• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids First time kratom. What should I expect?

Nod Alot

Bluelighter
I did a lot of reading on the search engine, but I would really like some fresh opinions. It goes like this: my habitual use of opiates started in 2007 and ended in 2013. Most of 2013 I was on suboxone, but before that I would either snort 160mgs of oxycodone or IV 300mgs of morphine. So Jan 2014 I did a 40 month prison sentence and was released May 9th( 2 months ago). So since I've been out, I had some dental work done last month and was given a small script for Tylenol 3s. And maaaan was my tolerance low as fuck from over 3 years of abstinence! The script lasted 3 days and the doses were: day 1/90mgs, day 2/180mgs, day 3 180mgs. My tolly was so low that on the day 3 dose I damn near almost puked. So that's all I've done since I've been out. I've been reading a lot on kratom and really want to try it. Never have before. I ordered some Bali commercial, maeng da red vein, and some pricey UEI. I figured once I get it on Saturday I would do 7 grams maeng da mixed with 0.5 grams UEI. Does this seem like a good starting dose? And what can I expect with a minimal tolerance and first time use?

You are gonna want to crank those doses way down if you think your tolerance is that low, I'm talking like 2-3 grams max for your first time. Plus you've never had kratom before, start with a very small allergy test.

Start with the Bali, try either making tea or using the toss and wash method with 1-3 grams. For tea just throw your kratom in a pot of water on a low boil and add some lemon juice for better extraction. Then let it low boil for 15-20 minutes, stirring thoroughly every 2-3 minutes. Then strain through a coffee filter.

For toss and wash all you have to do is weigh your dose, breath in (very important step so you don't accidentally inhale kratom powder), throw the powder in your mouth and immediately wash it down with water.

Again I do not advise exceeding 2-3 grams of your Bali for your first time. Taking too much kratom is a pretty damn uncomfortable experience and throwing up powdered kratom is downright unpleasant.

Cool deal, thanks for the heads up! I'm damn sure glad I asked because I do not want to ruin the experience by getting sick lol. I ordered the Bali because I read that it's the standard among kratom users. Can't wait to try it!

Yep no problem. Bali is considered one of the less potent strains but the best bang for your buck depending on your vendor. I've tried a few different "high potency" extracts and IMO they aren't worth the price.

Bali has had the best buzz out of the strains I've tried as well. Red vein and white vein Bali are my favorite. I stopped for awhile because my favorite vendor started mixing their green Bali with their other strains of Bali and for some reason green Bali just makes me feel ill, no buzz to be had.

Yes, definitely start low and work your way up. Too much kratom is extremely unpleasant, unless you like feeling like you have extreme sea sickness and nausea.

Yes, definitely start low and work your way up. Too much kratom is extremely unpleasant, unless you like feeling like you have extreme sea sickness and nausea.

Oh man, yeah the nausea and blurred vision thing from too much kratom sucks. I used to dose too closely with low tolerance because when I was going to do something and wasn't gonna be able to dose again for a while, I'd be worried about the last dose wearing off,so I'd dose again too soon and I'd get the crazy blurred vision shit. But where kratom really sucks is if you find yourself addicted to the shite. Having to slam down that damn powder every couple hours just to feel alright.

Even waking up every two hours to have to dose just to sleep another two fucking hours fuck that! The first time I was addicted I could sleep like 6 hours. By the last time I was addicted though, my system would burn through it in like 2 hours. Be very careful to not do it too often, OP, as the addiction sucks. I mean it's nowhere near as bad as strong opioids, but it still fucking sucks. It was a great high though with a low tolerance. Energetic opioid buzz, great for chilling or getting shit done. Single best drug I ever found for physical labor, I was a beast on the shit! Very nice synergy with cannabis as well.

Last edited:
^yeah I've read some pretty ugly horror stories on kratom addiction, and I most definitely don't want to go through any kind of opioid-like WD again.

that sounds fucking awesome though that you can get shit done while on it. I could use some motivation in my life lol.

With the right doses it's a very productive drug. That said, I have tendency to redose too frequently with it because the effects do tend to end rather quickly with any kind of daily use. And that gets me into trouble.

UPDATE:

Hey, I'm not trying to turn this into a trip report or anything, but I thought for scientificky reasons id let you guys know how things went..

well I got home from work today and saw my kratom had arrived a day early (yesssss!=D). So I measured out 3 grams and tossed/washed it. The taste wasn't all that terrible, I know quite a few people can't stand it though.
I did this 45 minutes ago and have to say, I feel good! lol it's quite pleasant so I'm very glad I decided to try it out! I will maybe dose another gram in an hour depending on how I feel by then, but yeah, it's awesome so far. Currently I feel like I took maybe 20ish mg's of hydrocodone( very low tolerance!) stimulated but in a smooth, mellow way if that makes any sense.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my original post! You're input was greatly appreciated!