View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Salvia Trip: 0.5 g 20x

oneaspiringman

Greenlighter
Okay, so I've been examining this site for weeks, reading day and night at all of your mind-boggling trips and it truly fascinates me. Really glad to find a place like this. Okay recently I had been tripping off Special K. The last time I tripped I did an absolute shit ton.

It was wonderful at first but later I felt as if the Ketamine was literally inside my head, almost hurting my brain. My head felt very enclosed. I went outside to attempt to sweat the drug out, where I was then hit with an epiphany induced emotion: I wanted to be sober ( I promise it plays into the story). It felt like a breath of fresh mountain air. I felt no desire to smoke pot, or even any psychadelics for that matter, which was really strange. But I had been on some real life-changing shroom and acid trips that brought me bounties of insight and knowledge. I felt truly content with my outlook and living life in this unaltered reality we call sobriety.

Here is when it gets complicated and ignorant: I had already purchased this salvia extract online. The day I went sober was Tuesday. The salvia came in today, two days later. I arrived home from work and opened up the salvia: "20x extract NOT INTENDED FOR HUMAN USE." I originally was never going to open the box, just wait until I felt it calling me and this life of sobriety maybe grow dull or I would want to trip again. But, I have always been a bastard. With almost no realization or thought into how serious salvia is (I had done my research but at that point in time I didn't even care to trip, just wanted to see how it compares to my friends LSD and Psilocybin).

I'm home alone, and from what I had seen almost all people on salvia just sit there and flop and drool, so I presume I'll be straight. I head into my old garage, since it is raining, and lock myself in a convertible bimmer, electric blue. Thing has been out of commission for a while, so I sit there not only for a seat but just in case I do move about. All I had was my old lucky bowl, had an incredible water pipe but some police officers had taken that earlier this week. So before I even pack the bowl, I began a voice recording on my phone where I explained just about everything I told you so far in terms of K and sober life. I sat my phone to the side and open the bag.

I empty half the sack into the bowl, it's texture leafy but broken down. I take my first drag, instantly remembering I had read that you gotta RIP this shit and hold it in. I feel dumb, and by the way, for those that do not know, salvia tastes and burns unlike marijuana or anything you should ingest to the lungs. I then take two huge drags with no exhale, and hold it in with my eyes shut.

That was it for me. From here on out truly bear with me. I can describe my LSD trips like a pro, reason being I have tripped enough to know how to explain the visuals and thoughts, I once could not do this. That is where I seem to be with salvia, also most of the trip is completely gone from my memory. So, I did not even get to see myself exhale the smoke. Next thing I know I see blackness, and the best way I can describe was that there were long strips of land in the blackness. Mountains and everything almost just floating in an abyss, but the mountains and fields were segregated with perforated lines almost.

Out of nowhere, the first piece of land is ripped out of the picture, they started on the left and went to the right, in a zipper type of motion. Then, more pieces of land are ripped up. As it gets closer and closer to the end, I become self aware. I am a piece of land. There are two pieces of land to be ripped before me at this point. This was life for me. For those of you who have done salvia, you know more than anyone that when you are on this drug you simply do not have the head space or consciousness to even know you are on a drug. It's constantly such an intense, different reality that you must stay focused on it at all times, no options.

My body began to hurt incredibly as the pieces before me were plucked. It felt as if someone was crushing my frame and pulling my hair, very very real pain. Just before I am plucked I run. I am running as fast as I can.

From there it gets almost impossible to recall other than a few moments. This garage is not used much, it is not finished. There is a second room and once you enter it, there's a bathroom to the right, in shambles honestly (living in a new home and this garage is the project that We never get around to). But, I can recall many entities existing inside that bathroom. I know this isn't accurate but it was similar/ made me think of a circus top carnival, the indoor ones that are red- and white lined exterior. I can't recall if those people were kind or not, I simply felt their presence.

The last thing I remember other than the scary come down was getting caught. I had been running and I was caught. Something was trying to either bury me in sand, clay, or what looked like red yellow and blue melted crayons. It was getting poured or cemented all over me. I am me at this point, but all of this part of the description is coming from a mere five seconds I recall. The things I was becoming entrapped in kinda looked like kid playground slides, somehow. I got covered up to my chest, I was standing up. My arms were placed in front of me but right at my chest, as if in a "halt!" gesture or, as I was being compressed. I then threw my phone which was in my left hand. It had the yellow wax all over it, as did my hands.

