• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time doing acid. Advice?

FizzyPop

Greenlighter
So my boyfriend and I are going camping in a week and he has a couple tabs of acid he's been saving for a special occasion and wants to do it with me. What should I expect or do to prepare?

Just be in a good mood and if the trip starts to go bad remember you can control it and think happy thoughts

So my boyfriend and I are going camping in a week and he has a couple tabs of acid he's been saving for a special occasion and wants to do it with me. What should I expect or do to prepare?
Is this your first time taking a psychedelic?

Does your boyfriend have experience?

Yeah, if you've done shrooms without much trouble you should have no problems with acid.

LSD produces more intense visuals and lasts a few hours longer, but it's also less prone to cause "bad trips" compared to shrooms. It's a lot more of a smooth ride, less introspection, and doesn't mess with your emotions so much like shrooms can.

However, high doses can very quickly become too intense for some people, so just take a reasonable dose for your first time.

yeah LSD is more stimulative and smoother than shrooms( but here dosage and other drugs vary) Shrooms alone in high doses 2x messed with me a bit but I diserved that so I knew that for to see the real psychedelic experience I need to take higher dose and just shrooms.

Lsd I was a bit scared and was 31 when I first time took it and I had some MDMA on hand just in case but it was great.
Only thing was I couldn't sit still or be in one place so:
Yeah if you can find out the dosage and start slow and just don't worry it's will be one of your greatest experience!
Wish you a Great trip

I would ask your boyfriend how strong the tabs are because dose is super important with LSD. If you're doing light doses then it'll be pretty much business as usual, just with acid vibes. If it's moderate to high dose, you won't be able to wander too far from camp because things will not make sense in the usual way. If you're going to be more local for your trip, then setup a nice chill area for that.

If you're in nature you'll probably have a nice time, especially if the nature is beautiful and it's a nice day.

I would plan a day that is not too strenuous and doesn't require you to "think" too much. Like... have easy food ready to eat instead of having to fucking cook while you're on acid. The more stuff you can do for yourself in advance like that, the more effortless the acid trip will be.

But again, this all depends on how much acid you're doing.

I guess my only other advice is.... because you'll be camping, make sure you don't forget all your basic wilderness stuff. Have a flashlight on you, proper clothing for the weather, stick to known trails and don't deviate, and budget your energy properly. Like, don't just walk and walk and walk far away and then only turn around to head back to camp when you're already exhausted. I've done that so many times while tripping and the walk back always turns into some kind of zoned out exhausted death march lol

What else...

Sunglasses. Always have sunglasses. lol
And water.

Enjoy!

Always make sure that the person with you is experienced on LSD.
Know what the strength is.
Carry some weed just in case the trip turns bad. Weed helps. Mellow it down.
Never do LSD in a crowded city or cramped spaces. Like flats or nightclubs.
My Guru taught me that you have to be ready to take the trip. You have to be spiritually and mentally ready.
I heard sex is good on LSD.
Did a lot of LSD in the early 80s.

Sex on LSD I can't even imagine. When I last took LSD my dick shriveled up to the size of maybe when I was 9. I actually couldn't believe it, it's like I'd gone swimming but worse. My appetite was gone, I was just completely fucking out of it. You'd have to be on a low dose, probably, I couldn't function at all.

Carry some weed just in case the trip turns bad. Weed helps. Mellow it down.
For the majority of people this is the opposite of what weed does. It usually makes people's trips overly intense if smoked during the peak.

If someone was having a bad trip the last thing they should do is smoke weed tbh.

.Going camping out in nature first time anytime is a great place to be.Enjoy !!.Done a lot of acid in the 70s plenty of nights in nightclubs melting walls walk outside buildings crumbling down ...fkn seen it all .

