View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First time doing ketamine and similarities to DXM

ImAShark

Greenlighter
I bought a half gram of Ketamine today, and it will be my first time ever doing Ketamine. I was wondering first what a good starting dosage would be, as well as the risk factor for a bad experience. I've done DXM before which is the only other dissociative I've ever done, and I've had a few bad experiences on that (well, 3 out of 4 times doing it). DXM makes me feel empty and depressed inside, and I have vowed to not do it again for at least a year. I'm hoping that Ketamine won't have the same effect, and I was also wondering about how long the effects of it will last for, because I plan on doing it over night when my parents are asleep, and I would like to sleep by at least 8:00am, assuming I take the Ketamine around midnight. And lastly, I will be snorting it, not shooting. Thanks for the help.

as I only shooted it, I had a pretty short trip (1 hour or so) but it blew my mind away.... this shit hits you right in your face like a rolling bus or so, than there is nothing, you don't even know if the injection went well, so paranoia may occure. then you try to puzzle together what has happened to you, why you are completely dissociated from yourself and your environment, some people may enjoy it, I don't know. haven't tried it too often yet. but I had several very interesting thought patterns during the trip, unfortunately I forgot almost everything. when you get calm and feel comfortable and secure, you may enjoy the strange buzz, you may find silently playing music attractive or just laying around and laughing being completely away in the k-hole or 4th room. while under the influence of K you may experience an easy intense breathing experience (this is normal, nothing to worry). you should always remember that the effects are temporarily and don't last too long.

don't forget that ketamin is an anesthetic drug, it puts you in kind of sleep mode, so sit/lay down or try not to run around at least. you can also experiment with very small amounts, this I found pretty interesting, but the effects don't last long then.

don't mind your negativ dxm experiences, I wouldn't wanna do dex eather again.

after your K anesthesia wears off you may feel full of energy and excitement, you may even feel a mood-lift on the days after your trip. So have a pleasent flight with Ketamin airlines and don't forget to tell about your experience! :)

one more hint, I don't know if this is also the case when you snort the powder, but the drug stabilizes your cardiac cycle so if you take the trip on midnight you might find it difficult to sleep afterwards, just like having a stimulant but without the euphoria.

concerning the similarities to dxm, I'm not sure. when I did dxm I always smoked weed and drank also alcohol, I only remeber the experience being on dxm as rather unpleasent/irritating.

concerning the dosis, depending on your weight, I would start with 30 - 50 mg as a low dose just to test it, 100 mg would be a stronger dose that will keep you busy for longer.

Last edited:
Any chance you can elaborate on the taking at 12am and stabilising the cardiac cycle at all?

My first dissociative was DXM, didn't really like it either of the 3 or so times I tried it. I felt groggy and pukey and overall I guess I could say that due to my personal drug preferences, I lean more to the side of feeling too much of the sort of "demented" or "deranged" feelings when I take DXM. It just doesn't feel like a great drug to me. I mean I don't mind a large body load from most drugs, when I trip or roll and I'm not feeling too well I just puke it up. DXM on the other hand is on a whole other level of grossness on the body for me.

Then I tried Ketamine and felt like a million bucks. Overall it's just a lot cleaner on the body and mind. Although higher doses make it difficult to walk or possibly even stand, it entirely lacks the uncomfortable groggy body load type feeling of DXM. The dissociation is also a lot 'clearer' which is an odd term because were talking about dissociatives, but what I mean is that for me at least, the dissociation from DXM feels clouded in the sense that I don't have a crisp grasp on the sense that my reality is basically deconstructing when I take it. DXM sort of just feels like an idle drunkness. K is a straight shooter though.

As for dosing, just take tiny bumps and work your way up. It's a fairly easy drug to dose and I'm assuming you don't have a scale, so just start with something small and see how that feels. It hits you fairly fast so it's not really a problem if it was too small, so start small. You probably wont have too much of a problem with the time either. Each dose lasts about an hour max before you're fairly well back to ground level. I'd say just dose it as you please once you get a sense of how strong however much is, and stop taking it about an hour before you want the effects to be gone. You shouldn't expect any troubles sleeping afterwards either. Just be careful and enjoy.

Any chance you can elaborate on the taking at 12am and stabilising the cardiac cycle at all?

Yes, I'll try. As you maybe allready know Ketamin is an anesthetic drug (so you don't feel pain anymore and get into kind of standby mode). Anesthetics normally give you hypotension which can be dangerous, so you are constantly monitored while under the influence of an anesthetic drug, you even may get artificial respiration, when surgery is performed. On the contrary, Ketamin increases hearth frequency and blood pressure, which is beneficial for patients especially after accidents/traumatic events. thus, when Ketamin is injected rather fast, there is also a risk of apnoea. anyways, when taken K, you will have a slightly higher blood pressure / higher heart rate, so chances are good you won't be able to sleep very soon. this is what a student of medicine told me.