Next thing I know I am coming too, and I am standing up on the other side of the room. I look in my left hand and there is my phone. The timer rang out at 8 minutes and thirty six seconds. I smoked it about two minutes into the recording, so I had close to a seven minute trip. First thing I noticed was my condition: both of my shoes are off and my socks are sopping wet from rain. It seems to me that when I ran in the trip, it really happened. I was in such anxiety to get the fuck out of the garage at this point. My reality was so misconstrued that I walked to the bathroom literally expecting the circus top to be there, and was in amazement to see the same old wrecked bathroom.

I could not find my shoes for so long. One was all the way under a dusty chair. The other was on the other side of the bimmer, at the back hand right side, under insulation. I could not believe this and was terrified I had been running about without my own self even being present. There are nails in that room, I have neighbors on both sides of me as well. Who knows what I looked like or had done. For the first minute or so, I thought I had smoked the salvia and had fallen asleep, I then realized that theory is easily shut down because I came to standing up. With everything in a different location than before.

My socks were wet but the door remained closed. No water runs through that place, I guess I was coherent enough to open the door and probably slam it back. The bowl was in my hand when I left reality, I later found it all the way in the backseat of the car just lounging. My phone has some new scratches on it as well. I must have really thrown it. I had to have looked like a man in turmoil and distress.

What got to me the most is this: movies always show psychadelics as showing you things that aren't there. However, us trippers know otherwise, at least for shrooms and L. I had always been super curious if there really was a compound that could show you non-existent, or normally non-seeable things. I was in disbelief. It is true and intense. Mind blown to the maximum extent. After taking a good bit to find my belongings, I got the fuck up out of there. Something about remaining in that room shook me to my core so deeply I almost left my right shoe and bowl in there forever. Surely I would have gone in back later though but you see how terrified and almost feeble I was.

I was dissociated and did not quite understand this normal world I had been in my entire life. I was still having a cloggy-ish mental high i think, am not sure. I head upstairs and watch some "Always Sunny In Philadelphia" and realized I wanted to sleep this shit off. Awoke thirty minutes later to someone coming upstairs, where I preceded to entail to her the craziest and scariest events of my life.

I still have another half gram and have been studying salvia even more-so after the trip. Other people on this site also have felt entities and seen carnivals, which intrigues me. I now respect salvia, and I believe I was taking it a million times too light-hearted, which lead to me getting my ass rocked.

I am going to trip again when I feel I am ready, I am content with sobriety still and will know when my time is right. Thank you guys for reading my trip report, send some thoughts my way and we can chop it up about all of this.

P.S. I was so terrified when I came to that I listened to the last minute of the recording I had going for the entire trip and could only hear loud bustling, I was so petrified I deleted the entire thing. Man I regret that but in the moment it was instinct. The End, sorry if there are typos this is a bit too long for me to proofread at almost midnight.:sus:

Last edited:
Paragraphs please - that is one thick block of text.

Careful with the Salvia - it can be a real head fuck.

I'll fix the paragraph situation when I get home. But yes I've been continuously just reading more and more trip reports and I've read about other people feeling very existent physical pain.
And almost everyone who does salvia is in such a different and drastic realm that they believe it to be the truth. The mind cannot make this kind of stuff up, or so I thought. I am completely boggled and peaked with interest. Will for sure do salvia again. I want to look more into my trip and see if the things that occurred have any real meaning or hold on my existence here.

If your bowl contained 0.5gr of 20x that was 10 times a strong dose. Be careful and try to get information when trying new things.

It is a difficult trip to explain but my first ++++ was with Salvia. I was sure I was dying that night, I was taken from this reality into another at a ferocious rate. It was a year before I could venture back near it.

If you think Salvia is interesting, DMT is well worth a look see.

Wow. That's incredible. I almost purchased a 40 x but decided I will start at 20. One thing I'm scared of is the reverse tolerance. Feel free to drop some knowledge on this drug because as of now most of it is foreign to me and I'm trying my best to educate myself. Salvia is the most interesting thing I have ever encountered. It has me asking questions I once thought only a crazy person would say. Revolutionized my entire thought process and concept of reality and consciousness.

