• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time hydrocodone -- need advice

twriggy

Greenlighter
So the hardest drug I've ever used regularly is weed, which currently makes me paranoid at this point in my life and isn't the type of high I need tonight. My husband and I have started to get into some ... activities ... and I wanted a nice high for what we are planning on doing tonight. On the very few occasions I have taken hydrocodone, it was for pain and I took the recommended dosage and never felt high. I tend to have a high tolerance for most drugs I've encountered. I have some hydrocodone laying around that I didn't even bother taking because they never work for me, but I am probably doing it wrong since I never actually ventured very far into the drug world.

The type of high I want is a euphoric feeling without passing out after several hours. I also don't want to vomit. I had considered drinking but, once again because of my tolerance to all types of highs, my buzz can wear off pretty quickly if I don't keep up with it. Will hydrocodone give me the high I'm looking for? Any recommendations on dosage? How does it mix with liquor?

>>>>> Please, no drug testing discussion <<<<<

Thanks for the help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Opiates are euphoric, though what 'kind' of euphoria is subjective, as is dosage. I would start small and gradually build up until yiu find that sweet-spot

I wouldn't drink with hydo. Alcohol and Opiates don't mix well, they bring out each others side effects; you'll black out, probably vomit, feel sick, or just straight up die. But on the other hand some people find that in the right dose (again, subjective) they compliment each other rather well.

I don't think we are allowed to discuss getting around drug tests; read the BLUA.

keep safe.

Last edited:
First off, I must preface this with some harm reduction. Never, ever mix a downer (opioid: hydrocodone) with another downer (alcohol) because it can slow your heart rate and respiratory system to dangerously low levels to the point of death. At best, if it doesn't hurt you, it will get you extremely messed up to the point of just blacking/nodding out the entire night. It wouldn't be a coherent high at all, which from what I gathered, is not what you want.

You said weed makes you paranoid; have you considered benzodiazepines such as Xanax for your night? If you have anxiety, it will give you relief and you will feel nice and chilled out (I would not go past 1 mg for the first-time dosage). If you don't really feel much after about 30-45 minutes, take another .5. But also the high is not very noticeable if you do not have anxiety. I digress...

Opioids, when abused, do give a euphoric feeling. I would drink a Red Bull if you feel like it would make you too sleepy so you can stay up and enjoy your buzz. I would recommend oxycodone more however; it is more pleasurable in my experience, and if you take certain oxycodone pills (Roxicodone 15s for example, although I would recommend only taking a half of that - 7.5 mg) there are no acetaminophen (APAP) in them like hydros (Vicodin, Lortab, and Norco). You don't want the APAP when abusing pills because it hurts your liver and sets you up for liver damage.

If you do decide to go with hydrocodone, I would recommend your dosage to be 10-15 mg. As for how long it stays in your system, it depends on your body makeup, such as body mass and metabolism. But the general rule is hydrocodone stays in your urine for 1-6 days, and oxycodone is 3-4 days.

I hope I answered your questions and also threw in some different options in there as well to have a good - but also safe! - time.

Welcome to BlueLight. Have you taken hydrocodone before? If not then I would probably start with 10-15 mg. This usually lasts a few hrs, 6 at most. As far as drug testing, I would give it a week or 10 days before getting tested. Hydro and oxy get cleared from your body fairly quickly but the drug tests are fairly sensitive. I would think 7-10 days would be enough for a low dose like 10-15 mg.