View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

First LSD followed by Shrooms experience

Fridolin

Bluelighter
Hi, dear Bluelighters! I have been a long term observer of this forum and now it is time to become a member. I hope to meet interesting people here and have a great time.

SWIM has a plan to take LSD with his girlfriend on 31st of December. He got 1 tab (240ug) which they think to split in half and take around 5 hours before midnight to be peaking for fireworks. SWIM has little experience with psychedelics (shrooms) - one common dose and one light museum dose with his girlfriend (which was her only experience with psychedelics). They are planning to take the LSD and go to the beach, start a fire, listen to music and wait for midnight fireworks. They have no experience with LSD whatsoever and SWIM thinks it would be best to start low.

SWIM has also got 7g of dried psilocybe cubensis dried mushrooms. He is thinking about possibility of taking 1-1.5g dose each after midnight once the LSD starts wearing off. It has been discussed on the internet about combination of LSD and Shrooms (also known as hippie flipping, if correct). Some say it is crazy but SWIM is not sure how it would affect him and his girlfriend as they would be taking only small doses of the two substances and both not at the same time. There is a possibility of going to a house party after the midnight which Shrooms would probably not be the best thing. Any suggestions or ideas?

Hi there! If you're a long term observer you know that SWIM is not allowed here, "I" will suffice :)

Splitting the tab and taking ~120ug each is an ideal dose for a first timer. I would compare it's intensity to 1,5-2g of cubes. At those dosages and with that setting I'm sure you'll have a fun time.

Ah. Sorry about SWIM. Thanks for your reply! Do you think Shrooms right after LSD will be as potent as on their own?

If you feel comfortable with it, then definitely go for it. However tolerance may be an issue, so id say go for maybe 2g cubensis instead of 1-1.5.

Thanks everyone for their replies! Feel absolutely hyped and cannot wait for the day as it will be our first real psych experience together and it seems like it will be an amazing way to spend New Year's eve. Any advice on reducing possible nausea/food? I heard that ginger helps.

I have never taken shrooms at end of LSD trip but IME it is almost impossible to extend an LSD trip. I know if you try to take more LSD it will barely work at all because tolerance has already started long before trip is over. So if the mushroom LSD cross tolerance is true it likely would be at it's worst when you go to take the mushrooms at the end of the LSD trip. I am not sure though. I personally would take the shrooms way earlier in trip if you want more effect, or save them. I wouldn't take them the end.
FYI whenever LSD gets tested it's never 240 mics, ever. Almost every time I have seen people raving about super duper Euro hits online they get tested and it's under 100.

Hi there! If you're a long term observer you know that SWIM is not allowed here, "I" will suffice :)

Splitting the tab and taking ~120ug each is an ideal dose for a first timer. I would compare it's intensity to 1,5-2g of cubes. At those dosages and with that setting I'm sure you'll have a fun time.

I have always suffered from bad tripping when in use of such substances. Is there a way out? No, I don´t think so.., except not using it anymore..

I have never taken shrooms at end of LSD trip but IME it is almost impossible to extend an LSD trip. I know if you try to take more LSD it will barely work at all because tolerance has already started long before trip is over. So if the mushroom LSD cross tolerance is true it likely would be at it's worst when you go to take the mushrooms at the end of the LSD trip. I am not sure though. I personally would take the shrooms way earlier in trip if you want more effect, or save them. I wouldn't take them the end.

Our plan is not to extend the effects of LSD but to rather have a shroom's high after the low dose of LSD (not an actual trip with complete loss of ego but just a high to keep us entertained). Of course the strength and effect of LSD on us will decide whether or not to take shrooms but if it's not enough then we would like to have a bit more fun with psychs at night as I will be working until evening and cannot be tripping during daytime (and all we have is just 1 tab).

I have heard of people combining the two together at the same time but I've only seen one person who has done shrooms after LSD and he said it was great but the person took huge doses of it.

I have always suffered from bad tripping when in use of such substances. Is there a way out? No, I don´t think so.., except not using it anymore..

I have tried 1.5g of powdered cubensis. Had a slight loss of ego, a lot of confusion but overall it was an amazing experience which I enjoyed a lot. My significant other have tried just under 1g which she enjoyed very much too.

What he's saying is that after an hour or two of dosing a psychedelic, you gain a massive tolerance to it, so redosing is highly ineffective and variable. Meaning, even to just prolong an LSD trip with shrooms and not up things, you'd need to take 2-3gs.

Thanks for the advice! We will be taking 2g as we might end up in a house party and don't want to be tripping too hard. Besides, we don't have much experience so 2g should be enough.

I was wondering about consumption of those two substances. We have little experience of shrooms and know what they're like. Therefore we would like to explore the LSD world because we never tried it.I'm thinking to consume LSD on an empty stomach and have some light snacks afterwards. I assume I'll be pretty hungry by the time we take shrooms so was thinking to make some sort of a dish out of them and consume it 6 or more hours after LSD. What do you think?

Edit: if shrooms had no potential effect except making the LSD last longer, do you think it's just a waste of good mushrooms? And I wanted to know if any of the people speak from experience (in particular taking shrooms AFTER LSD). Maybe it would just be better to take shrooms the next day/week or take a little bit of shrooms together with half the tab of acid (let's say 120ug + 0.5g). For some reason I have a strong feeling half a tab will not be enough and would like to take a full dose of acid but we only have one tab. Your opinions please.

Last edited:
Ok, I went through a batch of topics about this combo (no personal experience) and found that most people tell tolerance played a big role. Looking at how psilocybin and acid uses mainly the same receptors it's safe to suggest your tolerance to both sunstances will skyrocket about an hour into the acid trip.
So either take them at the same time (120ug+0,5g) or save the mushies for later.
The first option should make the LSD more visual, add some mindfuck and maybe body load, so a proper setting is a must.
On the other hand if you decide to experiment and eat the shrooms later, do it on an empty stomach too, about 4hrs into the LSD trip. You can try to eat something right after the acid came up but I doubt you'll be able/want to :)
For added energy I go for bananas, fructose pills, 100% unfiltered fruit juice, some salty snacks.
Prepare everything in advance, one of the most confusing thing in the world is looking for something high on acid :D
I don't know what music you listen to but the best ones for LSD are classic space rock(ozric tentacles, pink floyd), chill/ambient(Asura, Solar fields, Tripswitch), classic goatrance (Man with no name, Astral projection, Hallucinogen). It's not like the earthy-bassy vibe of the shrooms, it's more about high pitch sounds and complexity. I hope it helps :)

Thanks a lot for your help! We decided not to waste any mushroom and just stick to Lucy, experience it on its own. We might take shrooms the next day depending on how we feel.
In terms of music we will just play whatever we feel like. I know that playlists usually don't work that well in my experience. Definitely looking forward to some Primus and Physics House Band (really cool instrumental ambient math rock band - check them out!)

Those are good, the acid really likes electronic guitars :)
Safe tripping!

I don't think taking mushrooms the next day will have any psychedelic effects - your receptors will still be clinched tightly by the LSD. LSD seems to cling to receptors a lot harder than most other things.

Well, we'll see how it works out. I personally am hyper sensitive to drugs (have a full blast trip from 1g of shrooms or get really stoned from 2 tokes of a joint). And we're not taking tons of LSD either.