• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First Morning Glory LSA extraction (with pics)

nokia2003

Greenlighter
-used 886 morning glory seeds (Ipomoea tricolor) from wal-mart. they were heavenly blues.
-crushed them in coffee grinder after a subtle wash w/soap water.
-soaked in vm&p vaphtha for 3 hours w/occasional stirring.
-filtered and soaked again in naphtha w/stirring (this time for 5 hours).
-filtered and soaked one more time in naphtha w/stirring (this time they soaked about 15 hours).
-filtered the seeds, disposed the naphtha, and let the seed mush dry.
-dry, yellow-ish kitty litter-like seed matter was left.
-soaked seed matter in isopropyl alcohol 99% for 3.5 days w/occasional stirring.
-filtered seed matter out and left the iso alcohol to evaporate under stove fan in dark, room temp. area.
-about 3-4 hours later, w/no smell of alcohol, scraped up the remnants off the plate and was left with a grey/yellow-ish substance. it feels almost like dry paste, or a thin gum. its not liquidy or sticky or thick. would be able to roll it up in a ball if wanted to.

skeptical if whether or not this has come out properly or not, i havent seen any results online like this.. here are some pics of the results:

NSFW:

IMG_20140603_115136_268_zpsf205477e.jpg

IMG_20140603_115028_474_zpsed1f114f.jpg

IMG_20140603_115021_329_zps8170b463.jpg

IMG_20140603_115100_045_zpscafcc35a.jpg

lmk if you know why or if youve seen this before.. idk what to do lol

Last edited:
Hi,

I took the liberty of making the images directly visible, but I put them in a foldout NSFW tag. Edit your post with the edit button to see how it was done.

Also please don't use white font, it makes your post harder to read.

What you have is the LSA "gunk" mentioned here:

https://www.erowid.org/plants/morning_glory/morning_glory_extraction2.shtml

sorry, i didnt mean to write in white font, i wasnt even aware, and thanks for tagging the pics...

but, in that erowid link, they described the gunk to be a sticky yellow/dark brown gunk. mine is more of a white-ish/grey-ish w/very light yellow tint. and it's not very sticky either.

I'd take that as a good sign that you washed with non-polars thoroughly, discoloration and stickiness is likely impurities or solvent residue or plant fats/ oils etc.. the alkaloids are probably white / colorless powders when purified.

So what's to complain? ;)

You may weigh this product and calculate the purity or potency by going on the amount of seeds you started with.

Be sure to store this stuff protected from air, water, light and high temperatures. LSA's are not exactly the most stable.

thanks man, that feels reassuring.. have you tried lsa yourself or done an extraction?

what would be the best way to ingest it? "best" as in, the least distasteful way? lol also, i wanna hear from more sources just to make sure, only because i never heard or seen of anyone's "gunk" or "gum" to be as pale and white as mine came out. since i used isopropyl 99%, i was actually expecting a powder and not a thin dry gum result.

While you can be proud of a job well done, I think there are people for example on the DMT Nexus forum who have gone beyond that and done further acid/base extractions and subsequent crystallisation to yield relatively pure lysergic amides.

The extraction you did separates polar from non-polar compounds but apparently that still allows stuff to be extracted that makes it gummy. It is probably a combination of the choice/use of solvents and the composition of MG seeds and maybe the fact that you did not change the pH, though I do not know if there is any solvent that could be used that yields a high purity powder right away.

For ingestion, what about encapsulation? Should be quite comfortable.

I don't remember having done an extraction, or maybe just a quick CWE but I have done plenty of extractions on other things and yeah I have tried LSA's from ingesting MG seeds, HBWR seeds and ready-to-use headshop pills containing substances that include LSA extract.
I thought it was alright but no match for many other psychedelics.

how many doses do you figure you have?...2?...3?
I only did MG twice around 500 seeds each time...it was ok but no match for HBWR seeds.
The body load was kinda distracting for the amount of "trip" involved. Then again, i didn't do an extraction just ground em up an down the hatch....yuck.

how many doses do you figure you have?...2?...3?
I only did MG twice around 500 seeds each time...it was ok but no match for HBWR seeds.
The body load was kinda distracting for the amount of "trip" involved. Then again, i didn't do an extraction just ground em up an down the hatch....yuck.

id assume anywhere from 1-3 doses. i used 886 morning glory seeds, and it came out with .5 grams (500 milligrams). one heavy sketchy dose or two pretty good doses..

make it two then...that shit is...unpredictable.
I smoked weed with mine and had little to no nausea.