• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time doing Oxy

supremepanda

Greenlighter
So, I came upon a bottle of oxycontins (15mg) and I have little to no experience with pills for I only smoke weed, not even drink. Can I just crush it and rail it? how many should I crush? I'm a big guy close to 280 lbs.

I mean if you know you definitely want to take them (Insert all that shit about don't do it! and it's probably a mistake, etc. etc. here. I get it. Me and every other junkie in the world were once in your position.), I would recommend taking one orally first to see how you like it, especially since you've never experienced pills before, or any substance other than weed, and you've probably never snorted anything before by the sound of it. Oxy is not like weed, and a lot of people don't like it at all. There's a good chance you'll get sick to your stomach from it, or not like the itching (I can't imagine why you wouldn't like the itching, sigh... but a lot of people apparently don't.), or not feel a euphoria at all. Many people don't get any euphoria from opiates. If you do like it, though, once you get a good feel for what oxy is like and what your tolerance is, then try railing it. And when you do that, rail much less (maybe a third-ish?) than you would normally eat and work your way up. You can always do more, but you can't undo what you've already taken.

A moderator is probably going to point out that "we can't tell you how to get high", just a guess. But, you know, sounds like you're going to do it regardless and I figured I'd throw my two cents in before you go straight to snorting the stuff and something bad happens (in my defense, moderator).

Please be safe!

Thank you for your response! I just took two orally because I had some friends strongly disprove snorting. Thanks for also bypassing the "Dont ruin your life" talk I'm not going to make this a regular thing and this is only for tonight lol I dont plan to do this after tonight.. I hope i get euphoria instead of sickness and itching lol I actually tried making it into powder with a hammer but it resulted it in looking like a deformed skittle, is this normal? did they purposely do this to discourage snorting? how do people snort this? I'm so confused haha

and I appreciate your two cents. I was really clueless to how to take it and you explained it perfectly Thanks!

No problem, friend! When I was first getting into opiates, the whole "don't do it!" spiel was wasted on me for sure. Either a person is going to try it and actually never do it again, in which case there's no point in giving them a speech, or like me they're going to try it, love it more than anything and chase it all the way down until they're shooting heroin and ruining their life. In this case, the speech isn't going to do anything for them either.

God, I miss oxy. I'd literally murder someone for some right now. I'm 6 months clean chilling in my parents' empty house for the night. If I could get away with a one-time high without it spiraling my life out of control, I'd do it for sure, haha. I hope you get the euphoria too, but not to the point where it hooks you in. Snorting with no opiate experience could've been a disaster. A huge amount of people do get really sick from opiates when they first start taking them, so snorting 15 mg had the potential to ruin the rest of your night. If you do get sick, though, don't panic, just lie down and breath through it. It'll pass once the pills wear off. Non-drowsy Dramamine can help too, if you have it on hand. And if you're not too sedated, Benedryl will do wonders for any itching you don't want to embrace.

I'm not sure why you couldn't crush the pill. I always did generic oxycodone, and it was almost always bought illegally. It crushed just fine, although some of the more legit pills were definitely harder to crush than the ones that had clearly been cut and repressed. I have heard of pharmaceutical companies messing with brand-name OxyContin so that people can't snort it. So the inside of the pill looked like the inside of a Skittle? Kind of a waxy consistency? It's probably either one that's been altered so that it can't be crushed, or some sort of time-release concoction. There are ways to dissolve those and snort them, I believe, but I never encountered that kind of pill, so I don't know any of the methods myself. I have no doubt in my mind though, that you could snort that little guy if you really needed to, hahaha. Someone somewhere on the internet has figured it out. Sorry, big Pharma.

I'll second what swim there said, just do them orally. I'm in a similar position, I'd almost give my arm for any hard opiate, literally.

Hahaha, cheers, bptubbs. And yet here we are, salivating while living vicariously through the opiate naive on bluelight... ?

Nah, I cut my arm off and traded it for dope... good decision I think;)

(moving from homeless) Since you've never taken oxycodone before, I would have started off with just one of these tablets or even less if you could split it. That way you could avoid the unpleasant side effects.

I'm going to assume that you are familiar with all the risks of using opiates (e.g. they are highly addictive and carry a risk of overdose). In fact, you can become physically addicted to powerful opiates like oxy as a result of only using them consecutively for as little as a few times for some people. Once physically addicted, you can suffer severe withdrawal symptoms after trying to stop them cold turkey. There are lots of people who have really had their life completely upended by opiate addiction. These symptoms are somewhat similar to the flu, except like the worst case of the flu you have ever had essentially. Believe me, everyone who ends up getting addicted to opiates would have chosen to avoid them on that first time. This really could potentially could be a key turning point in your life if you take it..... and very much for the worse. So, obviously not taking it at all would be the best course of action.

However, assuming that you are aware of the risks and are going to take them despite the risks, I would say it would be better to take it orally as opposed to snorting. Snorting increases the amount of the drug that gets into your system at once, and if you are a first time user, this could be overwhelming and would be more dangerous. If you can, take a portion of the pill orally, see how you feel and then decide if you want more later. If the pills cannot be cut for whatever reasons, then just take a pill orally without railing it. Believe me, for a first time opiate user, that would be a very strong effect.

"The speech" aside, LandsUnknown is right. I knew immediately the first time I ever took Norco that I'd made a huge mistake. I've experimented with a lot of drugs, but with opiates, the addiction was instantaneous in a way no other drug was for me. When I felt my first opiate high, I had the following three thoughts in order: 1) This. I've been looking my whole life for this feeling. 2) I need more right now. 3) I have just altered the entire course of my life. I shouldn't have done this.

So yeah, OP, be really careful. Most people can mess around with opiates and be totally fine, and I certainly don't fault you in the least for being curious and wanting to have some fun. But when it is a mistake and you happen to unknowingly be one of the people with a predisposition toward opiate addiction, you don't know it until the damage is done. 9/26/2012. It's been 5.5 years, but that day still stands out as one of the most monumental in my life (in a bad way). That day dessimated my entire future. My life will never go back to the way it was before that day. Like you can recover from an opiate addiction (allegedly), but you never go back to the way you were before.

OP all you have to do is just have some self control and realize you shouldn't depend on stuff like opiates. You don't have to stop taking them all together after this but taking them once in a while in place of alchohol for example would be perfectly fine. There would be no need to worry about withdrawals as you'd be informed that continued use will result in dependency and there would be no reason to continue taking it for many days consecutive knowing there are withdrawals to come.

One pill should be good though, if you start feeling sick take some benedryl.

Just thought I'd throw this into the mix but I'm guessing your pills have OP stamped on one side. My 80's I used to do did and I'm assuming other strengths do as well. If they had an OC on them they should have crushed right up. However the newer OP version was created to be abuse proof and doesn't crush for shit! Best taking them orally like it sounds like you did. Hope all is well!

Can we get an update so we know you're alright, supremepanda?