• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First thread

Dr.Junk Doer

Greenlighter
Hey guys.. Ive always used this site and now finally joined. I am a iv heroin addict who always loved other drugs as well. I have been away from the needle and h for 3 months now but will still do other substances on a weekly basis. I have quit the h cold turkey on my couch. My question is that if you guys would consider me a addict still? I say to myself im not an addict no more because i dont stick myself with needles now and am not dependent on drugs anymore and that i jus love getting high..what would u guys say?

Thanks
Ps. Im sorry if i broke any rulez or put this in the wrong place i am little confused by how to post on this site.

Are the negative effects of your addiction out weighing the positive? If so then you may want to stop using.

Well the answer is yes or no like i would say the only thing it really messes up is my sleep pattern nd my savings.. Im just scared to catch and addiction to one of these ones im doing because i will typically binge it and when i was on the needle i would shoot this stuff..

^No shit. We don't need disclaimers on every single thread guy. It's just redundant, as everyone knows that these drugs are addictive and potentially destructive. Young children are aware of this fact, so to think that you're somehow intelligent, inventive or original by spreading your gospel would be incorrect. We all know. We all know better than you do my friend.

When someone is in serious need of aid or advice here on Bluelight, say they have a potentially life-altering situation on their hands and instead of providing them with information, like maybe how to clean a used needle properly, we greet them with, "Don't use drugs, they are addictive", we are ultimately just wasting time. They need to know how to clean a needle, not your advice.

Now, OP, regarding your situation, psychological dependence upon Opioids is more or less permanent. This is not to say that your mental and physical situation won't improve with time. The obsession will lessen and cravings will subside, but Opioids ultimately make slaves of us all. Playing with fire is such an appropriate analogy. "Just getting high occasionally" is, in general, not an actual thing. The proper name for this sort of thing would be, the initial phase of your reintroduction to Opioid dependence. You'll get back to where you were if you keep messing around with them.

There are exceptions to this sort of thing. Some people can chip for their entire lives, some people don't like Opioids at all. Everyone is different, but we have to go by what would happen to the majority of the population. Messing with Opioids post-dependence is not possible without reigniting issues.

Also, we don't get mad at new members just for posting in the wrong area :). I'm not that much of a dick. I am however somewhat of a dick. We get mad when people blatantly break the rules and try to source drugs or do other stupid shit like that. If you're new and you mess up, you generally get a litany of advice and pointers to get you on the right track. Some people are slow learners though ;)

^No shit. We don't need disclaimers on every single thread guy. It's just redundant, as everyone knows that these drugs are addictive and potentially destructive. Young children are aware of this fact, so to think that you're somehow intelligent, inventive or original by spreading your gospel would be incorrect. We all know. We all know better than you do my friend.

When someone is in serious need of aid or advice here on Bluelight, say they have a potentially life-altering situation on their hands and instead of providing them with information, like maybe how to clean a used needle properly, we greet them with, "Don't use drugs, they are addictive", we are ultimately just wasting time. They need to know how to clean a needle, not your advice.

Now, OP, regarding your situation, psychological dependence upon Opioids is more or less permanent. This is not to say that your mental and physical situation won't improve with time. The obsession will lessen and cravings will subside, but Opioids ultimately make slaves of us all. Playing with fire is such an appropriate analogy. "Just getting high occasionally" is, in general, not an actual thing. The proper name for this sort of thing would be, the initial phase of your reintroduction to Opioid dependence. You'll get back to where you were if you keep messing around with them.

There are exceptions to this sort of thing. Some people can chip for their entire lives, some people don't like Opioids at all. Everyone is different, but we have to go by what would happen to the majority of the population. Messing with Opioids post-dependence is not possible without reigniting issues.

Also, we don't get mad at new members just for posting in the wrong area :). I'm not that much of a dick. I am however somewhat of a dick. We get mad when people blatantly break the rules and try to source drugs or do other stupid shit like that. If you're new and you mess up, you generally get a litany of advice and pointers to get you on the right track. Some people are slow learners though ;)
Now i see why this site is a fucking joke. "Mods" like you are just here to spread your attitude of indifference and virtue signal once in a while. You do more harm then good sunshine;)

^

So is this post in the wrong area if so i apologize again and
where should it have been and can we jus continue with more opinions on the point of this thread..

Please don't get emotional Radar. Nobody is attacking you. This site has a purpose and if you don't agree with it, that's totally fine, but I wouldn't keep frequenting the forums if they cause you this kind of aggravation. We're not going to back down because people don't like it. You're not the first to have the attitude that we're pure evil. You're not the first person this week as a matter of fact.

Harm reduction has a positive impact on people's lives. If you can't understand how that works, it's fine. Again, nobody encourages drug use. I actually sent you a friend request and responded to your issue in another thread. If you want to discuss it, we can. I'd love to. Our stance, however, will not change. I'm pro-choice, pro-personal freedom and pro-harm reduction til the day I die.

Last edited:
So is this post in the wrong area if so i apologize again and
where should it have been and can we jus continue with more opinions on the point of this thread..

No man, you're thread's not in the wrong area. Sometimes people go on tangents within threads. I'm guilty of it myself, just like other folks are, so we apologize for that. It's actually my job to keep things on track, so it's my fuck up. I gave you basically everything I could though in my previous post. If you choose to use Opioids again, even after your previous dependency, you will become re-addicted. Prove me wrong and you'll make me a happy man. It doesn't get any clearer than that. You have a less than one percent shred of optimism that you can resume drug use in a miraculously responsible, safe and conscientious manner - one completely different from your previously establish behavior patterns ;).

Again, if this happens and you succeed, that is amazing. If you're looking for emotional support and reassurance in the form of:

"Yes sir! You can use drugs however often you like my friend, everything has changed since last time. You've learned some lessons. You're in control now. It's all gonna turn out different. Last time was just a terrible fluke; a never ending series of terrible coincidences that led to all of that pain, but not this time. You're good to go!"

... then that's not something that we can in good faith provide. I've been doing this (Opiates) for ten years. On, off, on, off, sort of on, totally clean, using again etc. It never will work the way you or I want it to.

Now i see why this site is a fucking joke. "Mods" like you are just here to spread your attitude of indifference and virtue signal once in a while. You do more harm then good sunshine;)
You are entitled to your opinion but your tone is hostile. Keif took the time to answer the OP's question so what's the problem? You're not going to like or agree with everything you read here. I've seen your thread already so please don't derail this one.