• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides First time LSD dosage, your experience and recommendation for people interested in trying LSD

ItsAFunThing

Bluelighter
Hello everyone! A while ago I happened to remember my first LSD trip. We took infused sugar cubes at a friend's house. Their dosage was claimed to be "high" and hilarities ensued. That thought led me to a question, what dosage would I recommend to someone trying acid for the first time?
50 mcg would be good as an "introduction to psychedelics" for a cautious user, because that's enough to feel the altered state but not enough for anything potentially troubling.
Optionally I would suggest 100 mcg. It should give noticeable visuals and stimulating euphoria, with strong mental effects. Emotions will be amplified. Thus it will comprise the majority of effects a user can expect from a trip, with potential negative emotions and states. Besides, 100 sounds like a cool number to make an emotional decision about.
Some people say that the first try should be higher dosed so that the user is "blasted properly" and "gets it". My first try was supposedly 200 mcg and while I sure got blasted properly I didn't "get it" at all: we just got pizza, played video games hysterically and watched Rick and Morty as if that was weed we'd taken back then. I now consider 200 mcg a strong dosage that I enjoy. Don't feel the need to go higher (maybe 250 or even a cheeky 300 mcg at a NYE party, but definitely not every trip)

What is your first experience and opinion?

Last edited:
start at 75 and go to 100 next time - at least 4 days later - if all went well, and they want something a bit stronger

I took 100 micrograms the first time but that ended up being way too much.

...but you know, I've yet to hear of someone having a bad time that started with a corner hit!

are we talking blotter?

how does anybody really even know the exact dosage to begin with?

Its up to the person. higher = higher chance of bad trip on first time or losing their shit.

I personally took 3 110 ug WoW blotters and went on the most powerful psychedelic trip that has never being rivaled by any other experince expect some k holes.

100-150 ug for first timers to be on the safe side.

at 330 ug i had zero control over my actions with no idea what the fuck was going on other than i ascended from this reality and went on one hell of a trip that blew
my mind wide open and left my room destroyed as a 19 year old. I lost my shit totally lol. anything above 200 ug involves risk for the first timer losing their utter shit

I took 100 mics my first time, it was interesting. Not the best set and setting though but I still had a pretty good experience. Waiting to try it again at 250 or so at some point soon.

are we talking blotter?

how does anybody really even know the exact dosage to begin witnobody can know for sure
nobody really can be certain, but half to 3/4 of a blotter is a fair measure for a cautious first use,
my first taste was a purple doubledome microdot which was probably close to 200.
I am glad that happened, and about whom that happened with.

My friend and I had been smoking lots of hash and listening to Jimi Hendrix for months before the opportunity to score lsd fell on our lap, I took mine immediately, while he arranged a lift back to his appartment, where I watched an old fashioned wind up alarm clock go backwards and just was a simple bubble of life for 4 hours and then walked home barefoot (2 miles) as my feet had grown too big. I guess he wanted to make a ceremony of it, his trip was private and I never found out want he experienced. over 40yrs ago.

nobody really can be certain, but half to 3/4 of a blotter is a fair measure for a cautious first use,
my first taste was a purple doubledome microdot which was probably close to 200.
I am glad that happened, and about whom that happened with.

My friend and I had been smoking lots of hash and listening to Jimi Hendrix for months before the opportunity to score lsd fell on our lap, I took mine immediately, while he arranged a lift back to his appartment, where I watched an old fashioned wind up alarm clock go backwards and just was a simple bubble of life for 4 hours and then walked home barefoot (2 miles) as my feet had grown too big. I guess he wanted to make a ceremony of it, his trip was private and I never found out want he experienced. over 40yrs ago.

right - nobody is certain

so i don't ever talk in ug or mcgs

i would also tell a n00b to just take a quarter to a half hit and go from there - im with ya on that

Thanks for sharing your dosage insights – super helpful for first-timers. I totally vibe with the cautious 50 mcg for an introduction or the bold 100 mcg for a fuller experience. Personal journeys are wild, right? By the way, have you checked out the Chemical Collective? They're all about safe, high-quality, third-party tested chemicals.

Last edited:
Yeah, for first time 75-100 sounds just right for most people. I did 150, was a solid trip. Then jumped to 300 and beyond, that's where the fun really starts for me. But I need larger doses for pretty much every substance.