• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

First time growing marijuana at home

jobush

Greenlighter
Hey guys! how are you doing?
it is my first time growing marijuana ever, because a friend told me that it is helping him with his knee pain and I want to try it too.
I am not the youngest or the birghtest so I want the easiest way to do it because I have seen that growing a plant perfectly is very time consuming and you have to really know how to do it.
I´ll buy the seeds in the dispensary next to my house so I´ll let the person working there guide me, but if you know any strain that can help me with my pains, it will help me a lot.
The biggest question that I have is about the grow cabinet, I have been searching the web and I´v found out that the cheapest automatic one is the cabigrow, and it says that it has an app to follow the procedure.
I am not used to buying online but is the only the only way due that I haven´t seen any place next to me that sells any automatic growing cabinet,
Does anyone has experience with this product or a similar one? Do you guys have find any cheaper one?
Thank you guys for your time!

It looks like a great way to spend a bunch of money to grow some small heat stressed plants. * Unless you mean like one around 3x6
Why no tent?

you knowledge base doesn't really revolve around the plant itself, but in the process you choose to use for growing is where it gets complicated.

you need to know how to read the plants to see what they need. but if you do your research and have a plan and keep on top of the method you choose to use for growing should keep the problems to a minimum.

Beautifully said, dabman.
And remember kids, lots of people like to lie about successfully doing things like growing pot. You should expect to wrongfully lose some arguments starting out.

Beautifully said, dabman.
And remember kids, lots of people like to lie about successfully doing things like growing pot. You should expect to wrongfully lose some arguments starting out.

While this is true, you make it sound like it’s some super complicated art only few have accomplished. It’s pretty easy to grow weed, but hard to become a grower that can produce product comparable to top shelf bud.

@jobush The strains I’ve found best for pains have been GMO, Kush strains (OG behind the name), and MAC. Although MAC can be finicky based on what I see on the shelves, only a few growers do it right. But definitely try to do some GMO, that’s king for body pains.

-GC

I’m a new ‘about to be‘ home grower. I have lots of space whether an indoor room, out in the garage (it’s big and I don’t drive) or outdoors in the backyard. Outdoor growing is out of the question for me this year

Just moved to Nova Scotia and am slightly suprised at how warm it stays at night this time of year. I can realistically plant outside end of May but it looks as if the garage is the best place; it’s already wired for but doesn’t T4’s (?) and can easily support height adjustable lights/ballasts. I’ll be using ventilated/drained grow bags, only 4, placed on a plastic skid. I don’t expect a lot of drainage butI wil; have drippage taken care of.

Learning about soil growing as opposed to purely hydroponics. I’m just getting a list together of everything I think I’ll need. I’ll start from seed (feminized, not autoflowering).

Tom