DMT is something me and my buddies have talked about since we were 15. We always were mesmerized by what people had to say about it and wanted to wait for our brains to develop more-so before we did it. I am ready for soul-searching. I am ready to see the peak of existence and any realm that it could hold before me. Even as I say this, I still will wait a decent while before experimenting. You can almost just tell when it is the right time to try a new psychadelic. You can almost feel it beckoning you, knowing you are ready.

There is plenty of information about salvia on the internet.
https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Salvinorin_A
https://erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia.shtml
http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/654135-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Salvia-Thread-3rd-Dimension and http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/359879-The-Big-amp-Dandy-Salvia-Thread-Second-iteration

About dosages, you should take 50mg so 1/20 of a gram. You can take less too but I wouldn't try again something like what you just did. That's dangerous. Try to have a friend with you when smoking to avoid hurting yourself when you are out of this reality.

Did another very,very , minor dose of salvia last night. Had two buddies there. I had been telling everyone how terrifying the prior trip was, and somewhere along the way I forgot how much I had really felt and experienced. So, I had been with my buddy Dustin all day and was telling him trip reports I've read on here and my own personal experience, and he was interested.

Later that night we went to my friend Mitch's house to make some music, so I said why the hell not bring it just in case. I get there and Dustin seems really interested and excited to see me try this salvia. Mitch had done it before, had a bad trip, so he could relate to what I was saying in terms of how real and intense it all is. With my friend being so excited and into the salvia, I got it out and packed what i would consider .03 of a gram into a tiny lil gas station bowl. Mitch said he didn't want his room stinking like salvia, because we gotta turn off the fan when we record. I then head into his bathroom and take a huge drag, being a total of maybe 9 steps away from these dudes but not in their direct field of vision.

Once I took this hit, The most fucked up realization hit me. I forgot what world this shit took me to. It was almost like since I had told my experience so many times, that it almost became less real or scary to me. I also remembered, after having already taken the drag (literally only took one hit before I was whisked away), that you are supposed to calm down so I took one huge deep breath and poof. bye bye. Instantly this deep feeling of panic, terror, and fear harvested into my gut. I was taken back to this universe I saw in my last salvia trip. But the thing was, this world and reality had completely vanquished from my memory until this hit took me right back. Literally I so vividly remember something now from my last trip that I hadn't even included in this report. When I began to trip, it was as if time and space had stood still for me, waiting for me to come back to this alternate reality.

BEAR WITH ME. THIS IS INTENSE AND IMPOSSIBLE TO DESCRIBE 100% ACCURATELY. Here's what this world was like. I could see 50 of me. All in their own universe. Literally all different versions of me, and we were singing some type of theme song, if only I could remember what it was like. But as the theme song went, terrible terrible, impossible things were happening to me. And I didn't look like me. I was standing up-right, and was intelligent, but I was not human. Some other far away geno-type, but it was still Me. Still Noah. In some universes it was me, looks and all. In some I varied. But as this song went, We were headed toward something. I cannot recall what it was, but it was highly colorful, green, red, yellow, and a wood oaky color, not exactly brown though. This "thing" had great importance.

In the trip prior that this happened I ran ( I ran twice, not only the piece of land part but this new moment I recall as well). I wanted to escape the moment again. Since so many terrible and painful things were happening to me, I could not bear to see where the song and act where headed. I got up off the bathroom floor at this point and for a good minute I'm back in the garage I originally tripped in. I truly feel I should have cooperated instead of resisting what this trip had to show me. But I was so scared, that that this thought didn't hit me til the next day, today. It has to be attempting to educate me of something. ANYWAY, I manage to get back into the room with my buddies, 40 seconds has passed.

I walk in, they described me as red faced and having the most fear-instilled look they had ever seen. So whenever I see them, it was Dustin and Mitch, but not the ones I knew. I was on Planet Earth, but not in the same dimension and reality I usually call home. At that point I sank waste deep into the floor and remember seeing under the house I was inside, crazy stuff. The rest of that moment is forgotten but I do recall that. Dustin looked very different, very similar to how I looked in the "theme song" ( for sake of better terms) reality. Impossible to describe. Educated, yet animalistic.

