• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin First time heroin use. Almost OD

MeBen

Greenlighter
Brief history, I am 50 yrs old and am quite familiar with the most popular varieties of drugs, I used to IV meth and coke, take shrooms and acid, lsd, etc. and smoked weed a lot all back in the 80's and 90's mostly, had my share of pain pills, a couple of years ago I even acquired a lot of dilaudid very cheap and IV-ed 3 or 4 a day for over a month, I loved them but I never tried heroin.

Not long ago a buddy called me and said he could get some black tar, I thought well I have tried everything else why not and told him sure get me some. He told his supplier about me and what I have done and asked his advice on a first time dose (IV). The supplier gave him 3 blobs on a cellophane and told my friend that one of these should get him off good but not overdose him. He said each blob was .12 g . He even told my friend that I might want to do 1 1/2 of the blobs. I thought I would try 1 and see. So I fixed one .12 g blob up and banged it. It was a thick one to, 30 units of dark amber but clear.

When I felt the intensity of the rush I thought oh crap, all the meth and coke I have done and those dilaudids, this rush was stronger and I was getting really high, I got up and walked around for a couple minutes and the rush and high was intense. The next thing I know I am waking up on the floor in front of my desk, I sat up and I am really high, not an enjoyable high, but too high. My friend told me I was out for like an hour and he made sure I didn't stop breathing. After I got up he had to leave, that night I would wake up from time to time but as soon as a sat down or anything I was back out, I eventually slept it off I guess, after about 12 hrs I got up and stayed up. Each time I woke up I felt nauseated also.

Since I have never done H before I don't know much about it. I feel I came too close to ODing for comfort. Is this pretty typical for an overdose? is .12 g enough to overdose? Or does this sound like a bad batch or has been cut with something to make me do that? Or is this stuff maybe more powerful that the supplier even realized?

Heroin potentcy is all over the map in the states, the possibility of dangerous cuts like fentanyl aside. Discussion of possible cut isn't allowed.

Sounds like you went in with no tolerance, but even with tolerance I would start with a tester dose to help determine potency. I generally use #4 heroin, and I would never recommend someone with zero or light tolerance start with a point or more, especially IV. I had a chick fall out on me doing that after I told her that it was potent and to start small, but she instead snorted the whole point. It was really scary to say the least.

I've used tar a handful of times, and I'm not much of a fan, I've found it's potency to be even more variable than the ECP we usually get here in the SE U.S.

bth is the impurest form of h, it doesnt get purified after acetylation, like other forms of h do. Anyways it's rich with a strong metabolite called 6-mam. making dosing difficult.

120mg of pharmaceutical grade heroin could easily kill an opiate naive individual

I can't help but think that any more and it would have done me in, and I have a high tolerance for drugs, even Dr's and Nurses in the Hospitals have noticed. I wasn't just nodding out, I was passing out for hours at a time. I am not really opiate naive, I was prescribed hydrocodone for a while, then they jumped me up to the 3 day fentanyl patches, and I love dilaudids, but was my tolerance built up on opiates when I did the H, no it was not, Steady is right. Heroin naive yes, I went with what the supplier said like a dope.

Needless to say I did not enjoy my first heroin experience. I knew when that intense of a rush hit I was in trouble.

Last edited:
Doesn't sound like it would be enjoyable for anyone, you just took too much and luckily (and thankfully) you're here to tell us about it. The dealer probably doesn't do his own product and was guessing based on customer's feedback, or perhaps an amount he'd seen one do.

But yeah, one can plenty of past drug experience, but those tolerances don't hang around forever.