head buzz then how shrooms more of a body buzz... you could still have a good time but if you dont it will prob be a shitty evening...

Expect at times extreme anxiety alternating with uncontrollable laughter.

^ Lol pretty much. It's a fucking roller coaster, there's both fear and great joy in the average acid trip. Always keep in mind that you're on a drug and it will wear off eventually. Expect to stay up for at least 12 hours after taking it too, plan accordingly. It's nice to have beer on the comedown, sleep is much more achievable with it IME.

LSD will pretty much stop any effects from MDMA you take the following night.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Ismene, interesting you say that, I didn't think the LSD would effect the MDMA trip the night after, should I swap the nights when doing MDMA & LSD around?

I'm planning to doing a quarter of a tab while at home this weekend and see how I go and then evaluate the session. I can usually keep my shit together on MDMA, but since it's my first LSD trip I'm not backing myself to keep it together, I know this is a totally different ball game.

You'll be high for a long time. Outside of that it's hard to speak in generalities about what you'll experience.

Don't stress about it, though...just go into it with the confidence that you'll be fine, and chances are that you will be.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Ismene, interesting you say that, I didn't think the LSD would effect the MDMA trip the night after, should I swap the nights when doing MDMA & LSD around?

Hard to say - for me they seem to have a very strong tolerance with each other. MDMA the day before LSD kills off most of the psychedelic effects, and LSD the day before MDMA kills off the empathogenic effects. You still feel a buzz but you don't get the full magic.

One thing you could try is taking your LSD in two doses 30 minutes apart instead of all at once. That turns it into some kind of mutant super-ecstasy, much smoother comeup, far greater bodyhigh and the comedown is a lot gentler and smoother too.

One thing you could try is taking your LSD in two doses 30 minutes apart instead of all at once. That turns it into some kind of mutant super-ecstasy, much smoother comeup, far greater bodyhigh and the comedown is a lot gentler and smoother too.

this is very interesting advice, I'll have to try it sometime

Certainly worth a try burnt, it's totally reshaped my thinking on LSD. Was never totally sold on it till I discovered this part of it's nature - now I think it's my fave drug. Ecstasy bodyhigh with psychedelic ultra-fluffiness on top.