Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time LSD; set and setting

g0dm0de

Greenlighter
Hi there!
So, I'll be taking LSD for a first time in about 10 days, and would like to hear opinions about "set and setting".
First, a bit of myself: I'm in early 20ies, just beat the hell out of cancer, a lot of unusual stuff has happened in my life,
but I was never depressed or anything like that. When I was around 15, I became interested in quantum physics,
so my viewpoint on life is a bit different.

My past drug experience:
Weed: Can pretty much smoke as much as I want, was daily smoker, not anymore.
Cocaine: Did it a few times. I find stimulants nothing special, although I can see why so many people get "addicted" to it. To me it's pretty boring, probably won't do it ever again.
Mushrooms: Once. 3g. I loved that experience. It wasn't a trip though. I felt like a kid again, everything was just so interesting and funny. Friends who took the same shrooms with me (3g as well), were tripping balls though.
MDMA: About 5 times. Pretty high doses. It's awesome in its own way, but not really a psychedelic.

My natural tolerance: I don't know about LSD, but with everything I've taken I noticed that I have significantly higher natural tolerance than others. Good example being mushrooms.
So, I will be taking a 200ug tab. What I'm looking for is not "fun". I want a strong journey into my mind and soul. I know there isn't definite answer on this, but: will 200ug be enough for me
to get that kind of experience?

In a week me and few friends are going to the seaside. We'll be in a camp, it's really nice with amazing views, I love it. The thing is though, I'll be taking LSD alone.
They are all what I could call "true friends". They don't do any drugs. To them, even weed is a strong substance and they do it only on special occasions, like going to the seaside =)
They know I'll be taking LSD, and they find psychedelics really interesting, but will probably never try any, because they are scared as hell. What scares them, excites me though.

So, onto my main question, what are your opinions of me taking LSD around 5-6 childhood really good friends, who will be sober/weed high/drunk?
I'm really excited about LSD, I feel like it's perfect time. It's like something has been telling me to take it for the past two weeks.

Thank you for reading :)

Natural tolerance or not, it would be wiser to start with a 100mcg dose. There are a list of reasons for this:

1. Your drug use is not that extensive. Plenty of people are "naturally tolerant" of some drugs but perfectly sensitive to others. LSD and mushrooms may be similar, but they are also very much not the same.

2. You'll be much better prepared for the kind of trip you want if you start with a low-dose trip and move up to it later. A 200mcg LSD trip includes a lot of things that can distract you from having a "journey into the mind and soul." If you get your feet wet first before jumping into the deep end, you'll be more capable of steering your trip in the direction you want it to go and more likely to come out of it with some lasting benefit.

3. Your choice of setting, while good, is not ideal. The last thing you want is to ruin the day for yourself and your friends because your first LSD trip went south. (It's good that you'll be with good friends, but it sounds like they will not really know how to help you in the way an experienced sitter would.)

To answer your question, 200mcg will certainly be ENOUGH. It's pretty much the upper limit of what I take, ever. I have seen sensitive people completely forget where and who they are on lower doses (including one person who doesn't feel that high from smoking weed at all).

I think the setting is off because of an implied politics which will override your ability to get into your senses - the psychedelic mind could be distanced from ephemeral things because of interpersonal baggage, history, complexity, expectations...

Having childhood friends there means having icons around you that are tunnels into old adventures blocking new experiences, blocking the ability to let go, too much familiarity prevents newness.

Then again, if you manage to avoid getting sucked into schoolyard mentality, you will have a great opportunity to observe with intimacy.

That none of your friends are joining you, anti-drug in fact, establishes a negative barrier to good connection, an artificiality that could be maddening and inescapable. 90% of everything important is attitude, and since the message (that you are doing drugs among your abstainer school chums) is out there, you will have a lot of attitude from others to put up with, let alone your own.