At that point I look into a corner in the room and can see the all of these alternate realities and dimensions of my own existence again. I began to come down, still under the minute mark here. All of this happened in under the time it's taken me to write this, which is crazy so much was jammed into a minute time period. Most overwhelming thing I've ever experienced. As I came down though, I wasn't back home. I never got back to my reality and home planet. It was as if some giant claw machine ripped me from my own reality and threw me at a complete random one, but the existence there was near the same. I could simply tell I was not back in my original world by being very observant. One thing that really fucked my head up this time was this: last time, I at least was a piece of land, or something completely crazy that didn't make sense. But what happened this time was all inside either my reality, or a different one. But the events truly occurred. I believe I was in another realm where alternate versions of this planet exist elsewhere. Why that got to me is, I could not expunge it. It was so real and it was so me. But in a place and time not yet known.

When I came down I began to attempt to explain these feelings and visions, I was utterly terrified. Even worse than last time because, while I did not go into major depth of the "theme song" world, my fucking god. It was this reality, but a much scarier and evil version. It was as if I was being tormented and chased, and the theme song was proof that it was for someone's joy and entertainment. And it wasn't wrong that bad things were happening to me, I only saw it that way because I was me, the tormented one. Any time I even began to even attempt a description of these worlds and realities to my friends, the thoughts were pulled from my head, only to return when I gave up on telling them. It was as if they were not supposed to know, I was supposed to keep these truths self-evident to only me.

My socks were wet yet again, this time I realize it was from sweat, so I had never went outside on my first trip after all. I tripped for around 50 seconds, and accumulated such a mass sweat across my body. This alone simply expels the complete thought of time. Time is subjective to what realm, existence, and focus you have. That 50 seconds was 5 hours in some ways. My body understood this, i could tell by my stress and sweat levels afterward. It was very hard to deal with what I saw. I didn't feel at home in this reality. I do now, but in those moments, I could tell that those places and alternate me's are as real as the sun shining down on this rock we inhabit. I could not slow my breathing my an entire thirty minutes. And when I first entered the room I kept opening and closing the door because it was right next to the corner of the room where I could see the other realities manifested physically in that corner. Like that corner of the room was a portal to see or reach those spaces.

Not sure what the door had to do with it. I honestly am glad to be as strong-willed as I am, because if the wrong person had been through this, they would have went insane. I felt the insanity inside me, from seeing things that us humans cannot comprehend or even understand. Reason for that is, is it was our world but many more and some very different. It was as if asking the questions of the universe and actually getting the answers. And the answers being much more than we could ever expect. I am thankful this happened, but am truly disappointed I did not go with the flow. I know if I had that I could have gone to a new level. I believe the "theme song" was just the beginning, and there could have been an entire "tv show" in comparison after that, if you pick up what I'm saying. I will experiment with salvia again, however it will be tea, I have heard it's a bit more forgiving.

But for salvia to take me to the same place, on two different trips was very profound to me. I know there is a cause or purpose, whether it be big, small, or completely irrelevant to me I don't know. Hopefully i will find that out in due time. Thanks for listening and if it doesn't make sense, thanks for your time anyways. Cause everyone I talk to simply dismisses salvia as dumb or stupid, when I feel there's a world of unanswered questions about where it takes us, why it's here and what put it here. Simply fascinating. I hate talking about it in person as well, because with so much happening inside those moments, i truly have to sit and gather my thoughts, then paint the best picture possible. I don't make as much sense just talking off the top about it, because it's something complex and not easily described.
Please, share your thoughts, trip reports, experiences or opinions below. I truly love to read them all and will converse with whatever you guys throw my way. With chemicals as powerful as these and people who can somewhat understand or attempt to understand these moments, you can build and learn a lot through simple conversation of great minds. Thanks again this site is so necessary.

Last edited:
there is something very familiar about several aspects mentioned
a) feeling not human but being your self
b) experiencing fear or disorientation
c) moving around (in a weird/unsafe way)
d) being surprisingly wet
e) an experience with multiple selves concurrently at once each with a slightly different point of view
f) revisiting a neighborhood from a previous trip
g) shady beings that speak without speaking
h) the conviction that this must mean something significant
i) and that we are close to understanding

pupnik: Call me wrong but am I crazy to think this could be significant? I just simply cannot disprove these other realities, and where salvia takes me, so I find it highly fascinating, where do you stand on this?