Sex on LSD I can't even imagine. When I last took LSD my dick shriveled up to the size of maybe when I was 9. I actually couldn't believe it, it's like I'd gone swimming but worse. My appetite was gone, I was just completely fucking out of it. You'd have to be on a low dose, probably, I couldn't function at all.
Acid makes me horny as hell and I have no problems with erections while on it, in fact the opposite.

However, the act of sex itself is kinda weird. It's great, but just really weird. I start questioning what I'm doing, what sex even is, why humans have sex, etc.... all psychedelics do this to me, though.

I was just too far gone to even grasp the concept. I mean it's not like I tried to become erect, I was just hanging out with a friend (who I'd forgot somehow coaxed me into 3 shots of moonshine, it didn't really get me drunk but the visuals did become a bit more wobbly). That was after the peak, but him and his girl were arguing, she'd just graduated and they had their first kid, the set and setting was actually terrible.

I have yet to get LSD again soon. Shrooms make me too sedated and stoned feeling, but I recall getting horny the first time I did DXM. I was listening to this song on the radio that I didn't even like, but at that moment I liked it so much it made me frisky and DXM is like, the opposite of an aphrodisiac.

Might be good to bring something along that can reduce the intensity of it if things go south, just in case. A benzo or even an adaptogen would do, ideally an adaptogen made in tea form. If you know breathing exercises or meditation that can help to recenter you. Someone you feel comfortable talking to ready with their phone could help. Acid doesn't carry as big a bad trip risk as mushrooms.

I would ask your boyfriend how strong the tabs are because dose is super important with LSD. If you're doing light doses then it'll be pretty much business as usual, just with acid vibes. If it's moderate to high dose, you won't be able to wander too far from camp because things will not make sense in the usual way. If you're going to be more local for your trip, then setup a nice chill area for that.

If you're in nature you'll probably have a nice time, especially if the nature is beautiful and it's a nice day.

I would plan a day that is not too strenuous and doesn't require you to "think" too much. Like... have easy food ready to eat instead of having to fucking cook while you're on acid. The more stuff you can do for yourself in advance like that, the more effortless the acid trip will be.

But again, this all depends on how much acid you're doing.

I guess my only other advice is.... because you'll be camping, make sure you don't forget all your basic wilderness stuff. Have a flashlight on you, proper clothing for the weather, stick to known trails and don't deviate, and budget your energy properly. Like, don't just walk and walk and walk far away and then only turn around to head back to camp when you're already exhausted. I've done that so many times while tripping and the walk back always turns into some kind of zoned out exhausted death march lol

What else...

Sunglasses. Always have sunglasses. lol
And water.

Enjoy!

Actually one time me and my ex did this where we went walking with the dogs while tripping in the mountains/camping. We both kind of zoned out and before we knew it we had walked quite a ways. As we headed back it became obvious our little pitty wasn’t doing well with the heat.

Eventually it was decided I would have to run back to get the vehicle and go back to save them. Which I did.. But never never again.. Driving single lane mountain roads with sheer cliff walls to certain death isn’t fun with a head full of acid. Especially when loved ones are in potential danger. Damn near collapsed when we finally got back.

We learned from then on not to ever leave the campsite. It’s too easy to just keep wandering.

-GC

Acid feels like electricity running through ur body,I'm not very fond of it but it's cool when ure in the right set and setting.

Actually one time me and my ex did this where we went walking with the dogs while tripping in the mountains/camping. We both kind of zoned out and before we knew it we had walked quite a ways. As we headed back it became obvious our little pitty wasn’t doing well with the heat.

Eventually it was decided I would have to run back to get the vehicle and go back to save them. Which I did.. But never never again.. Driving single lane mountain roads with sheer cliff walls to certain death isn’t fun with a head full of acid. Especially when loved ones are in potential danger. Damn near collapsed when we finally got back.

We learned from then on not to ever leave the campsite. It’s too easy to just keep wandering.

-GC
Man, I really relate to how you must have felt during that. Nothing really bothers me on acid, except for the few times something serious happened, then it becomes such an ordeal.

Last edited: