Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First mushrooms trip :)

Tenneb

Greenlighter
Yo what's up guys!

so I'm planning my first mushrooms trip within the next week or two (which will also be my first psychedelic) and was just wondering if anyway one has any tips or something to ensure I have the best experience! Eg; things to do, music to listen to and all that

ps. I've educated my self quite well on how to pick them so that's all good on that part and would consider myself quite an open mined and spiritually enlightened guy so feel free to hit me with any suggestions:)

Which shrooms are you going for?
It is dead easy to freak yourself right out the first time and that might not just spoil this trip but any subsequent ones. Treat shrooms with some serious respect and allow yourself time to slowly gain knowlegde of them and their effects.
When I was still actively tripping we would always start people trying them for the first time with half a dose of 10-15 psilocybin, not enough to properly halluncinate but enough to experience the beauty of colour and untie your mind from it's shackels whilst not letting it wander too far off. You have time to take lots of trips in your life so you dont need to rush in with heroic doses, take it easy, take it slowly and avoid the train wreck.

A few general pointers for a first time mushroom trip -

-set yourself a weight that you intend to use and stick to it, no redosing
-have some favourite music and/or movies set ready to go
-get some light, healthy snacks ready for the come down (if you feel like eating, not all people do); fruit, veggies, water, fruit juice, etc.
-trip where you are safe, aren't going to be disturbed and *not* with assholes who might screw around with you.
-it couldn't hurt to have a benzodiazepine handy just in case things get a bit too intense for you.

I started at 0.67 g (dried Cubensis) and found that my favourite dose is around 5g. Took a few months to work up to that.

I've never picked them, only grown them or purchased commercial ones.

Tom

If you're the kind of person who is comfortable harvesting these from the wild, you're probably the kind of person who is very comfortable in the outdoors, so I'd recommend that you choose a beautiful outdoor setting for your trip. Ideally with access back to a home or someplace safe, in case you want to retreat. Try not to bring more than the bare essentials with you, some water, the right clothing, some snacks. Too much "stuff" gets really confusing and irritating I find. Leave your cellphone behind or off.

Personally, I've never worried about carrying benzos, my attitude is that if I take too much mushrooms, it's my own fault and they're going to kick my ass and teach me something in the process (mainly about not taking so much mushrooms :)

I think a good starting dose of dried cubensis is about 1.5g. It's really hard to tell how much to take when they're wet, because their moisture content can vary a lot, and besides that mushrooms seem to vary a lot in potency too.

Having at least one tripping buddy with you is great for a first time, or any time really!

I agree with every single word perpetualdawn said, excellent advice. Most important things to have are an open mind, good set and setting, and mushrooms of course! =p Have fun shrooms are by far my favorite psychedelic, I like perpetuals recommended dose of 1.5g. I started with 3.5g, my first psychedelic trip, it was an amazing experience but boy was it strong for the first time! Tom gives sound advice as well.

The rest is for you to decide! Dont be afraid to really let go of your ego and surrender yourself to the experience, as mushrooms are particularly good at dissolving the ego. They have much to show you!