• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First Post...Oxy W/D help

KingOpiate

Greenlighter
Hi...I've been reading posts on blue light for about 3 years now almost daily but just now decided to write my first post! I'm writing because the last 24 hours have been probably the hardest hours of my life thus far. I started taking Kratom about 6 months ago (4-6 grams per day). when it suddenly became illegal where I live (USA) I stupidly started taking oxycodone instead of just quitting opiates. it quickly became a daily habit (more like a richual) and before I knew it I was taking upwards of 40-50mg daily. This may sound weak compared to others but for me, the withdrawals have been absolutely awful! The worst is insomnia and RLS as well as this terrible achy feeling in my lower back that makes me want to rip my face off. Any ways I haven't found a ton of information on ways to get through these first 3-4 days besides take benzos which I don't really have access to. I haven't taken any opiates in almost 2 days and have barely slept since. Any an all help or replies is MUCH appreciated. Thank you in advance

-BK

Hi, welcome to Bluelight! There are some things you can do to help mitigate opiate withdrawals. For your achy back, try some ibuprofen. Do you have access to gabapentin or pregabalin? Clonidine is also useful for restless legs and help you get some sleep. A hot bath may help, too. This thread has a wealth of information: Hope you feel better soon, hang in there!

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/569872-The-Opioid-Withdrawal-Megathread-and-FAQ?

Benzos help opiate withdrawals

As long as you don't develop another bad habit doing this, I'd recommend some sort of benzo (valium, xanax, klonopin). I've known about a lot of cases where benzos were used to help with W/D. if there is any opiate in your system do NOT take a benzo. good luck though, hope it ends soon %)

Last edited:
Hey KingOpi - I've gone through the same exact experience except a slightly higher dose (90-120mg a day of oxy, snorted) Regardless of dose, once you're addicted it's going to be similarly bad. All I have to say man is I've been there, I know what you're feeling and it is not fun.

What you must remind yourself is, this is temporary. It will pass. If you can make it 7 days, one week, you will start to feel better and better each day, the first 3-4 days being the hardest. The RLS and insomnia will go away and you'll feel normal again.

Fight through brother, it's not worth ruining your life and wasting all your money on a drug that just puts you into hell.

You can message me if you want, there is hope on the other side brother.

Good luck

Moderate size mg doses of loperamide aka Imodium(which is actually an OTC opioid you can buy at any drug store, doesn't get you "high" though, it doesn't cross the blood brain barrier, like most opiates do!), benzos, weed, and tons of other things will help! Imodium helps, surprisingly a lot with opioid withdrawl... benzos take away your anxiety, and weed, if it doesn't normally make you nervous, anxious, or paranoid, like it does some people, works very well, to me, at making me forget about the opioids/opiates, I am really craving.. I find it does help, at least in conjunction with other comfort meds... A lot of the meds, others posted about too, above me, supposedly work well too.. Good luck, hope it gets better for you! I know just how shitty opiate/opioid WDs are! been there and done that, way too many times... but I learned some good tricks along the way to help..

The DEA backpedaled on the kratom ban. You can use it to replace the oxy and taper down. The pharmaceuticals and drugs mentioned below are all good too, tons of info on BL if you search.

Also, if you're tolerant to cannabis, eating it is superior when in w/d. Much more sedative ROA than smoking flower.

Good luck man, I know how shitty it feels. But you have a light at the end of the tunnel. Just get there and you'll be good.

Edit: There's a chance it gets banned in December so you may want to put in your order now.

Last edited:
Hi...I've been reading posts on blue light for about 3 years now almost daily but just now decided to write my first post! I'm writing because the last 24 hours have been probably the hardest hours of my life thus far. I started taking Kratom about 6 months ago (4-6 grams per day). when it suddenly became illegal where I live (USA) I stupidly started taking oxycodone instead of just quitting opiates. it quickly became a daily habit (more like a richual) and before I knew it I was taking upwards of 40-50mg daily. This may sound weak compared to others but for me, the withdrawals have been absolutely awful! The worst is insomnia and RLS as well as this terrible achy feeling in my lower back that makes me want to rip my face off. Any ways I haven't found a ton of information on ways to get through these first 3-4 days besides take benzos which I don't really have access to. I haven't taken any opiates in almost 2 days and have barely slept since. Any an all help or replies is MUCH appreciated. Thank you in advance

-BK

I used for 18 years narcotic pain meds, and methadone has been a lifesaver. Even a small amount of oxy can cause severe withdrawal.

Withdrawal socks no matter what or how little you take. You should be fine after 5 - 10 day