I think that these factors are natural expressions of a simpler thing that salvia does (actually all psychedelics do this).
It is not symbolic of something meaningful in a mythic sense, even though it is extremely resonant, which is how you would normally guess that something is meaningful or important.

Normal sensation and ideas are mental events that involve brain wave activity that lasts about 1/15th of a second, followed by the next signals of sensation and ideas or memory bits.

We process this as a smooth movie of life.

Imagine what would happen if each thing that happened faded more slowly, but all the stuff kept on happening at the same rate.

The result is that as each sensation or idea begins to fade the next one is arising, and when really stoned the fading can last for up to 3 seconds creating life trails over top of life trails. That is long enough to create 45 primary copies of yourself, each one capable of finishing independent thought and being simultaneously shockingly aware of the others.

pupnik: Okay so that could definitely explain the other "me's". I guess I just find the experience so different from anything I have ever experienced, and so real that it almost proved the existence of other realms, realities and things such as that. And while certain parts are explainable, much is not. And what drives me mad is the simple thought that I do not know if I will get the answer or not. Because dreams are kind of the same thing. Quite realistic, and of things often not possible in this reality. The only thing that makes the two different is we can write dreams off because we are asleep, but dreams even still make me curios. But that I can understand is all in the mind.

We are awake when we experience salvia, and it is what I would call the ultimate out of body experience. But, what induces us to leave our own bodies and see things that are apparently not real at all? How can we hallucinate so much so that we forget our own existence as a human, and can experience consciousness as something usually lifeless? It's as if we keep our spirit, but are taken out of our bodies either to somewhere in-existent, or keep our consciousness and experience life as something completely deemed lifeless, something I have experienced but still deem unfathomable.
What I am pondering though, is how? Why? How, again? Are we dreaming while awake? That is the only rational answer I can gather.

I cannot write this off as all in my mind, i trust myself too much. I must know.

And sorry if I was trying to pull meaning out of the trip seemingly from thin air, this trip completely changed my thought of time, and concept of what and how life is. Salvia feels deeply routed into many of life's questions humans have asked through-out our entire existence. It feels as if it intertwines almost, call me crazy. Maybe I am over-thinking, but it is something I passionately feel for some reason. I need more conversation. I hope someone else feels something bigger than themselves from this. I am purely and honestly just putting my thoughts down here, what do you think of what I say? What thoughts cross your head? Let me know what you agree with or disagree with. From what I gather you take a rather rational outlook on this. I usually am a factual man about things, but salvia is one of the many things where all the facts are not there yet. So people like me must ask questions, must overthink, must try all we can to understand.

I speak like i know much because I one day hope to. At times it seems as if salvia is too much for us to take in, with stress levels rising and the body producing copious amounts of sweat all under a minute. That intrigues me, what is so overwhelming, how can I feel emotion while on this drug that I had never experienced prior? I have been experimenting with salvia all under a month, only two times. I will try tea, I will experiment more and hopefully will seek whether this is fact or fiction, and more answers I feel I can extract from this plant. I will not be afraid next time, I feel as if there is so much to gain from salvia, much of time is spent learning and reading what people like you and I say. Feel free to reply, I check several times daily. I will update with future trip reports and "breakthroughs", and what I believe the answers to these questions are. Because with such little fact, our own experiences and tales and emotion mean eons of discovery. in a way we are scientists, learning , testing , discovering a world ( or maybe just an altered state, I won't get too biased), that there is no evidence on if it is real or fake. What goes on here is important, and it could be revolutionary. Even if it never is, if I trip salvia ( feel like trip doesn't accurately describe the sensation but oh well) and get meaning, outlook, or wisdom of the world from it, even if it only seems that way too me, then this plant is highly important. Just from changing someone's entire conscious and thought process, and more powerfully so than high doses of shrooms or LSD have ever done. But I did receive wisdom from those as well, just not in the bounties and life-changing concepts that salvia has brought me. All from two trips. Man I have a long road ahead of me.

what I described would totally change the experience of time passing.
A moment lasts way longer than expected and overlaps dozens of it's subsequent ones, and this is happening not just to your personality matrix, but also to every sensation. every idea.

It should feel significant.

It is so sudden, unlike the gradual come up of lsd.
It is so encompassing, like a dream
It leaves you so invigorated, like a wild ride.

It is not other than that.

You did WAY to much, read up on dose information before taking a new substance bud, good luck and be safe